Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Travel ban, protests, injunctions, twitter & demonstrations

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

As usual the news is flying at us as if it were being shot at us out of a water canon. As disconcerting as this is, things are starting to be sorted out.  As far as the travel ban is concerned, people are now being allowed to enter the country who previously had been banned. I see now that the Justice Department is filing an intent to appeal the injunction.

Two things about this are on my mind. One is a question: How do people in various cities find out about a planned demonstration? The news reports have said that tens of thousands have shown up with just 24 hours notice. Is this on twitter or Facebook or what?

Also, it seems as if the folks who are in support of Trump's call for a travel ban think these refugees or students or workers who are trying to get into the country or trying to re-enter in some cases, have not been vetted. They think there is just a flood of misc. terrorists trying to enter the country. I heard one report that there has not been one act of terrorism since 9-11 perpetrated by any refugees from any of the seven countries named in the president's ban.

Can anyone shed light on these things for me?

dumpcare

Must be social media and twitter this just popped up on my page for Escambia county news:

Join us to protest the destructive policies and promises of Matt Gaetz, the freshman Congressman from Florida's District 1. Gaetz has come out of the gate swinging with his ultra-conservative agenda in the first weeks of his term. He has just proposed a bill to abolish the EPA. He would create chaos and endanger our health, our air and water. Plan to join us on February 23, beginning at 11 am, at Grover T's BBQ, 5887 US-90 in Milton. Please read the details and share this event. Let's show Gaetz that we aren't going to take it. 2018 midterm elections are just around the corner!

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum