Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

My dog is getting obnoxious

+2
Telstar
2seaoat
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1My dog is getting obnoxious Empty My dog is getting obnoxious 6/8/2017, 10:06 pm

2seaoat

She is the smartest dog we have owned in 41 years of marriage. She is without anxiety other than a growing fear of thunderstorms. She loves her runs on the islands, and sadly she has been killing ground hogs despite my commands which are always too slow before she gets them by the nap of the neck and shakes them. Well the damn dog is watching tv, and beginning to understand too much of our language. We now have to spell things out like we were dealing with a four year old child.

I like to have ice cream at night and our ritual is to spray some whipped cream on the floor every time we have ice cream to give her a treat. She also loves golf cart rides where she runs beside the cart. We cannot say golf cart without her going crazy. So we have been using the initial GC, but the damn dog has figured out what we are talking about. When we are getting whipped cream, we make an a sound like whipped cream coming out of the can. She hears that sound from the can or us and comes running to the kitchen. Well for popcorn we simply say the damn word and she goes nuts, and now we cannot even spell it without her catching on to what we are talking about. The other day, I was cleaning my keyboard with compressed air and she comes sailing from the bedroom at full speed to get her whipped cream. I had to show her the difference and needless to say she was piszed at me. When she is piszed she lays down with her back to my wife or me. When she is happy with me she jumps up into my lazy boy and cuddles between my thigh and the arm rest where she will fall asleep. She demands at times that I put my laptop on the shelf so she can jump in my lap. We feel like this whole thing is spinning out of control, and she may be driving the car next week, and making a grocery list of just whipped cream and popcorn. I guess being a sick old fart does give you new priorities.

2My dog is getting obnoxious Empty Re: My dog is getting obnoxious 6/8/2017, 10:16 pm

Telstar

Telstar

3My dog is getting obnoxious Empty Re: My dog is getting obnoxious 6/8/2017, 10:17 pm

PkrBum

PkrBum

That's great... lol. My daughter has been staying with me since she graduated from college last month and she decided to buy a jack Russell. They are a trip... lol. Literally so scatterbrained that they can hardly hear you. She's testing my patience... which is nearly infinite with animals. They say it's slow going until they're fixed or a year old. Wow... I've never seen anything with this much energy... but damn she's cute... lol.

4My dog is getting obnoxious Empty Re: My dog is getting obnoxious 6/8/2017, 10:21 pm

2seaoat

I love puppies, but they simply wear me out. A lady I used to share office space with had two jack russells and she would bring them into the office and they were non stop energy.......could jump and kiss your nose......the vertical on them is amazing.

RealLindaL

LOVED your dog story, Sea. Way too funny for the wee hours but nice to head for bed with a grin on my face. Thanks for the chuckles!

zsomething

Laughing

A brilliant animal can be a curse. A hilarious curse, but still, you gotta watch 'em. Especially if they learn to spell.

My cat's treats come in foil packets, so now anytime I'm opening any kind of bag that looks like that, he starts climbing my leg, thinking he's getting something.

The worst, though, is eating paper towels. Any paper towel left on the counter, he's going to try to eat. So far it hasn't hurt him any (in fact, from what's in the litterbox, he seems to have invented the self-wiping butt) but I still try to stop him from doing it. No more being lazy about throwing paper towels away...

My other cat is an outdoor cat. She showed up as a feral kitten and I managed (via a whole lot of patience) to make friends with her. She's good with me, but hates everybody else, which is kind of a burden. Anyway, when I shut her on the screened-in back porch for the night, I have to make sure the cat food's already out there, because if I try to go inside to get it, she's going to attack me, like, "HEY! Aren't you forgetting something?!" I'm hoping she'll learn that I always come back with the food, but so far, nope, I have to get past a fightin' cat every time.

PkrBum

PkrBum

I have a big black cat that's hilarious... he's more raccoon than cat... lol. You can't open a drawer or cabinet that he doesn't jump in. He's extremely interested in everything humans do. Running water is the mystery of the universe to him... lol. He's also the friendliest cat too... very loving and sweet.

zsomething

PkrBum wrote:I have a big black cat that's hilarious... he's more raccoon than cat... lol. You can't open a drawer or cabinet that he doesn't jump in. He's extremely interested in everything humans do. Running water is the mystery of the universe to him... lol.  He's also the friendliest cat too... very loving and sweet.

There's one drawer in my house I keep finding open, and now I'm wondering if maybe my cat's climbing in there. He's definitely opening it. He does like to climb into the kitchen cabinet whenever it rains. it's his storm shelter. A tornado may get me and the rest of the house, but not him!

He'll also talk to me if I meow at him. I have no idea what we're talking about, but we get fairly long conversations going...

PkrBum

PkrBum

zsomething wrote:
PkrBum wrote:I have a big black cat that's hilarious... he's more raccoon than cat... lol. You can't open a drawer or cabinet that he doesn't jump in. He's extremely interested in everything humans do. Running water is the mystery of the universe to him... lol.  He's also the friendliest cat too... very loving and sweet.

There's one drawer in my house I keep finding open, and now I'm wondering if maybe my cat's climbing in there.  He's definitely opening it.   He does like to climb into the kitchen cabinet whenever it rains.  it's his storm shelter.  A tornado may get me and the rest of the house, but not him!

He'll also talk to me if I meow at him.  I have no idea what we're talking about, but we get fairly long conversations going...

Lol... cats are so cool. I'm constantly entertained watching my cat and dog. They're worth the trouble.

10My dog is getting obnoxious Empty Re: My dog is getting obnoxious 6/16/2017, 12:06 pm

wolfhouse

Sounds like what kids can do to you when you're younger. They keep you young Smile

http://www.wolfwantshouses.com/

11My dog is getting obnoxious Empty Re: My dog is getting obnoxious 6/16/2017, 12:29 pm

2seaoat

She is one of the sweetest dogs we have owned, but she is a stone cold killer of groundhogs, which she grabs by the neck and shakes them to death. It really piszes my wife and I off even though their boroughs are extremely dangerous to the lawn equipment near the river, I want them left alone. She will get a goose once and a while, but the groundhogs have just been getting destroyed by her. I yell for her to stop, but by the time I have noticed her death grip on the animal, it is usually too late. She came in contact with a huge snapper turtle, and she was just the opposite. She was cautious and reserved around that turtle. She is great with other dogs and children, but when she is on the hunt instinct takes over.

12My dog is getting obnoxious Empty Re: My dog is getting obnoxious 6/16/2017, 12:38 pm

zsomething

Pets can decimate the local fauna. I was calling my outdoor cat to dinner last week and she wasn't showing up. That gets me a little ansty because she went missing for six weeks once and I was sure she was dead. Anyway, she finally showed up, gnawing the head off a rabbit. I was surprised she brought it down, since it was almost as big as she is. I also find parts of squirrels around, too, so she's either fast as hell or damn good at ambushing things.

13My dog is getting obnoxious Empty Re: My dog is getting obnoxious 6/16/2017, 12:44 pm

PkrBum

PkrBum

My cat gets rabbits too. He just leaves the head and one internal part. Not sure which one. I'll have to Google it next time... lol.

14My dog is getting obnoxious Empty Re: My dog is getting obnoxious 6/16/2017, 12:45 pm

2seaoat

We had a dog who would kill bunnies and rabbits and bring the dead carcass to the garage entry to the house. One day I hear these blood curdling screams from the garage and immediately thought my daughter had been hurt by the overhead garage door which might have malfunctioned.......The damn dog had brought a dead rabbit to share with the family to the welcome mat, and my daughter was carrying a box and never saw the dead rabbit and stepped on it getting blood all over her shoe........damn she could scream.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum