Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

BOARDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why am I having to put a security code to post a topic now?

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

?

you know one of those little letter/numbers thinggy's...

only for new post in the politics section btw. not here as I just found out.

Last edited by Rogue on 10/8/2012, 11:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

Rogue wrote:?

You talking about a "Captcha" type code? It sounds like a security setting for that folder (politics). At forums hosted by Forumotion, the administrator has to set security and permissions for every directory. There is probably a setting that is different on that folder.

Yomama wrote:

You talking about a "Captcha" type code? It sounds like a security setting for that folder (politics). At forums hosted by Forumotion, the administrator has to set security and permissions for every directory. There is probably a setting that is different on that folder.

yes, thats exactly what im talking about.

I never had to do it before. I guess boards set it so we had to do that for politics topics. hmmmm I wonder why?

Rogue wrote:
Yomama wrote:

I never had to do it before. I guess boards set it so we had to do that for politics topics. hmmmm I wonder why?

I didn't have to use the "Captcha" feature when I posted in the politics forum earlier.

Ghost_Rider1 wrote:
Rogue wrote:
Yomama wrote:

I didn't have to use the "Captcha" feature when I posted in the politics forum earlier.

i did twice today. could it be because i wasnt at my home comp?

Boards, did you put a security code speciffically for me so it would make it harder for me to post to the politics forum?

its really pissing me off. Mad

please fix it back

thanks

2seaoat

I thought you said I was paranoid......

2seaoat wrote:I thought you said I was paranoid......

its not paranoia when its real

are you having to use captcha ?

all of a sudden yesterday i startd to have to us it to post over there. it seems to be inconsistant.

I dont put it past daddy to do that. he likes to mess with me i think Mad

I just posted to Politics and didn't have to do anything special.

Rogue wrote:Boards, did you put a security code speciffically for me so it would make it harder for me to post to the politics forum?

its really pissing me off. Mad

please fix it back

thanks

I have not really investigated it at Everyday Pensacola, but I do not believe that the Administrator can set the "Captcha" to just one individual poster. When it is set, it is for everyone that posts. In other words it is an equal opportunity security.

boards of FL

boards of FL

My guess is that you were posting at such a high volume that whatever forum algorithm suspected you of being a spammer.

Yomama wrote:I just posted to Politics and didn't have to do anything special.

Me either.

boards of FL wrote:My guess is that you were posting at such a high volume that whatever forum algorithm suspected you of being a spammer.
i had only posted that one when it happened i was at work, i dont have much time to post a lot when i am there.

however, all of a sudden its not doing it any more Very Happy Suspect

so cool. no problemo Razz

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum