Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Russia: The problem Trump can't escape

+8
Sal
Joanimaroni
VectorMan
PkrBum
RealLindaL
Floridatexan
dumpcare
knothead
12 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

knothead

knothead

http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/15/politics/trump-russia-issues/

From General Allen to Paul Manafort this story begs for more answers but it is like reading a Tom Clancy novel . . . .

dumpcare

Have we not seen in past administration's over many year's certain subject's that just won't go away no matter whatever party is in power, when they keep denying whatever it may be, turn out to be true? Nixon, Reagan, Clinton, Bush, Obama and now.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

ppaca wrote:Have we not seen in past administration's over many year's certain subject's that just won't go away no matter whatever party is in power, when they keep denying whatever it may be, turn out to be true?  Nixon, Reagan, Clinton, Bush, Obama and now.

You left out Ford and Bush I. Some of it was true; some of it was made up.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Here's a link to Russian influence in the election...from January...but it does address the extent:

http://www.newsweek.com/quora-question-how-was-russia-involved-election-539180

Meanwhile, the Russian Ambassador to the UN dropped dead at 64, and I think 6 other Russian officials have also died. One was led out of chambers with a bag over his head.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Nancy Pelosi has called for Sessions to resign, saying he lied under penalty of perjury.

RealLindaL

At least he's recused himself, but there needs to be an independent investigation -- even more now than before.

PkrBum

PkrBum

Was there an independent investigation over fast and furious?

PkrBum

PkrBum

The fast and furious gun running to criminal Mexican cartels was more egregious by far than this. Holder clearly lied, obfuscated, and obstructed. Obama also used illicit tactics... he first publicly stated that he nor the white house had ANY knowledge of or communications on the issue. Then to squash the investigation he claimed executive privilege. The scotus vacated that bs tactic... executive privilege can't be exerted if he had no knowledge. So which was it? We won't ever know... Holder threw himself on the grenade... and the key players in the atf and border patrol were promoted to the dc justice dept under holder. This was dirty shit... and the guns are still killing innocent civilians. So if you didn't demand transparency and accountability then... stfu. You suck at being an American.

RealLindaL

PkrBum wrote:Was there an independent investigation over fast and furious?

Listen, Pkr: your continual, mind-numbing, same-old same-old attempt to avoid acknowledging any and every wrong of the present by positing any  wrong of the past you perceive as similar -- is not only tiresome, but is entirely ineffective in convincing anyone of anything except that you don't want to analyze or discuss the actions of the current administration, and/or (more likely) have nothing to defend them with except to cite the past sins of others.  How are the sins of the past any excuse for those of the present, please tell me?  You can't, because THEY AREN'T.

And how far back do you want to go?  We could play tit for tat by looking back on each and every presidency from here to George Washington every time your chosen "side" is criticized.  It's eminently ridiculous, and proves absolutely nothing.  

I'm not the only one telling you this, Pkr.  Look - you can continue to dredge up the past every time there's a stumble in the present -- and it seems you're rather obsessively unable to control yourself in doing so, over and over and over-- but if you persist in this, you and your backward-looking, defensive posts will only become more and more irrelevant as the days and weeks wear on.  I, for one, and going to do my best to ignore them, since they contribute nothing useful or edifying to the current conversation.

VectorMan

VectorMan

RealLindaL wrote:
PkrBum wrote:Was there an independent investigation over fast and furious?

Listen, Pkr: your continual, mind-numbing, same-old same-old attempt to avoid acknowledging any and every wrong of the present by positing any  wrong of the past you perceive as similar -- is not only tiresome, but is entirely ineffective in convincing anyone of anything except that you don't want to analyze or discuss the actions of the current administration, and/or (more likely) have nothing to defend them with except to cite the past sins of others.  How are the sins of the past any excuse for those of the present, please tell me?  You can't, because THEY AREN'T.

And how far back do you want to go?  We could play tit for tat by looking back on each and every presidency from here to George Washington every time your chosen "side" is criticized.  It's eminently ridiculous, and proves absolutely nothing.  

I'm not the only one telling you this, Pkr.  Look - you can continue to dredge up the past every time there's a stumble in the present -- and it seems you're rather obsessively unable to control yourself in doing so, over and over and over-- but if you persist in this, you and your backward-looking, defensive posts will only become more and more irrelevant as the days and weeks wear on.  I, for one, and going to do my best to ignore them, since they contribute nothing useful or edifying to the current conversation.

Damn.....you sound like that SEAgoat guy. HAVE FUN! LOL

PkrBum

PkrBum

I can't stand sessions... I don't condone Russian interference in our politics. But you can't expect anything to be done when you only become engaged when it's the other team doing it. I'll continue to point it out.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

PkrBum wrote:I can't stand sessions... I don't condone Russian interference in our politics. But you can't expect anything to be done when you only become engaged when it's the other team doing it. I'll continue to point it out.

cheers

I nominate Merrick Garland special prosecutor.

RealLindaL

PkrBum wrote:I can't stand sessions... I don't condone Russian interference in our politics. But you can't expect anything to be done when you only become engaged when it's the other team doing it. I'll continue to point it out.

Then how come you've never, ever, "pointed it out" to, say, Joani, for instance? Hmm? Because you're NOT even-handed at all, that's why. You only levy your favorite criticism when it's THE OTHER TEAM DOING IT. If you could only see and admit that, and call out BOTH sides the same way on that point, you might have a tad more credibility.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

RealLindaL wrote:

Then how come you've never, ever, "pointed it out" to, say, Joani, for instance?  Hmm?  Because you're NOT even-handed at all, that's why.  You only levy your favorite criticism when it's THE OTHER TEAM DOING IT.  If you could only see and admit that, and call out BOTH sides the same way on that point, you might have a tad more credibility.

lol! lol! lol!

PkrBum

PkrBum

RealLindaL wrote:

Then how come you've never, ever, "pointed it out" to, say, Joani, for instance?  Hmm?  Because you're NOT even-handed at all, that's why.  You only levy your favorite criticism when it's THE OTHER TEAM DOING IT.  If you could only see and admit that, and call out BOTH sides the same way on that point, you might have a tad more credibility.

Read my first sentence... reread it... let it sink in for a minute.

Sal

Sal

PkrBum wrote:
RealLindaL wrote:

We know ...

... and, you didn't vote for Trump.

Hahahahahahahahaha ...

PkrBum

PkrBum

Sal wrote:
PkrBum wrote:
RealLindaL wrote:

We know ...

Hahahahahahahahaha ...

Leftist tears are delicious. Keep sobbing comrade.

Sal

Sal

PkrBum wrote:
Sal wrote:
PkrBum wrote:
RealLindaL wrote:

We know ...

Hahahahahahahahaha ...

Leftist tears are delicious. Keep sobbing comrade.

Pfffft ...

I'm not sobbing.

In fact, I've found the carnival of grift and incompetence we've witnessed these past 40 some-odd days highly entertaining.

And, I think we're probably just getting warmed up.

Welcome to the U.S.S.A. affraid

RealLindaL

PkrBum wrote:
RealLindaL wrote:

Wow, I hate to call you slow, but you just totally don't get it.  I'm talking about how you do NOT even-handedly apply your favorite criticism about OTHERS not being even-handed!!

So look, let me try one more time: How about, when a Repub or conservative calls out something a Dem or lib has done or said, how about your reminding that Repub person of something equivalent a Repub or con has done or said that equates and/or trumps and/or renders hypocritical whatever criticism has been levied against the Dem or lib? Hmm?  Why don't you ever do that, if you're so interested in everyone else's being absolutely fair and applying the exact same set of standards to everyone and everything??

Or aren't you in fact only criticizing Dems and/or liberals for not being fair?  (Which, of course, completely trashes your own "same standards" position, since there's virtually always a parallel comparison to be made on the other side, somewhere down the line even unto George Washington, as I previously indicated.)

GET IT?  If not, I give up -- carry on, I'm done trying.

I do, however, commend you for seeing through Sessions, but that's entirely  beside the point I've been trying to make.  Entirely.

PkrBum

PkrBum

I apply my principles and ethics across party lines. Each time a corrupt or perv pub gets thrown up here i condemn then immediately and completely... as long as there appears to be evidence or proof. I'm always glad to get tainted politicians out of govt. The next level of politician I like to see gone... and where we'll never agree... are those that use govt to enforce their subjective beliefs. Prohibitions... mandates... edicts... eo... even bills and laws. In that vein... and again where we'll never agree... I like to see govt scaled back in size and scope. So trump tearing down the epa, doe, irs... etc... I like. Sooo... we aren't going to agree politically very often... obviously.

What I don't see is y'all applying your ethics evenly. The same people that ran interference for the last admin (including Hillary) are NOW demanding investigation... accountability... transparency... etc. I'd like those things regardless of the party. Can you seriously say that you are even close to even handed? Really?

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

PkrBum wrote:I apply my principles and ethics across party lines. Each time a corrupt or perv pub gets thrown up here i condemn then immediately and completely... as long as there appears to be evidence or proof. I'm always glad to get tainted politicians out of govt. The next level of politician I like to see gone... and where we'll never agree... are those that use govt to enforce their subjective beliefs. Prohibitions... mandates... edicts... eo... even bills and laws. In that vein... and again where we'll never agree... I like to see govt scaled back in size and scope. So trump tearing down the epa, doe, irs... etc... I like. Sooo... we aren't going to agree politically very often... obviously.

What I don't see is y'all applying your ethics evenly. The same people that ran interference for the last admin (including Hillary) are NOW demanding investigation... accountability... transparency... etc. I'd like those things regardless of the party. Can you seriously say that you are even close to even handed? Really?

The truth has a liberal bias.

2seaoat

Damn.....you sound like that SEAgoat guy. HAVE FUN! LOL

Yep, blaming the black guy who did not start the program, and did not do anything wrong was propaganda at its best. That PK would use that as a counter to Russian interference in American elections is a classic, and to have vector crawl out of his perversity and make a comment......priceless. I like the logic that a President of a company, or the President of the United States is aware of a new filtering process in Peoria, or a drunk marshall who is transferring prisoners to court when ten died in an accident.....blaming the President only shows that some folks have either never worked in a corporate environment, or been involved in government, or that they are simply bigots.....in Vector's case surprise.....surprise......the ernst boy hates the black President.....have fun......Trump is your tool to chaos and Nirvana.......hide the kids.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/features/a-whos-who-of-the-trump-campaigns-russia-connections-w469977?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_content=daily&utm_campaign=030317_12

A Who's Who of the Trump Campaign's Russia Connections

Everything we know about the members of Trump's campaign who had contact with the Russian government

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum