This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.


You are not connected. Please login or register

bob would have enjoyed these historical photos of PB

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

I'm feeling pretty irritated about losing our friends... but I enjoyed the pictures.

Thanks

View user profile
Bob talked a lot about the Casino on the beach.

View user profile
PkrBum wrote:I'm feeling pretty irritated about losing our friends... but I enjoyed the pictures.

Thanks
 How did the epidural go?

View user profile
Joanimaroni wrote:
PkrBum wrote:I'm feeling pretty irritated about losing our friends... but I enjoyed the pictures.

Thanks
 How did the epidural go?

Fine thanks. I should get some relief in a few days. I think I'll get the lumbar mess fixed in the fall.

I'm not going to have them operate on my neck again... it just sounds too invasive for a risky up side.

How are you doing? Still doing pool therapy?

View user profile
PkrBum wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
PkrBum wrote:I'm feeling pretty irritated about losing our friends... but I enjoyed the pictures.

Thanks
 How did the epidural go?

Fine thanks. I should get some relief in a few days. I think I'll get the lumbar mess fixed in the fall.

I'm not going to have them operate on my neck again... it just sounds too invasive for a risky up side.

How are you doing? Still doing pool therapy?


Haven't started back....we have really been busy. ....a lot of projects going on. Hopefully, I will be able to start back in April.

View user profile
PkrBum wrote:I'm feeling pretty irritated about losing our friends... but I enjoyed the pictures.

Thanks


I feel the same way. Kind of lost! 

Thank goodness I stayed busy .....had to help my daughter. She had 3 practices today and I had to run the kids back and forth. 

Her select basketball team had a 2 hour practice, then she had her first T ball practice for 4-5 year olds....I get teary eyed watching her....she is amazing with kids and had them all doing everything she said. After that she had a 2 hour fast pitch softball practice. 

I ended up pushing "the girl" around the park in her little pink car....if she sees her mom she will cry....so we went and watched my son's practice and my son in laws practice. 

I have 5 grandchildren playing and had 7  at the park today....I love it.

Daddy met us at the park and took the little ones home after T ball.

View user profile
Awww... I love it too. It makes me happy just picturing your day. My daughter drove me up north for my procedure yesterday. I loved spending the day with her... she's so smart and grown up now. She was talking about having kids and her plans... it's such an exciting time to be through with college and truly free to follow your dreams and life. Our family is at a gap in that the kids are grown... and the new generation is too young to play any organized sport yet. So I'm at a bit of a loss. I'm tossing tennis balls to them... it'd be nice if one or two took up tennis.

View user profile
it'd be nice if one or two took up tennis.

My six year old grandson is playing tennis in a park district program with a great tennis history with some of their player having made the big show in England. His instructor has been great and he is playing with older kids now. He is having fun and learning. Good speed, and quick reactions. He will be a tall kid, and my preference is always basketball, but each kid finds what works for them. As my wife said, tennis can be a lifetime sport like golf. I quit playing basketball and softball at 50 when the hamstrings and sore knees just took the fun out of it. The other thing is that I always prided myself on defense and knocking around for rebounds, and when the young kids would blow by me, I just was not enjoying playing. I could always knock down threes, but I always loved playing defense. I wish I had tennis lessons, but after I broke my arm in a basketball game in eighth grade, that spring unable to play baseball, I began playing tennis left handed which developed a lifetime problem with my switching hands instead of hitting a proper backhand. I played in some winter indoor leagues and could hold my own, but I never had a killer back hand, but would get to most ball switching hands.

View user profile
I began playing tennis left handed which developed a lifetime problem with my switching hands instead of hitting a proper backhand


I am a left handed sports player and started tennis around age 10.  I did not have a strong backhand so I would use both hands and then started just switching to a right backhand. 

My sister started back playing abut 8-10 years ago and plas 4-5 times a week.....as for me....you need all of your hamstrings to play.

View user profile
I miss playing terribly. This is a year that I'd have begun a new age division and I'd have been playing all of the big national events. I have friends that I'd see that I've competed against since I was 13. The Saturday evening party is always fun... great healthy food and free beer. It was a treasured experience.

View user profile
PkrBum wrote:I miss playing terribly. This is a year that I'd have begun a new age division and I'd have been playing all of the big national events. I have friends that I'd see that I've competed against since I was 13. The Saturday evening party is always fun... great healthy food and free beer. It was a treasured experience.


The playing and the comaraderie of friendships developed.  Nothing better.

View user profile
Great pics from back in the day . . . . . many of them are very familiar since I moved to the island in July 1972 . . . . . wonderful memories!

View user profile

Guest


Guest
I read The Shack and a couple of nights later had a dream.  Funny how the mind works.  Being a writer, I loved the creative nature of the book.  So the dream I had was Bob, singing karaoke in a bar but it looked like many of the "scene" descriptions in the Shack.  Just my mind working over time.  But why wouldn't Bob be singing?  Maybe Teo was there too. Kinda smoky. Wink


So very sorry to hear about Z.   What a great mind and always a fair debater.

Sad times losing these good folk.

Take care y'all.

So very sorry to hear about Z. What a great mind and always a fair debater.

Sad times losing these good folk.

Take care y'all.


It is good you posted. It has gotten to the point when somebody does not post for three weeks that a person begins to think the worse. I know both you and Hallmark post off and on, and when you are not here I am not thinking about what happened to T, Z, and Bob. It has been a tough week because his mind was so alive, and he was looking forward to the future. Some days can just knock a person on their butt.

View user profile

Guest


Guest
2seaoat wrote:So very sorry to hear about Z.   What a great mind and always a fair debater.

Sad times losing these good folk.

Take care y'all.


It is good you posted.  It has gotten to the point when somebody does not post for three weeks that a person begins to think the worse.  I know both you and Hallmark post off and on, and when you are not here I am not thinking about what happened to T, Z, and Bob.   It has been a tough week because his mind was so alive, and he was looking forward to the future.  Some days can just knock a person on their butt.

All is well with me and thanks for caring. Taking care of aging parents, son getting married in May, daughter's family moving to Japan...just busy and my mind is occupied. My down time has been spent reading. Writers have to read and some good books have come my way lately. I can share if anyone is looking for something to read. Wink

My greatest pleasure as a child was to read myself to sleep. Sometimes I would not fall asleep to two or three in the morning not able to put a book down. Reading for pleasure has been replaced by keeping the tv on all night and mind numbing programing which just fills my life with noise for the most part. I would read the classics and three newspapers from cover to cover until I got married. My reading in bed kept my wife up, and she slept best with the tv on. I adjusted, but sadly I now fall immediately asleep if I read even a magazine article. However, I will forever be grateful to the knowledge I gained with my recreational reading. I have not read a book since being ill.

View user profile

Guest


Guest
2seaoat wrote:My greatest pleasure as a child was to read myself to sleep.  Sometimes I would not fall asleep to two or three in the morning not able to put a book down.  Reading for pleasure has been replaced by keeping the tv on all night and mind numbing programing which just fills my life with noise for the most part.  I would read the classics and three newspapers from cover to cover until I got married.  My reading in bed kept my wife up, and she slept best with the tv on.  I adjusted, but sadly I now fall immediately asleep if I read even a magazine article.  However, I will forever be grateful to the knowledge I gained with my recreational reading.  I have not read a book since being ill.

I cannot read before bedtime.  Razz  I usually read early morning.  I was up at 3:30 this morning.  Currently reading The Other Einstein.  Recommend Our Souls at Night.  Great story of an older couple, both widowed, finding companionship.  Really nice.  I think Robert Redford and Jane Fonda (think the young couple Barefoot in the Park) will play the couple in upcoming Netflix make of the book.  I think they will be perfect.   Maybe consider books on audio.

Seaoat, you need to know I always enjoy your banter on the forum. You've brought about fun things and aggravating things but your heart is always close at hand. Stick around a while, friend. Know you are thought of fondly by me.

Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum