Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

We beat our competition.....not our passengers

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

2seaoat

Southwest apparently ran this on an ad. United cannot be punished enough. I watched the video of what they did to this man. What I cannot believe that passengers did not intervene and become more vocal. People should be fired. People should boycott United until this man is fully and fairly compensate him.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

2seaoat wrote:Southwest apparently ran this on an ad.   United cannot be punished enough.  I watched the video of what they did to this man.  What I cannot believe that passengers did not intervene and become more vocal.   People should be fired.  People should boycott United until this man is fully and fairly compensate him.
I'm sure there will be a huge settlement. The news said the doctor had a felony conviction and lost his license. It never stated whether or not his license was reinstated.

2seaoat

We need to stop blaming victims. I do not care if it was a child abuser, what they did to this man was wrong, and it needs to be addressed. I am still bothered because I would have intervened and said stop it. If you need someone to get off the plane, I will go, but leave this man alone. I heard passengers verbally protesting, and I was with a friend on a golf outing who had a flight attendant without much reason say "sir....I am giving you an FAA warning" My friend goes what does that mean? she said I have nothing more to say, and I have given you the warning. Cattle get treated better than passengers on airlines, and our representatives accept it and do not make laws which protect passengers, but a boycott and stock values dropping.....then maybe humanity can be reintroduced in these flying cattle cars. I have not flown in eight years since I got sick. I will never get on an airline again. It is pure torture going to the airport, and being handled like the luggage.

Telstar

Telstar

2seaoat wrote:Southwest apparently ran this on an ad.   United cannot be punished enough.  I watched the video of what they did to this man.  What I cannot believe that passengers did not intervene and become more vocal.   People should be fired.  People should boycott United until this man is fully and fairly compensate him.

We beat our competition.....not our passengers We_bea11

2seaoat

We need congressional action to address airline abuses. People have been abused for too long. Profit and greed have now taken the place of common decency. I have had so many bad experiences with rude and obnoxious flight attendants that when I was still flying, I would put a blanket over my head and not interact with them for the entire flight. I quit sitting on the aisle, because they would intentionally run their carts into my legs. Some people should find other work. The whole environment nurtures the outlook that it is them against us.

Telstar

Telstar

2seaoat wrote:We need congressional action to address airline abuses.   People have been abused for too long.  Profit and greed have now taken the place of common decency.   I have had so many bad experiences with rude and obnoxious flight attendants that when I was still flying, I would put a blanket over my head and not interact with them for the entire flight.  I quit sitting on the aisle, because they would intentionally run their carts into my legs.  Some people should find other work.  The whole environment nurtures the outlook that it is them against us.

Or you could just walk to...Japan or wherever.

PkrBum

PkrBum

You don't need congressional anything dip shit... you need the competition to offer a better product.

Do you ever think before you react anymore?

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

2seaoat wrote:We need to stop blaming victims.  I do not care if it was a child abuser, what they did to this man was wrong, and it needs to be addressed.   I am still bothered because I would have intervened and said stop it.  If you need someone to get off the plane, I will go, but leave this man alone.  I heard passengers verbally protesting, and I was with a friend on a golf outing who had a flight attendant without much reason say "sir....I am giving you an FAA warning"   My friend goes what does that mean?   she said I have nothing more to say, and I have given you the warning.   Cattle get treated better than passengers on airlines, and our representatives accept it and do not make laws which protect passengers, but a boycott and stock values dropping.....then maybe humanity can be reintroduced in these flying cattle cars.  I have not flown in eight years since I got sick.  I will never get on an airline again.  It is pure torture going to the airport, and being handled like the luggage.

I do not disagree with you at all. The way he was treated was wrong; someone would have given up a seat for the right incentive.

Telstar

Telstar

You may want to think twice about flying Delta.

2seaoat

Airlines are heavily regulated. We subsidized them for almost 50 years. The American taxpayers pay for the airports, air traffic control, and the roads to these airports. Competition. You cannot be that blind to the reality of air travel. There is NO competition, and monopoly on certain routes gives the a license to steal. No. it is time to reverse the give aways to airlines and demand passenger bills of right. It is a regulated industry where the regulators have given away tax dollars to make the 1% even more wealthy. There should be a uniform method to correct overbooking. Physically pulling people off flights is unacceptable. Why do you indirectly protect these bad practices and pretend competition will solve the same. All airlines have done the same perhaps not with the same drama.....but they are booting people off flights every day, and competition will not solve this problem.

RealLindaL

Joanimaroni wrote:The news said the doctor had a felony conviction and lost his license. It never stated whether or not his license was reinstated.

Apparently that was about some phony prescriptions, and was about a decade ago. He started practicing again in 2015, though I don't know for sure if that was sanctioned via a license.

RealLindaL

PkrBum wrote: You don't need congressional anything dip shit... you need the competition to offer a better product.

You should ask yourself the same question once in a while, you arrogant doofus.

This is one of those times (however rare you may consider them to be) when you, sir, are dead wrong. The overbooking practice, at the very least, is one that veritably screams for government regulation to step in and mandate uniform practices that are fair to passengers while not overly risking airline profits. If simple competition over lo these many decades had been able to prevent airlines from doing this to people, we wouldn't have seen what we saw this week. Period.

RealLindaL

2seaoat wrote:I have not flown in eight years since I got sick.  I will never get on an airline again.  It is pure torture going to the airport, and being handled like the luggage.

Totally agree. Neither my husband nor I has been on a plane for going on 16 years, and have no plans to ever do so again, short of some dire family emergency that might absolutely require it (and even then, we would dread it and do all possible to avoid it). He used to fly on business, and we both thoroughly enjoyed pleasure flying back in the day, but now have no desire whatever to learn and deal with all the rules and regs and be treated like cattle to boot. Nooo thank you.

PkrBum

PkrBum

RealLindaL wrote:
PkrBum wrote: You don't need congressional anything dip shit... you need the competition to offer a better product.

You should ask yourself the same question once in a while, you arrogant doofus.

This is one of those times (however rare you may consider them to be) when you, sir, are dead wrong.   The overbooking practice, at the very least, is one that veritably screams for government regulation to step in and mandate uniform practices that are fair to passengers while not overly risking airline profits.   If simple competition over lo these many decades had been able to prevent airlines from doing this to people, we wouldn't have seen what we saw this week.  Period.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.pbs.org/newshour/amp/making-sense/how-delta-masters-the-game-of-overbooking-flights

Telstar

Telstar

2seaoat

Could you imagine sitting down at a restaurant and having your meal brought to your table, and somebody comes and tells you to leave before you eat. The difference in the restaurant is that you usually do not pay until after the meal. Could you imagine waiting in the doctors office and somebody asking you to leave and the doctor can see you in three days because he overbooked patients. Could you see paying for disneyworld and upon arriving being told that they are overbooked and come back in five days.

If somebody told you the answer to those abuses are competition, my first impression would be that the person saying the same was brain damaged. Congress needs to address a bill of rights for passengers in this highly regulated industry which the taxpayers have given huge subsidies over the last 80 years.

Telstar

Telstar

Hey we are told to do exactly what the cops tell us to do no matter what the consequences will be so why shouldn't we do exactly what the airlines tell us to do?

2seaoat

I heard people bitching about United in the waiting room at Northwestern Hospital. They claim they will never fly with them. I just laugh because across the board they all treat passengers like chit because we do not demand our legislators to bring this horrible mistreatment of passengers to an end.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Never had a problem.

2seaoat

Never had a problem.

It starts by completely redefining what is a safe seat and comfortable seat. Without regulation the airlines have packed more people into the same space with little attention to fundamental comfort of passengers. On the Titanic there was steerage. We have allowed the incredibly small seats and small space to be standardized. It starts with Congress setting the standard of how many cubic feet of space on an airplane are allocated to each seat space. When I was a young kid airline tickets were expensive, but the ride was very comfortable. Over the next fifty years they became cheaper and the cubic feet and comfort was all but gone.

2seaoat

The average seat pitch, a rough measure of legroom, has dropped from 35 inches before airline deregulation in the 1970s to about 31 inches today. The average width of an airline seat has shriveled from 18 inches to about 16 ½.

Meanwhile, the airline industry is enjoying record profits—some would argue as a result of cramming more seats on their planes.

Once they could treat passengers like animals, it would not be long before this incident would happen. People are ready to explode. The United States Congress has to return to cubic space found during regulation. It starts there. Tickets will probably be fifty dollars more per ticket, and I simply do not recall seeing anything like the stuffing of carry on baggage into overhead storage except once on a bus in rural mexico.......we have allowed air travel to sink to the lowest common denominator. People need to fly with dignity and a bill of rights. All the taxpayer money to subsidize these airlines over the last 75 years and nobody is looking out for those taxpayers.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

We fly buisness class unless it is a short flight. Silver Airways has flights throughout Florida...all short flights.

2seaoat

Humans should not be sheep. It is time for the sheep to fight the maltreatment on airlines. If it was just one carrier, I could buy into the competition idea, but they all have lobbied for less space per passenger. I have lost critical baggage when checking it, so the last 10 years of my flying, I started using carry on only. It is insane. Baggage belongs below the passengers. The loading of the sheep who are filling overhead baggage has become a nightmare. All baggage should be checked except medications.

PkrBum

PkrBum

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.pbs.org/newshour/amp/making-sense/how-delta-masters-the-game-of-overbooking-flights

RealLindaL

2seaoat wrote:Could you imagine sitting down at a restaurant and having your meal brought to your table, and somebody comes and tells you to leave before you eat.  The difference in the restaurant is that you usually do not pay until after the meal.  Could you imagine waiting in the doctors office and somebody asking you to leave and the doctor can see you in three days because he overbooked patients.  Could you see paying for disneyworld and upon arriving being told that they are overbooked and come back in five days.

If somebody told you the answer to those abuses are competition, my first impression would be that the person saying the same was brain damaged.   Congress needs to address a bill of rights for passengers in this highly regulated industry which the taxpayers have given huge subsidies over the last 80 years.

Agreed 100%, and Pkr's one story about one airline (Delta) doesn't change my stance one iota.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum