Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Left or right, the USA is now out of control!

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

On the right, we hear horrible insults and threats, white Christian racism shouts, on the left, liberal students riot at Berkley to prevent Milo Yiannopoulos -- a white Christian racist -- from speaking his poisonous rhetoric. The problem is, both sides are no longer willing to debate anything, it's permanent shout time. It's all out war, and nobody is going to win.

By preventing the white racist from speaking at Berkley, the liberals are making it difficult for universities to invite speakers who represent the right for fear of riots.

It's where we are now as a country overtly divided. No more debate, it's time to draw knives.

And our new President, the Pussy Grabber with the dead rat on his head is doing nothing, nada, zip to tone down the rhetoric or the hatred, instead his tweets are adding fuel to the fire.

I don't see any light at the end of the tunnel, do you?

2seaoat

Until Bannon is out of the white house, America is in deep doo doo. Pence and Priebus are not going to try to destroy government, but Miller and Bannon better be on the losing end of the power battle with Trump's daughter and son in law. You get Bannon out, and I still have hope for entitlement reform, but Bannon wants to destroy government.....pure fascist tactics and he has made it to the White House.....God help us.

RealLindaL

Wordslinger wrote:on the left, liberal students riot at Berkley to prevent Milo Yiannopoulos -- a white Christian racist -- from speaking his poisonous rhetoric.

Not true.  The rioters were were NOT UCB students, but members of an outside radical anarchist agitator group.  

The university blamed "150 masked agitators" for the unrest, saying they had come to campus to disturb an otherwise peaceful protest.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/01/us/milo-yiannopoulos-berkeley/

Oh, please...   read a little history. Political polarization is practically a hallmark of the US's two party system, starting with the Jay treaty in 1795--you gotta love an era which produces the graffiti "Damn John Jay!, Damn Everyone who won't Damn John Jay!!, Damn Everyone who won't put lights in his windows and sit up all night damning John Jay!!!" and the remark "John Jay said he could find his way across the country by the light of the burning effigies". At least he had a good sense of humor about it all, something that does seem to be missing lately.

https://www.nps.gov/articles/backlash-against-jay-s-treaty.htm

Here's another article about the regular, periodic polarization of US politics, for those who care to read. There's also some nifty charts for those who prefer to just look at pictures:

https://newrepublic.com/article/119018/19th-century-map-shows-uss-politicial-polarization

Before the Civil War--polarization, anyone?--one senator caned another half to death ON THE FLOOR OF THE UNITED STATES SENATE!

During the Great Depression there were violent strikes and riots all over the country. Tom Watkins' "The Hungry Years" is good, non-fiction  book about that era.

The McCarthy era wasn't particularly violent but was equally intense. And who can forget the fun times of the Vietnam/Civil Rights era.

This is more like "Here we go again." than it is "Uh oh, this is the worst it's ever been."

Hey! That might make a good country song, I should write that down. Might even get some airplay here in Baja Alabama.

PkrBum

PkrBum

It's the same with the fake outrage over Conway... when Rhodes, Jarrett, Rice, Carney, Hillary, MSM... etc

never seemed to bother them a bit when pushing a false narrative.

PkrBum wrote:It's the same with the fake outrage over Conway... when Rhodes, Jarrett, Rice, Carney, Hillary, MSM... etc

Who's THEM? You sound like the loyal opposition is the enemy--the usual reactionary worldview.

Conway's a disgrace, nothing but a typical Republican liar and fantasist. Conservatives in this country are all crybabies, fear-mongering scaredy-cats and girly men. None of them will ever answer a simple yes-or-no question, they always vacillate and deflect. Jake Tapper finally called Conway on all her bullshit and tore her a new one, wiped that phony smile of hers right off her face.

Conservatives love nice black-and-white issues because they're too stupid to grasp or even acknowledge complexity. Look at the ratio of reactionaries to progressives in Silicon Valley, a region that rewards intellectual acuity.

The Blue states produce the greatest share of the GDP while the Red states do nothing but suck off the public teat. See below:

http://republic3-0.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/Givers-versus-takers-2012.png

PkrBum

PkrBum

I'm saying that the outrage is selective and fake. Either condemn it all... or stfu. Nice strawman tho.

PkrBum wrote:I'm saying that the outrage is selective and fake. Either condemn it all... or stfu. Nice strawman tho.

Perfectly typical reactionary response: either agree with me or STFU. The defense rests, your honor.

PkrBum

PkrBum

btraven wrote:
PkrBum wrote:I'm saying that the outrage is selective and fake. Either condemn it all... or stfu. Nice strawman tho.

Perfectly typical reactionary response: either agree with me or STFU. The defense rests, your honor.

That obviously isn't telling you to stfu. You take care now.

PkrBum wrote:That obviously isn't telling you to stfu. You take care now.

That's it, deny objective reality then run off like a typical reactionary girly man. Go home and put on your dress, sissy boy.

PkrBum

PkrBum

A call for objectivity and non-partisan reaction is apparently incomprehensible to you.

Carry on... we have nothing to discuss.

PkrBum wrote:

Carry on... we have nothing to discuss.

Run off, little boy, go cry to mommy on one of your right-wing crazy sites that a progressive was mean to you.

"Oh-boo-hoo-hoo, he was mean to me when I told him to STFU because he disagreed with me."

2seaoat

Rice did not lie. It was clear from the house committee that initial intelligence and subsequent intelligence had participants from the video protest involved in the violence. period. Conway is simply lying and knows she is lying over and over again, and changes the subject. Rice was a good person reporting on the intelligence. It is idiotic to create a narrative that the President was afraid that this would be associated with terrorism, when he announced the same immediately from the Rose Garden. The whole false narrative tells the whole story and comparing Rice to a propagandist is offensive to anybody who is not part of the propagandist. I heard what the President said in the Rose Garden that Sunday, and he communicated clearly it was a terrorist attack, and the only thing stupid and lacking intelligence is the idea that everybody in the country did not understand his speech.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

2seaoat wrote:Until Bannon is out of the white house, America is in deep doo doo.   Pence and Priebus are not going to try to destroy government, but Miller and Bannon better be on the losing end of the power battle with Trump's daughter and son in law.  You get Bannon out, and I still have hope for entitlement reform, but Bannon wants to destroy government.....pure fascist tactics and he has made it to the White House.....God help us.

Earth to Seaoat: TRUMP CHOSE BANNON. Even I have to discard my Pollyanna attitude when it's no longer working.

And please jump off the "entitlement" bandwagon. If you think it's a good idea to raise the retirement age to 70 and tie SS to some useless number, or cut benefits to people who have paid in to SS, or worse, privatize it, then you'll probably get your wish with this "administration". It's not just the one who shall not be named; it's YOUR PARTY...all the toadies who are pushing confirmation of people they KNOW aren't qualified, and policies they KNOW are completely counter to the good of the majority.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

PkrBum wrote:It's the same with the fake outrage over Conway... when Rhodes, Jarrett, Rice, Carney, Hillary, MSM... etc

Back in my childhood, I went to a lot of country dances. You will remember the Cotton Eyed Joe...what was that refrain? Oh, yeah...BULLSHIT.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum