Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

AHCA is DOA

+7
Floridatexan
dumpcare
othershoe1030
Joanimaroni
PkrBum
RealLindaL
Sal
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1AHCA is DOA Empty AHCA is DOA 3/24/2017, 4:09 pm

Sal

Sal

Epic fail ...

2AHCA is DOA Empty Re: AHCA is DOA 3/24/2017, 4:14 pm

RealLindaL

Sal wrote:Epic fail ...

What was the vote?

3AHCA is DOA Empty Re: AHCA is DOA 3/24/2017, 4:22 pm

Sal

Sal

RealLindaL wrote:

What was the vote?

No vote.

They pulled it when it became clear they didn't have the votes.

4AHCA is DOA Empty Re: AHCA is DOA 3/24/2017, 4:27 pm

PkrBum

PkrBum

Would you prefer they pulled an Obama to shove it through?

5AHCA is DOA Empty Re: AHCA is DOA 3/24/2017, 4:43 pm

RealLindaL

Sal wrote:
RealLindaL wrote:

What was the vote?

No vote.

And, from what I'm reading now, that was apparently done on Trump's instruction to Ryan, even though Trump's the one who previously called for a vote or else. AS IF just avoiding a vote would lessen the reality of a major defeat for Trump.

Ryan's not supposed to be working at the president's beck and call, and by now he must be wishing he weren't. Can't be any picnic.

So what's the scuttlebutt on whether or not this or another bill will be resurrected/presented anytime soon?

6AHCA is DOA Empty Re: AHCA is DOA 3/24/2017, 4:53 pm

Sal

Sal

RealLindaL wrote:
And, from what I'm reading now, that was apparently done on Trump's instruction to Ryan, even though Trump's the one who previously called for a vote or else.  AS IF just avoiding a vote would lessen the reality of a major defeat for Trump.

What a negotiator!

What a closer!!

I'm absolutely exhausted from all this winning.

7AHCA is DOA Empty Re: AHCA is DOA 3/24/2017, 5:13 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

RealLindaL wrote:
Sal wrote:
RealLindaL wrote:

What was the vote?

No vote.

And, from what I'm reading now, that was apparently done on Trump's instruction to Ryan, even though Trump's the one who previously called for a vote or else.  AS IF just avoiding a vote would lessen the reality of a major defeat for Trump.

Ryan's not supposed to be working at the president's beck and call, and by now he must be wishing he weren't.  Can't be any picnic.

So what's the scuttlebutt on whether or not this or another bill will be resurrected/presented anytime soon?

NO, Ryan is not....he will never be the cheerleader Pelosi was for Obama.

No need to vote if the numbers are not there. As Obamacare continues it will need to be revised and restructured. Hopefully, it will be a bipartisan decision. But that would take a miracle.

8AHCA is DOA Empty Re: AHCA is DOA 3/24/2017, 5:24 pm

RealLindaL

Joanimaroni wrote:As Obamacare continues it will need to be revised and restructured. Hopefully, it will be a bipartisan decision. But that would take a miracle.

Amazing!  Wow!  How did you ever come up with that??  

That's PRECISELY what the Republicans should've been working on for the past seven years -- coming up with CONSTRUCTIVE suggestions on how to improve the ACA, instead of wasting vote after vote after futile vote to repeal it entirely, when they knew that was an impossibility. But no, what they really, really wanted was for the ACA to fail and make Obama look bad.  All about political appearances, without the slightest concern for making things  better for the American people.  

Look where that strategy landed them.   Flat on their collective a**.

9AHCA is DOA Empty Re: AHCA is DOA 3/24/2017, 5:37 pm

Sal

Sal

Joanimaroni wrote:As Obamacare continues it will need to be revised and restructured. Hopefully, it will be a bipartisan decision. But that would take a miracle.

It could easily be fixed with some minor tweaks - higher penalties, tweaks to the subsidies, funding the risk corridors, etc.

The Democrats have even signaled that in exchange for the fixes, they'd be willing to entertain some of the Republicans pet projects - tort reform, expanded HSAs, etc.

But the Republicans don't want to fix anything, they want to destroy it.

10AHCA is DOA Empty Re: AHCA is DOA 3/24/2017, 5:43 pm

RealLindaL

Sal wrote:

Exactly so.

11AHCA is DOA Empty Re: AHCA is DOA 3/24/2017, 6:16 pm

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

45 said this afternoon after his big setback that he guesses they'll just have to let Obamacare implode on its own. The problem he has with that is that, at least, according to this article the ACA is alive and well. It is well enough to continue for a while. In the meantime it would be a wonderful thing to see some adults take over. It could stand a fix here and there for sure.

Beyond its eye-popping findings on higher premiums and large-scale coverage loss, the Congressional Budget Office’s official score of the American Health Care Act also quietly demolishes the central publicly stated rationale for repealing the Affordable Care Act. The key passage is a somewhat jargon-full sentence on the second page of the report that says, “In CBO and JCT’s assessment, however, the nongroup market would probably be stable in most areas under either current law or the legislation.”

http://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2017/3/14/14921594/obamacare-implosion-ahca

12AHCA is DOA Empty Re: AHCA is DOA 3/24/2017, 6:23 pm

dumpcare

RealLindaL wrote:
Sal wrote:
RealLindaL wrote:

What was the vote?

No vote.

Ryan's not supposed to be working at the president's beck and call, and by now he must be wishing he weren't.  Can't be any picnic.

We will have obamacare for the foreseeable future. Never has a social program been repealed in our history. UNLESS they completely defund it which is possible.

13AHCA is DOA Empty Re: AHCA is DOA 3/24/2017, 6:26 pm

dumpcare

Sal wrote:

It could easily be fixed with some minor tweaks - higher penalties, tweaks to the subsidies, funding the risk corridors, etc.

The Democrats have even signaled that in exchange for the fixes, they'd be willing to entertain some of the Republicans pet projects - tort reform, expanded HSAs, etc.

Yep, we were discussing the higher penalties at work today, if the penalty stays it needs to be at least what an annual premium would have been if someone had purchased health insurance, for that particular age group.

14AHCA is DOA Empty Re: AHCA is DOA 3/24/2017, 7:28 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Representative Matt Gaetz

U.S. Representative for the First District of Florida
507 Cannon House Office Building
(202) 225-4136

Statement from Congressman Gaetz on American Health Care Act

Today the Republican-controlled House of Representatives let down President Trump and, more importantly, the American people. We did so in the most cowardly, craven way possible — by failing to vote on the repeal of Obamacare. I share the frustration and disappointment of Northwest Floridians who expected and deserved action. We should know who was willing to stand with President Trump and who wasn’t. Now we never will.

Some say we should give up — that we should simply accept Obamacare’s cruel failures for eternity. I won’t. I promised Northwest Floridians that I’d fight Washington control of our health care, our education, our environment and our lives. I’m more determined than ever to keep fighting.

In the weeks and months ahead the Republican party must demonstrate the competence to govern. It is possible. In Florida, I was part of a leadership team that fought the special interests and the anti-reform establishment. We cut taxes by more than $1 billion dollars while repealing over 4,000 regulations, protecting life and our Constitutional rights. We empowered people, not government.

As your congressman, I plan to redouble my efforts to bring a renewed sense of urgency to this corrupt and disconnected town. In the face of this setback, we need bold, conservative reform more than ever. The fate of our nation is at stake.

(email)

15AHCA is DOA Empty Re: AHCA is DOA 3/24/2017, 8:05 pm

dumpcare

Floridatexan wrote:

(202) 225-4136

Today the Republican-controlled House of Representatives let down President Trump and, more importantly, the American people. We did so in the most cowardly, craven way possible — by failing to vote on the repeal of Obamacare. I share the frustration and disappointment of Northwest Floridians who expected and deserved action. We should know who was willing to stand with President Trump and who wasn’t. Now we never will.

Some say we should give up — that we should simply accept Obamacare’s cruel failures for eternity. I won’t. I promised Northwest Floridians that I’d fight Washington control of our health care, our education, our environment and our lives. I’m more determined than ever to keep fighting.

In the weeks and months ahead the Republican party must demonstrate the competence to govern. It is possible. In Florida, I was part of a leadership team that fought the special interests and the anti-reform establishment. We cut taxes by more than $1 billion dollars while repealing over 4,000 regulations, protecting life and our Constitutional rights. We empowered people, not government.

As your congressman, I plan to redouble my efforts to bring a renewed sense of urgency to this corrupt and disconnected town. In the face of this setback, we need bold, conservative reform more than ever. The fate of our nation is at stake.

(email)

Yea, my boss who is republican through and through told me yesterday the congress used Matty boy to get their pizza order together night before last. Must be a new rep hazing. lol lol

He isn't in Florida anymore he's playing with bigger boys in D.C. than he played with here. He's just learning who he can get money from under the table.

16AHCA is DOA Empty Re: AHCA is DOA 3/24/2017, 9:01 pm

2seaoat

What a mess. I am sorry for all the people who have been hurt by this fiasco, but in the end the American people won one today. How long before something else is torn down and destroyed to feed the insatiable greed of the 1%.......tax cuts to come.

17AHCA is DOA Empty Re: AHCA is DOA 3/24/2017, 9:22 pm

dumpcare

I never read once in the past two weeks Trump reaching out to Dems and asking how it could be fixed. Some have said it just needs fixing, if I'm not mistaken Hillary said it needed tweeks. Maybe if he would have asked them we might not be cheering his defeat today. I wonder what the maniac will tweet tonight and early tomorrow morning? Has he thrown Ryan under the bus yet?

Next up:

Taxes?
Vets?
Defense?
Defeat ISIS because I know more than the generals
Wall? This is going to be debatable if he cuts taxes because he ain't never getting Mexico to pay for it.

This is like a football pool where you can bet on boxes.

I personally think if any of the above is accomplished it won't be until late this year or 2018 if at all. The spying is going to take up most of this year.

18AHCA is DOA Empty Re: AHCA is DOA 3/24/2017, 10:02 pm

2seaoat

Congress has too many who could care less about governing or what is best for Americans. Traitors are among us.

19AHCA is DOA Empty Re: AHCA is DOA 3/25/2017, 5:41 am

Telstar

Telstar

ppaca wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:

(202) 225-4136

(email)

Yea, my boss who is republican through and through told me yesterday the congress used Matty boy to get their pizza order together night before last. Must be a new rep hazing. lol lol

He isn't in Florida anymore he's playing with bigger boys in D.C. than he played with here. He's just learning who he can get money from under the table.

20AHCA is DOA Empty Re: AHCA is DOA 3/25/2017, 8:16 am

PkrBum

PkrBum

2seaoat wrote:What a mess.  I am sorry for all the people who have been hurt by this fiasco, but in the end the American people won one today.   How long before something else is torn down and destroyed to feed the insatiable greed of the 1%.......tax cuts to come.

Exactly who was hurt? And exactly how?

At some point the demagoguery must stop.

21AHCA is DOA Empty Re: AHCA is DOA 3/25/2017, 8:52 am

Telstar

Telstar

RealLindaL wrote:
Sal wrote:

Exactly so.

AHCA is DOA Humpty11

All of Vlad's horses and all of Vlad's men, can't put #45 together again.

22AHCA is DOA Empty Re: AHCA is DOA 3/25/2017, 12:42 pm

polecat

polecat

trump was right all this winning feels wonderful

23AHCA is DOA Empty Re: AHCA is DOA 3/25/2017, 12:44 pm

polecat

polecat

@ddale8 45 disinterested in governing, only ruling. He wants privilege/glory without responsibility. #CrookedDonald

24AHCA is DOA Empty Re: AHCA is DOA 3/25/2017, 12:46 pm

polecat

polecat

Trump has done everything possible to repeal Obamacare including 5 visits to Mar-a-lago, 9 trips to the golf course & sitting in a big truck

25AHCA is DOA Empty Re: AHCA is DOA 3/25/2017, 2:55 pm

PkrBum

PkrBum

It's kinda funny to see the leftists celebrating this... when what it likely means is a hard right turn.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum