This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.


You are not connected. Please login or register

Trump is determined to destroy America's European relationships.

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Consider: Our resident idiot insults European leaders at the NATO conference. He insults London's mayor after a terrorist attack. He bullies international trade leaders, and seems absolutely determined to make America a collection of ugly Americans. Who does all this benefit. Can you say Russia?

Reality.

View user profile
Wordslinger wrote:Consider:  Our resident idiot insults European leaders at the NATO conference.  He insults London's mayor after a terrorist attack.  He bullies international trade leaders, and seems absolutely determined to make America a collection of ugly Americans.  Who does all this benefit.  Can you say Russia?

DNC Talkingpoint.

There... i fixed it for you.

View user profile
Yep. Trump is still playing to that ever-dwindling 19% who supported him, because all he wants is approval, and that's the only place he's going to get it. And I'm not sure what Putin has on Trump, if the pee-tape is real or what, but there's definitely a ring through Trump's nose and Putin's holding the chain clamped to it.

It's an embarrassment to America, and it's going to cost us all big down the road, because we make our money selling to the world. You alienate the world, the brand goes bad, and people learn they can live without it... and that becomes a habit. Whoever gets the White House next is going to have one hell of a lot of repairs to make if we're going to remain any kind of superpower, and not just some-other-country. Our reputation's been shitcanned by this guy and his cabal. We look so stupid on the world stage now. Not just Trump -- he's just one guy -- but the fact that we have a population who would fall for such a Nigerian-prince-level scam. America looks like the "dumb country" now, thanks to those voters.

Electing Trump is the biggest mistake America's burdensome low-end-of-the-learning-curve ever made. We're not even six months in and that's already clear, and it's only going to get worse.

View user profile
Obama shitcanned us every chance he got to the globalists... and you said nothing.

View user profile
PkrBum wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:Consider:  Our resident idiot insults European leaders at the NATO conference.  He insults London's mayor after a terrorist attack.  He bullies international trade leaders, and seems absolutely determined to make America a collection of ugly Americans.  Who does all this benefit.  Can you say Russia?

DNC Talkingpoint.

There... i fixed it for you.

You're taking too much meth . . .

View user profile
PkrBum wrote: Obama shitcanned us every chance he got to the globalists... and you said nothing.


When will you recognize we have a two-party political system? I agreed with Obama's foreign policies ... most of the time. You must take pride in continually misunderstanding everything.  Obama had the respect of every European leader.  Trump has the respect of ... of ..... well ... . let me see ..... oh.  Got it.  Putin.  Reality.

View user profile
Wordslinger wrote:
PkrBum wrote: Obama shitcanned us every chance he got to the globalists... and you said nothing.


You must take pride in continually misunderstanding everything.  Obama had the respect of every European leader.  Trump has the respect of ... of ..... well ... . let me see ..... oh.  Got it.  Putin.  Reality.

The job isn't to make friends. They should be worried if they have been taking advantage of us.

Which most of them are. If all trump does is level the playing field... that's huuuge.

View user profile
zsomething wrote:Yep.  Trump is still playing to that ever-dwindling 19% who supported him, because all he wants is approval, and that's the only place he's going to get it.  And I'm not sure what Putin has on Trump, if the pee-tape is real or what, but there's definitely a ring through Trump's nose and Putin's holding the chain clamped to it.

It's an embarrassment to America, and it's going to cost us all big down the road, because we make our money selling to the world.  You alienate the world, the brand goes bad, and people learn they can live without it... and that becomes a habit.  Whoever gets the White House next is going to have one hell of a lot of repairs to make if we're going to remain any kind of superpower, and not just some-other-country.  Our reputation's been shitcanned by this guy and his cabal.  We look so stupid on the world stage now.  Not just Trump -- he's just one guy -- but the fact that we have a population who would fall for such a Nigerian-prince-level scam.  America looks like the "dumb country" now, thanks to those voters.

Electing Trump is the biggest mistake America's burdensome low-end-of-the-learning-curve ever made.   We're not even six months in and that's already clear, and it's only going to get worse.

Could not agree with you more about all these points. 45 is totally unsuited. This morning I see on CNN that he's called the mayor of London's comments about the latest terrorist attack "pathetic".

For the most part we see an administration floundering except for their lazer-like focus on destroying agencies that protect the public; tax cuts for the wealthy; rollback of regulations for the benefit of corporations; destroying the ACA, and the rest of it, fill in your own pet peeves. Oh, I forgot that he has systematically attacked all of our allies. What a bag of tweeting hot air.


In the aftermath of the London terror attack, Donald Trump on Monday returned the offensive over security, attacking Sadiq Khan and renewing his criticism of the US courts for blocking his attempted travel ban against people from six Muslim-majority countries.


Trump also added to his widely reviled criticism of Khan, the London mayor, writing: “Pathetic excuse by London mayor Sadiq Khan, who had to think fast on his ‘no reason to be alarmed’ statement. [Mainsteam media] is working hard to sell it!”

Khan responded on Sunday to Trump’s first criticism of his advice to Londoners in the aftermath of the attack, a spokesman saying the mayor had “more important things to do than respond to Donald Trump’s ill-informed tweet that deliberately takes out of context his remarks.”

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/jun/05/donald-trump-attack-courts-travel-ban-london

View user profile
zsomething wrote:Yep.  Trump is still playing to that ever-dwindling 19% who supported him, because all he wants is approval, and that's the only place he's going to get it.  And I'm not sure what Putin has on Trump, if the pee-tape is real or what, but there's definitely a ring through Trump's nose and Putin's holding the chain clamped to it.

It's an embarrassment to America, and it's going to cost us all big down the road, because we make our money selling to the world.  You alienate the world, the brand goes bad, and people learn they can live without it... and that becomes a habit.  Whoever gets the White House next is going to have one hell of a lot of repairs to make if we're going to remain any kind of superpower, and not just some-other-country.  Our reputation's been shitcanned by this guy and his cabal.  We look so stupid on the world stage now.  Not just Trump -- he's just one guy -- but the fact that we have a population who would fall for such a Nigerian-prince-level scam.  America looks like the "dumb country" now, thanks to those voters.

Electing Trump is the biggest mistake America's burdensome low-end-of-the-learning-curve ever made.   We're not even six months in and that's already clear, and it's only going to get worse.

While I agree with the general tenor of your comment, I take issue with the two highlighted sentences.

After WWII, Germany was pretty much reviled throughout the West, yet these notorious pro-Nazi companies have managed to do pretty well:

Krupp
Deutsche Bank
Bosch
Mercedes Benz
VW
Bayer
IG Farben
BMW
Siemens

Why do you think that is?

View user profile http://www.flickr.com/photos/btraven/
del.capslock wrote:
zsomething wrote:Yep.  Trump is still playing to that ever-dwindling 19% who supported him, because all he wants is approval, and that's the only place he's going to get it.  And I'm not sure what Putin has on Trump, if the pee-tape is real or what, but there's definitely a ring through Trump's nose and Putin's holding the chain clamped to it.

It's an embarrassment to America, and it's going to cost us all big down the road, because we make our money selling to the world.  You alienate the world, the brand goes bad, and people learn they can live without it... and that becomes a habit.  Whoever gets the White House next is going to have one hell of a lot of repairs to make if we're going to remain any kind of superpower, and not just some-other-country.  Our reputation's been shitcanned by this guy and his cabal.  We look so stupid on the world stage now.  Not just Trump -- he's just one guy -- but the fact that we have a population who would fall for such a Nigerian-prince-level scam.  America looks like the "dumb country" now, thanks to those voters.

Electing Trump is the biggest mistake America's burdensome low-end-of-the-learning-curve ever made.   We're not even six months in and that's already clear, and it's only going to get worse.

While I agree with the general tenor of your comment, I take issue with the two highlighted sentences.

After WWII, Germany was pretty much reviled throughout the West, yet these notorious pro-Nazi companies have managed to do pretty well:

Krupp
Deutsche Bank
Bosch
Mercedes Benz
VW
Bayer
IG Farben
BMW

Why do you think that is?

Every one of the listed companies supplied the Nazi government during WWII. I. G. Farben brought us Zyclone B (used in Nazi gas chambers). After Germany lost the war, the west tried the criminals of the former government and then helped rebuild war-torn Germany. Helping German manufacturers get back in the world market conformed to that goal. Using the same logic, once we've gone bankrupt, the Europeans might help us restore Ford, GM, and Scott's Weed and Feed.

View user profile
Wordslinger wrote:

Every one of the listed companies supplied the Nazi government during WWII.  I. G. Farben brought us Zyclone B (used in Nazi gas chambers).  After Germany lost the war, the west tried the criminals of the former government and then helped rebuild war-torn Germany.  Helping German manufacturers get back in the world market conformed to that goal.  Using the same logic, once we've gone bankrupt, the Europeans might help us restore Ford, GM, and Scott's Weed and Feed.  

Precisely my point.

View user profile http://www.flickr.com/photos/btraven/
Except that we rebuilt west Germany... and the Russian/collectivists controlled east Germany implementing their ideology (Your ideology). How'd that work out? We should pull our bases out of there.

View user profile
PkrBum wrote:Except that we rebuilt west Germany... and the Russian/collectivists controlled east Germany implementing their ideology (Your ideology). How'd that work out? We should pull our bases out of there.


I'm a socialist democrat. The Russians were communist. And you are a Fascist. One of those three cares about the people. Reality.

View user profile
del.capslock wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:

Every one of the listed companies supplied the Nazi government during WWII.  I. G. Farben brought us Zyclone B (used in Nazi gas chambers).  After Germany lost the war, the west tried the criminals of the former government and then helped rebuild war-torn Germany.  Helping German manufacturers get back in the world market conformed to that goal.  Using the same logic, once we've gone bankrupt, the Europeans might help us restore Ford, GM, and Scott's Weed and Feed.  

Precisely my point.



View user profile
Wordslinger wrote:
PkrBum wrote:Except that we rebuilt west Germany... and the Russian/collectivists controlled east Germany implementing their ideology (Your ideology). How'd that work out? We should pull our bases out of there.


I'm a socialist democrat.  The Russians were communist.  And you are a Fascist.  One of those three cares about the people.   Reality.

I'm not even close to a fascist...

but all three you listed are basically the same central authority collectivist crapola.

View user profile

View user profile
zsomething wrote:Electing Trump is the biggest mistake America's burdensome low-end-of-the-learning-curve ever made.   We're not even six months in and that's already clear, and it's only going to get worse.

Sad to say I agree with you 100% (as I usually do, z). The situation is nothing short of appalling. I remain at a total and complete loss to understand how anyone can continue to support this president. He's an immense failure on the world stage, not to mention here at home. It's almost beyond comprehension.

View user profile
PkrBum wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:
PkrBum wrote:Except that we rebuilt west Germany... and the Russian/collectivists controlled east Germany implementing their ideology (Your ideology). How'd that work out? We should pull our bases out of there.


I'm a socialist democrat.  The Russians were communist.  And you are a Fascist.  One of those three cares about the people.   Reality.

I'm not even close to a fascist...

but all three you listed are basically the same central authority collectivist crapola.

OK. I accept that you know yourself better than I know you. So you tell us, just what are you politically? You come across as an anarchist at times, and at other times, you promote fascists like Trump. So just who is Pkrbum?

View user profile
Wordslinger wrote:

OK.  I accept that you know yourself better than I know you.  So you tell us, just what are you politically?  You come across as an anarchist at times, and at other times, you promote fascists like Trump.  So just who is Pkrbum?

TROLL?

View user profile http://www.flickr.com/photos/btraven/
Wordslinger wrote:
PkrBum wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:
PkrBum wrote:Except that we rebuilt west Germany... and the Russian/collectivists controlled east Germany implementing their ideology (Your ideology). How'd that work out? We should pull our bases out of there.


I'm a socialist democrat.  The Russians were communist.  And you are a Fascist.  One of those three cares about the people.   Reality.

I'm not even close to a fascist...

but all three you listed are basically the same central authority collectivist crapola.

OK.  I accept that you know yourself better than I know you.  So you tell us, just what are you politically?  You come across as an anarchist at times, and at other times, you promote fascists like Trump.  So just who is Pkrbum?

I guess I'd be most closely aligned w libertarians...

but I'd never join a group that'd have me as a member... lol.

View user profile
PkrBum wrote:

I'd never join a group that'd have me as a member.

I wouldn't lose too much sleep over that.

View user profile http://www.flickr.com/photos/btraven/
Eric Trump: Trump-Russia Probe ‘Greatest Hoax of All Time’
http://www.thedailybeast.com/eric-trump-trump-russia-probe-greatest-hoax-of-all-time?via=desktop&source=copyurl

President Donald Trump's sons are defending their father's attack against London's mayor over his handling of the recent extremist attack.
http://www.startribune.com/trump-sons-defend-his-criticism-of-london-mayor/426748221/

View user profile http://www.flickr.com/photos/btraven/
del.capslock wrote:
While I agree with the general tenor of your comment, I take issue with the two highlighted sentences.

After WWII, Germany was pretty much reviled throughout the West, yet these notorious pro-Nazi companies have managed to do pretty well:

Krupp
Deutsche Bank
Bosch
Mercedes Benz
VW
Bayer
IG Farben
BMW
Siemens

Why do you think that is?

True. We'll have to hope that the rest of the world will be as generous with us as they were with Germany... and, o' course, that our crimes won't get anywhere near as bad as Germany's did.

But, what I'm really meaning is, despite some setbacks, America has enjoyed a good reputation in the world. We're imperfect, of course -- every country is -- but compared to a lot of other places, we've been seen as (mostly) the good guys, a reliable, reasonable friend in the world. But after Trump, America's going to have little claim of being that "shining city on the hill," or be deserving of that Statue of Liberty, or anything that's somehow better -- more open, more welcoming, a smart, strong, home-of-the-brave who deserves a leadership role on the globe.

Trump has revealed that a large segment of our population -- at least the 19% fucking stupid enough to vote for him -- are gullible enough to be conned by an obvious charlatan, cowardly enough to turn their backs on everything America's greatness was built on because they're scared of even the slightest risk, bigoted enough to be motivated by appeals to their xenophobia, un-serious enough about the truth to fall for brainwashing... and, just flat-out shitty people in general.

Now, they were always here... Trump didn't build them, he just emboldened them and brought them out into the light. But it's embarrassing to the point of tragedy to have the rest of the world witness that we have so goddamned many of them. We're actually a dumb, nasty enough country to have elected a hateful joke.

And I'm not sure there's any coming back from that. We're preserving some of the world's good will by resisting him and showing that, hey, most of us aren't down with this asshole, this guy ain't us.

The world will still do business with us, because they kind of have to... we're a commerce and industry hub. But one of our greatest exports has always been our culture. We're Hollywood, we're rock & roll, we're funny and smart and we give the world some of the best toys. People want that. And, although we stumble quite a bit (as in Iraq), mostly we could always be counted on to be good, or at least well-intended. But the world has now seen that we're not as reliable as they thought -- our most-idiotic mean-spirited elements have at least as much power as the better-angels-of-our-nature -- and they're no longer going to have the same kind of trust in us, or view us the same way. And, perception being at least a good percentage of reality, we'll have lost one of our most valuable assets, which we may not be able to get back.

And that'll be on Trump. And, even moreso, the people who support him. They're America's rancid underbelly, lying on its back and kicking its legs, and it's a shame that the rest of the world got a look at it. I'm just hoping we can do something to make them un-see it.

For starters, we need to kick the shit out of them in the 2018 election, and then again in 2020. Then maybe we can convince the rest of the globe that this ugliness was a hiccup rather than the-new-way-things-are. Because if this is the new-way-things-are, then America's done as being anything greater than just-another-country.

View user profile
Anti-establishment was a major theme. It's funny how leftists are still making excuses tho... lol.

Your old white establishment ruling elite are loving those talkingpoints.

View user profile
PkrBum wrote:Anti-establishment was a major theme. It's funny how leftists are still making excuses tho... lol.

Your old white establishment ruling elite are loving those talkingpoints.

Shocked

Have you actually looked at Trump and his cabinet? What's more old-white-establishment than Trump/Pence? And what are they champions of other than the white establishment? I mean, seriously, banning immigration and building border fences to keep brown people out... that's the main things their base wants.

You're oblivious to the point of silliness already. Laughing And anyway, I thought the excuse-du-jour was "economic anxiety." The ways to avoid saying "Trump's voters are mostly a bunch of low-end-of-the-learning-curve bigots" changes every day. Really, I think they should just go with "they really like hats with slogans on 'em." That one might actually sell. It's got that lured-by-shiny-objects Cracker Barrel gift-shop factor that the public might actually believe.

View user profile

Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum