Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Big Bird gets whacked....and the alternative minimum tax gets cut......

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

2seaoat

This tells the whole story. Who are the people who pay tax under the alternative minimum tax? Please go to this link and read a basic description of what candidate Romney wants to eliminate:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alternative_Minimum_Tax

Now who in the middle class is worried about ATM. Nobody, and who is worried about Big Bird.....nobody. So why was this common debate technique used. To not allow a discussion of the issues. Does America want to eliminate the ATM when they understand what it does.....of course not. We are going to need to engage our brains as a people. Republicans were critical in the original 1969 bill because they understood we have to be fiscally conservative and pay our bills. The sociopath Romney as the shill for the oligarchy thinks that Americans are stupid and cannot grasp what the elimination of ATM means......yet.....Mitten the Kitten is going to get the big bird on election day from the American Public.

Lurch wrote:Big Bird gets whacked....and the alternative minimum tax gets cut...... Image010lu
The Corporation for Public Broadcasting receives about $450million from Congress each year. About $280million goes to PBS and the local stations.

Federal funding makes up about 12 per cent of the PBS budget

Shows like Sesame Street are multi-million dollar enterprises capable of thriving in the private market. According to the 990 tax form all nonprofits are required to file, Sesame Workshop President and CEO Gary Knell received $956,513 -- nearly a million dollars -- in compensation in 2008. And, from 2003 to 2006, "Sesame Street" made more than $211 million from toy and consumer product sales.

If you break that down, it works out to over $50 million a year "Sesame Street" is taking in from all that merchandising.

Yep, that one-percenter Big Bird makes about four times what Mitt Romney does annually and yet Barack Obama still wants you and I to still carry his freight

I guess that's Obama's idea of "economic patriotism

no stress

no stress

Rogue wrote:
Lurch wrote:Big Bird gets whacked....and the alternative minimum tax gets cut...... Image010lu
The Corporation for Public Broadcasting receives about $450million from Congress each year. About $280million goes to PBS and the local stations.

Shows like Sesame Street are multi-million dollar enterprises capable of thriving in the private market. According to the 990 tax form all nonprofits are required to file, Sesame Workshop President and CEO Gary Knell received $956,513 -- nearly a million dollars -- in compensation in 2008. And, from 2003 to 2006, "Sesame Street" made more than $211 million from toy and consumer product sales.

If you break that down, it works out to over $50 million a year "Sesame Street" is taking in from all that merchandising.

Yep, that one-percenter Big Bird makes about four times what Mitt Romney does annually and yet Barack Obama still wants you and I to still carry his freight

Bravo!! That, my friends, is the rest of the story! Good job!

2seaoat

Ahhhh but are you happy that big bird will no longer have to pay ATM......because that is the real question.....do you want Big Bird to get a total free ride?

2seaoat wrote:Ahhhh but are you happy that big bird will no longer have to pay ATM......because that is the real question.....do you want Big Bird to get a total free ride?

its an automatic 280 million dollar savings for the american people yearly if big bird gets off the gov teet.

if you want to call that a free ride, have at it.

Rogue wrote:

I guess you don't have any comment on the "Soft on wall street" part of my post.. I could care less if they took funding from big bird.. I'm kinda pissed where their priorities are..

Lurch wrote:
Rogue wrote:

I guess you don't have any comment on the "Soft on wall street" part of my post.. I could care less if they took funding from big bird.. I'm kinda pissed where their priorities are..

I'll promise to discuss it with you when you tell us who exactly wall street is. Just calling them wallstreet isnt really fair.

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

Kill the big bird, cook it and feed it to the hungry today. What will the hungry eat tomorrow?

http://tv.msn.com/tv/article.aspx?news=765419

romney doesn't want to face the kids.. Shocked

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum