Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Cubs game

+2
2seaoat
Hallmarkgard
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Cubs game Empty Cubs game 4/24/2017, 9:41 am

Hallmarkgard

Oats...My son when to a Cubs game yesterday. His company has a sky box and they invited him and my granddaughter to attend. Thought of you when he told me..He said the desert cart was unreal LOL Beer was 10 dollars a piece..

2Cubs game Empty Re: Cubs game 4/24/2017, 10:00 am

2seaoat

Cub fans have always been yuppies. White Sox fans are baseball fans. Cub fans go to the ball park to be seen and get drunk. 10 beers is stupid. I cannot drink anymore, but I would not pay 10 for a beer. As a baseball fan, I must admit the young players on the Cubs are one of the best baseball teams I have seen in my lifetime. Your son got to see some very good baseball players. After my father died my mother tried her best to normalize my brother and I with things a dad would do. She would take us to about 10 sox games a year, most were Sunday doubleheaders where they allowed you to pack a lunch, and you could watch two games for the price of one. Once a year when Milwaukee would come to Chicago, she would take us to a Cub game to watch hank Aaron who was my favorite National league player. Parents are not perfect, but I will always appreciate my mother's attempt to make a 10 year old forget the loss of his father by enjoying the beautiful game of baseball. I am not a big fan of sky boxes and suites. It is not how a baseball purist watches a game......get me close. I had a 27 game season pass to White Sox games where I took the kids and they were in the upper deck and they never even got a foul ball. I got a foul ball off Ken Barry who then hit a grand slam on the next pitch, and gave it to my son as one of my most cherished possessions. He lost it playing ball in the backyard with friends.....so the cycle continues as he takes my grandsons to games......for sure not cub games.

3Cubs game Empty Re: Cubs game 4/24/2017, 12:15 pm

RealLindaL

Cubs/Yankees game upcoming weekend of May 6 could be interesting.

4Cubs game Empty Re: Cubs game 4/24/2017, 12:52 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Hallmarkgard wrote:Oats...My son when to a Cubs game yesterday.  His company has a sky box and they invited him and my granddaughter to attend.  Thought  of you when he told me..He said the desert cart was unreal  LOL  Beer was 10 dollars a piece..

So happy your son got to go...

5Cubs game Empty Re: Cubs game 4/24/2017, 1:00 pm

Sal

Sal

Wrigley is a great place to see a game.

6Cubs game Empty Re: Cubs game 4/24/2017, 2:45 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

I enjoyed games at Fenway.....I would like to go to Wrigley. The guys went last season.

7Cubs game Empty Re: Cubs game 4/25/2017, 11:43 am

2seaoat

Wrigley is a great place to see a game.

Spoken by someone who never sat behind an I beam.

8Cubs game Empty Re: Cubs game 4/26/2017, 2:55 pm

Telstar

Telstar

2seaoat wrote:Wrigley is a great place to see a game.

Spoken by someone who never sat behind an I beam.

Beams, yikes! What a pleasure it is not to have to deal with beams at the stadium any more.

9Cubs game Empty Re: Cubs game 4/26/2017, 3:01 pm

RealLindaL

My son and d.i.l. are flying from NY to Chi-town to see the Cubs/Yankees game on May 6. Hope they don't get rained out and certainly hope they don't get stuck behind an I-beam!

10Cubs game Empty Re: Cubs game 4/26/2017, 3:21 pm

Telstar

Telstar

RealLindaL wrote:My son and d.i.l. are flying from NY to Chi-town to see the Cubs/Yankees game on May 6.  Hope they don't get rained out and certainly hope they don't get stuck behind an I-beam!

Go Yanks!

11Cubs game Empty Re: Cubs game 4/27/2017, 2:56 am

RealLindaL

Telstar wrote:
RealLindaL wrote:My son and d.i.l. are flying from NY to Chi-town to see the Cubs/Yankees game on May 6.  Hope they don't get rained out and certainly hope they don't get stuck behind an I-beam!

Go Yanks!

cheers cheers cheers

12Cubs game Empty Re: Cubs game 4/27/2017, 6:08 am

Sal

Sal

Yankees Suck!

Yankees Suck!

13Cubs game Empty Re: Cubs game 4/27/2017, 10:42 am

Telstar

Telstar

14Cubs game Empty Re: Cubs game 5/5/2017, 6:10 pm

Telstar

Telstar

RealLindaL wrote:
Telstar wrote:

Go Yanks!

cheers   cheers   cheers

Hope they enjoy the game. The Yanks were down 2 to 0 in the 9th today and Brett Gardner hit a 3 run homer for the Yanks to win it. A dramatic comeback win against the world champion Cubs. cheers

15Cubs game Empty Re: Cubs game 5/6/2017, 7:41 pm

Telstar

Telstar

5 to 0 Yankees before the Cubbies even came to bat. Maybe the ghost of Mark Koenig is at Wrigley field.

16Cubs game Empty Re: Cubs game 5/6/2017, 8:28 pm

Telstar

Telstar

8 to 0 in the 4th.

17Cubs game Empty Re: Cubs game 5/6/2017, 11:35 pm

Telstar

Telstar

Big win for the Yanks. Tomorrow they can sweep the series with the Cubs.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum