Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Contaminated injections sickening and killing victims.

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

http://www.kpax.com/news/meningitis-outbreak-may-affect-more-than-23-states/

Meningitis outbreak may affect more than 23 states

(CBS News)- The Centers for Disease and Control and Prevention (CDC) and Food and Drug Administration (FDA) announced today they are advising medical professionals not to use any products manufactured by the New England Compounding Center in Framingham, Mass., due to an outbreak of fungal meningitis tied to some medications made by the company.

That's horrible. Out of the 35 cases, 71% of infected people are in Tennessee.

The World Health Organization estimates that worldwide there are 1.3 million deaths annually, mostly from transmission of Hepatitis B & C and AIDS. Of course, the vast majority of them are from reusing needles and syringes.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

I image those killed and sickened by the contamination and their families would agree that it's no big deal since it affects only one state mainly and hasn't killed but a couple people. Glad you put it in perspective in your feeble effort to defend a mostly indefensible industry that continues to wash it's hands of the destruction and ruination of thousands of lives.....I bet you think the only hope for our economy is to give the bankers more money and keep them out of jail because how will they clean up their mess if we jail them?

TEOTWAWKI wrote:I image those killed and sickened by the contamination and their families would agree that it's no big deal since it affects only one state mainly and hasn't killed but a couple people. Glad you put it in perspective in your feeble effort to defend a mostly indefensible industry that continues to wash it's hands of the destruction and ruination of thousands of lives.....I bet you think the only hope for our economy is to give the bankers more money and keep them out of jail because how will they clean up their mess if we jail them?

Screw you. I was agreeing with you, asshole. Don't put words in my mouth.

I brought up Tennessee because your scare tactics related to all things medical do not apply across the country in this instance. But Florida is one of those states that may have been shipped those needles, so people in Florida are not off the hook.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Yomama wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:I image those killed and sickened by the contamination and their families would agree that it's no big deal since it affects only one state mainly and hasn't killed but a couple people. Glad you put it in perspective in your feeble effort to defend a mostly indefensible industry that continues to wash it's hands of the destruction and ruination of thousands of lives.....I bet you think the only hope for our economy is to give the bankers more money and keep them out of jail because how will they clean up their mess if we jail them?

Screw you. I was agreeing with you, asshole. Don't put words in my mouth.

I brought up Tennessee because your scare tactics related to all things medical do not apply across the country in this instance. But Florida is one of those states that may have been shipped those needles, so people in Florida are not off the hook.

Well screw you back...Next time you use sarcasm but don't warn me. I read it again and it still seems like you are contrasting the relatively minor fungal infection to the much broader carelessness of reusing needles. I only responded to what I read. Since you were agreeing with me I will give you a plus. You have been defensive of the industry in the past.

TEOTWAWKI wrote:Since you were agreeing with me I will give you a plus. You have been defensive of the industry in the past.

Thanks for the plus, but the rating system sucks. If it was based upon the actual quality of posts, I might have a higher opinion of it. It just seems to be a tool for people to make war upon those posters that they don't like.

As far as sarcasm is concerned, I try to use Emoticons when I use sarcasm so that people don't get the wrong idea. It is easy to read something and get the wrong impression and I agree that I have been counter to many of your medical scare tactics. I will try to make it clearer when I oppose a person's viewpoint.

Florida has had two cases documented so far.

Those injections of methylprednisolone acetate can carry an agent that causes fungal meningitis. Dr. William Schaffner, chairman of the Department of Preventive Medicine at Vanderbilt University Medical Center, told CNN that fungal infections are not usually mild. He said when funguses invade small blood vessels they can cause them to clot or bleed, which can lead to symptoms of small strokes.

Other symptoms of meningitis to look out for are include fever, chills, new or worsening headache and stiff neck, said Schaffner.

On my last post, I realized that you had interpreted my post in the wrong light, so I used words I usually don't use... just so you knew my intent. Laughing

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Yomama wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:Since you were agreeing with me I will give you a plus. You have been defensive of the industry in the past.

Thanks for the plus, but the rating system sucks. If it was based upon the actual quality of posts, I might have a higher opinion of it. It just seems to be a tool for people to make war upon those posters that they don't like.

As far as sarcasm is concerned, I try to use Emoticons when I use sarcasm so that people don't get the wrong idea. It is easy to read something and get the wrong impression and I agree that I have been counter to many of your medical scare tactics. I will try to make it clearer when I oppose a person's viewpoint.

Florida has had two cases documented so far.

Those injections of methylprednisolone acetate can carry an agent that causes fungal meningitis. Dr. William Schaffner, chairman of the Department of Preventive Medicine at Vanderbilt University Medical Center, told CNN that fungal infections are not usually mild. He said when funguses invade small blood vessels they can cause them to clot or bleed, which can lead to symptoms of small strokes.

Other symptoms of meningitis to look out for are include fever, chills, new or worsening headache and stiff neck, said Schaffner.

On my last post, I realized that you had interpreted my post in the wrong light, so I used words I usually don't use... just so you knew my intent. Laughing

Listen Yomma I actually like you so i didn't take what you said to heart at all..And I promise no retaliatory Rick Rolls....

TEOTWAWKI wrote:Listen Yomma I actually like you so i didn't take what you said to heart at all..And I promise no retaliatory Rick Rolls....

And I respect your opinions, too, man. I don't have to agree with them, but you often offer an opinion that makes me think... and that's good.

its always concerning that things like this could be a easy target for terrorism

one little hater in the right spot could have maximum effect with a toilet water swab.

I try not to take injections of any kind if possible. and I cook my food very well

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum