Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sign the White House petition for Trump to release his tax returns

+4
Markle
Telstar
RealLindaL
Vikingwoman
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Vikingwoman

http://45petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/immediately-release-donald-trumps-full-tax-returns-all-information-needed-verify-emoluments-clause-compliance

RealLindaL

Sorry Viking, but I think that's a totally useless gesture. Enough signatures will require a response, yes, but anyone who thinks the response will be any different from what we've already gotten from this man is likely to be severely disappointed.

Telstar

Telstar

Sign the White House petition for Trump to release his tax returns Trump_40

Markle

Markle

Vikingwoman wrote:http://45petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/immediately-release-donald-trumps-full-tax-returns-all-information-needed-verify-emoluments-clause-compliance

You lost, we won.  Time to get over it and press on!

Please be specific. What has President Donald Trump done so far which is bad for our country?

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Markle wrote:
Vikingwoman wrote:http://45petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/immediately-release-donald-trumps-full-tax-returns-all-information-needed-verify-emoluments-clause-compliance

Please be specific.  What has President Donald Trump done so far which is bad for our country?

He's still breathing.

Markle

Markle

Wordslinger wrote:
Markle wrote:

Please be specific.  What has President Donald Trump done so far which is bad for our country?

He's still breathing.

So nothing. Me too. Thank you!

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

What's Trump done that's good for the country?

The crowd size controversy?
The imaginary 5 million illegal votes that Hillary got.
The Wall -- we will have to pay for it which means higher taxes.
Rebuilding the military -- with no scheduled way this is to be paid for.
Rebuilding the infrastructure -- again, no means to repay this scheduled 1 trillion dollar debt.
Torture --
Hell, I could go on and on, but what's the need? The Pussy Grabber's a fucking disaster.

FAKE OUTRAGE..!!

2seaoat

A President of the United States said out loud in Public that he wanted to impose a 20% tariff on the American people who would have to pay an enormous amount for goods, but even worse will be the massive loss of jobs from the component parts in our export industry which would have to lay off because of being priced out of the market. This is pure fascism where there is a total lack of understanding of how government works, but because Mexicans are mostly brown people they are being scapegoated just like the jew in Nazi Germany as being responsible for the loss of WWI, the Mexican who are great people who are contributing to what makes America great as hard working people. It is disgusting that these fascist David Duke policies have been rewarded by fools like those on this forum who think that anybody but the American people will be paying for the wall. Hitler built the autoban. Germans reached full employment and everything was good because finally the scapegoats were being addressed..........then there were forty million dead and every major German city decimated......yes a fascist dictatorship does not need to turn in tax returns, or worry about understanding how a democracy works. This is a major fail, and I guess the best I can hope for is that we at least get something like the autoban out of this disaster. Idiocy.

Markle

Markle

Wordslinger wrote:What's Trump done that's good for the country?

The crowd size controversy?
The imaginary 5 million illegal votes that Hillary got.
The Wall -- we will have to pay for it which means higher taxes.
Rebuilding the military -- with no scheduled way this is to be paid for.
Rebuilding the infrastructure -- again, no means to repay this scheduled 1 trillion dollar debt.
Torture --
Hell, I could go on and on, but what's the need?  The Pussy Grabber's a fucking disaster.

Have we paid for the wall yet? No. Come back in eight years and tell us that it has not been paid for, directly or otherwise, the wall. So, nothing.

Rebuilding military, desperately regardless of how it is paid. It is not unlike a car or house. Left to deteriorate "deferred maintenance" costs far more in the long run. Which we're seeing today.

Increasing our GDP to only 3% will pay for the infrastructure along with the wall.

Who has been tortured? You are one of the worst negotiators I've ever come across. One of the first rules is that you never take ANYTHING off the board and you NEVER, EVER say what you WILL NOT DO!

Obviously, our Petulant former President Obama never learned those two basic rules either. He was more than eager to ignore both which was a gift to all our enemies.

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:A President of the United States said out loud in Public that he wanted to impose a 20% tariff on the American people who would have to pay an enormous amount for goods, but even worse will be the massive loss of jobs from the component parts in our export industry which would have to lay off because of being priced out of the market.  This is pure fascism where there is a total lack of understanding of how government works, but because Mexicans are mostly brown people they are being scapegoated just like the jew in Nazi Germany as being responsible for the loss of WWI, the Mexican who are great people who are contributing to what makes America great as hard working people.  It is disgusting that these fascist David Duke policies have been rewarded by fools like those on this forum who think that anybody but the American people will be paying for the wall.  Hitler built the autoban.  Germans reached full employment and everything was good because finally the scapegoats were being addressed..........then there were forty million dead and every major German city decimated......yes a fascist dictatorship does not need to turn in tax returns, or worry about understanding how a democracy works.   This is a major fail, and I guess the best I can hope for is that we at least get something like the autoban out of this disaster.   Idiocy.

Welcome back Boardsoffll!

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

We do care about his tax returns. There's going to be another march on April 15th to let him know that too. That's the Saturday before Easter. BTW.

http://taxmarch.org

Vikingwoman

RealLindaL wrote:Sorry Viking, but I think that's a totally useless gesture.   Enough signatures will require a response, yes, but anyone who thinks the response will be any different from what we've already gotten from this man is likely to be severely disappointed.

Kellyann Conway says the American people don't care so let's see how many people do care. He may not release them but it's all the more reason to suspect he is hiding something.

Sal

Sal

He can't release them.

Sign the White House petition for Trump to release his tax returns CzU5IY3UUAA_qzJ

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Vikingwoman wrote:
RealLindaL wrote:Sorry Viking, but I think that's a totally useless gesture.   Enough signatures will require a response, yes, but anyone who thinks the response will be any different from what we've already gotten from this man is likely to be severely disappointed.

Kellyann Conway says the American people don't care so let's see how many people do care. He may not release them but it's all the more reason to suspect he is hiding something.

From the latest PPP polling (thanks for posting it Sal!):

-59% of voters think Trump needs to release his tax returns, to just 32% who don't think it's necessary for him to. In fact, 54% of voters would support a law requiring candidates for President to release 5 years of tax returns in order to appear on the ballot, to just 34% who would be opposed to putting that requirement in place.

RealLindaL

Vikingwoman wrote:

I don't disagree that he's hiding things.  I just think it's a wasted effort, since I can't see that anything will change.  We know for certain he won't furnish the returns.   And so what if it proves Kellyanne wrong?  What will that accomplish?  Make her stop lying for Trump?  Fat chance.  

OK so maybe it won't hurt anything, either -- other than perhaps somehow lessening the impact of the next petition on a more important matter, if there is one....especially since the petitioners on this one will likely end up looking pretty impotent, as they'll never prevail.  Know what I'm saying?

I do agree with those who say that showing a certain number of years' returns should be a requirement for any future candidate.  But of course it's not the law now, so it'll be a cold day in hell when Trump ever releases page one.

Markle

Markle

RealLindaL wrote:
Vikingwoman wrote:
RealLindaL wrote:Sorry Viking, but I think that's a totally useless gesture. Enough signatures will require a response, yes, but anyone who thinks the response will be any different from what we've already gotten from this man is likely to be severely disappointed.

I don't disagree that he's hiding things. I just think it's a wasted effort, since I can't see that anything will change. We know for certain he won't furnish the returns. And so what if it proves Kellyanne wrong? What will that accomplish? Make her stop lying for Trump? Fat chance.

OK so maybe it won't hurt anything, either -- other than perhaps somehow lessening the impact of the next petition on a more important matter, if there is one....especially since the petitioners on this one will likely end up looking pretty impotent, as they'll never prevail. Know what I'm saying?

I do agree with those who say that showing a certain number of years' returns should be a requirement for any future candidate.
But of course it's not the law now, so it'll be a cold day in hell when Trump ever releases page one.

Specifically, what would that accomplish?

A person decides they want to run for public office. So six years beforehand, he starts planning his tax returns for a good look down the road.

Specifically, what would that accomplish?

Oh, did you notice that when the Clinton, Hillary and Chelsea Foundation attracted serious financial scrutiny, they Clinton's immediately re-filed the past five years of their returns? Gee, imagine that!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum