Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Trump Berates Then Hangs Up on Australian PM

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Sal

Sal

Good gawd ...

U.S. President Donald Trump's call with Australian Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull on Saturday did not go well despite Australia being a close U.S. ally, according to a report from the Washington Post.

U.S. officials told the Post that Trump informed Turnbull, a former Goldman Sachs investment banker, that he had conversed with other political leaders earlier in the day and that "this was the worst call by far." President Trump then terminated the call after a mere 25 minutes even though it had been scheduled for an hour, the Post stated.

Among the issues discussed was the Australian-U.S. refugee deal brokered by the Obama administration that involved the resettling of refugees on Manus Island and Nauru, the Post stated. The Trump administration later confirmed that it would receive 1,250 refugees from Australia but would apply "extreme vetting" to those seeking asylum.

Trump reportedly told Turnbull that the resettlement agreement "was the worst deal ever" when the latter attempted to secure confirmation that the U.S. would follow through with its promise.

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/02/01/trump-struggles-to-connect-with-pacific-ally-australia-in-call-with-pm-turnbull.html

dumpcare

Nope Trump ain't playing with a full deck.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

It seems to me that the WH staff (and I'm not sure who exactly this should be) needs to do a better job of preparing Trump for his communications with others. It almost sounds as if he were caught off guard by the information re the resettlement of refugees. I feel badly that the Prime minister of Australia was treated poorly and disrespected.

I heard a statement from him that was very gracious, just about how Trump had agreed to the arrangement set up by Obama, very diplomatic and not personal.

He is again starting to offend people who are our allies. Does he not know how to work with others?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum