Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

President elect Trump enters the Presidency with record low approval

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

2seaoat

Per ABC this morning he will enter office with forty percent approval which is record low approval. There is only one direction to go which is up. Entitlement reform which strengthens social security and medicare is a historical opportunity and could define his presidency like the ACA defined President Obama's Presidency. I personally have hope that aggressive penalties on manufacturers who export jobs, cuts in our military footprint, promised review of boondogle military projects, and hopefully an improved ACA. I cringe at the thought of more tax cuts for the wealthy and going backward on the advances in regard to the median income index. Health care inflation is the lowest in sixty years, and President Obama has left a healthy economy and stock market........something which was not left for him. America must move forward and now that the traitors and obstructionist do not have to worry about the black man getting credit for real progress, maybe we can now make some progress, and I hope the Democrats do not follow suit and obstruct.

Telstar

Telstar

2seaoat wrote:Per ABC this morning he will enter office with forty percent approval which is record low approval.  There is only one direction to go which is up.  Entitlement reform which strengthens social security and medicare is a historical opportunity and could define his presidency like the ACA defined President Obama's Presidency.   I personally have hope that aggressive penalties on manufacturers who export jobs, cuts in our military footprint, promised review of boondogle military projects, and hopefully an improved ACA.  I cringe at the thought of more tax cuts for the wealthy and going backward on the advances in regard to the median income index.   Health care inflation is the lowest in sixty years, and President Obama has left a healthy economy and stock market........something which was not left for him.  America must move forward and now that the traitors and obstructionist do not have to worry about the black man getting credit for real progress, maybe we can now make some progress, and I hope the Democrats do not follow suit and obstruct.

Hopefully his numbers are higher than head lice and cockroaches.

Are these the same pollsters who had Hillary up by 16 points at the end of October? Lol

Per ABC prior to the election: http://www.270towin.com/maps/abc-news-presidential-state-ratings

Telstar

Telstar

PkrBum wrote:Per ABC prior to the election: http://www.270towin.com/maps/abc-news-presidential-state-ratings

Polls can be wrong, so can a minority of the people but a majority of the people can correct that mistake by forcing Congress to impeach the stupid SOB, quicker than boiled asparagus.  Laughing

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

2seaoat wrote:Per ABC this morning he will enter office with forty percent approval which is record low approval.  There is only one direction to go which is up.  Entitlement reform which strengthens social security and medicare is a historical opportunity and could define his presidency like the ACA defined President Obama's Presidency.   I personally have hope that aggressive penalties on manufacturers who export jobs, cuts in our military footprint, promised review of boondogle military projects, and hopefully an improved ACA.  I cringe at the thought of more tax cuts for the wealthy and going backward on the advances in regard to the median income index.   Health care inflation is the lowest in sixty years, and President Obama has left a healthy economy and stock market........something which was not left for him.  America must move forward and now that the traitors and obstructionist do not have to worry about the black man getting credit for real progress, maybe we can now make some progress, and I hope the Democrats do not follow suit and obstruct.

I try to become optimistic about what his administration might accomplish. Then I see the news. He's been sending mixed messages about his policies so we don't know what he really wants to do. His cabinet choices often contradict his ideas; maybe this is the best we can hope for? He seems ill prepared and barely interested in meeting the challenge.

It is frightening to see him in front of an audience bragging about what a genius he is, how smart his cabinet is, how many counties he won in some state,  etc. (Of course there is NO mention of the popular vote; he won't ever mention that.  

The question is, can a narcissist be a good president? Can he keep the best interests of the country in mind? Unless we rename the country "The United States of Trump" I doubt it.

RealLindaL

Othershoe, as usual I'm afraid you're right on all counts.

The most hopeful thing I heard someone opine today on the radio -- and it's a helluva note that this is the best we may hope for -- is that Trump's narcissistic self won't want to get down and dirty in the details but will just like to bask in the glory and press the flesh and make speeches to loud applause -- SO, he will let his staff and cabinet actually do the work, run the show, and he will be a virtually impotent figurehead.   Again, helluva note, and not very comforting at that.

2seaoat

I think for six years we have been told that the ACA was a horrible bison and that the republicans had a better plan. It now appears that the new plan is a buffalo.......you just cannot make up the audacity of the lies. I happen to be hopeful that some good things can still be accomplished by bad people. Entitlement reform has no real roadblock and time is of the essence as we now have less than thirty years to where we will see only seventy percent of the benefits being paid. I also like his intensity on wanting to punish big corporations who steal our jobs and ship them over seas. Finally, the most important thing for me is to change our paradigm that huge standing armies exporting war was exactly the opposite of what our founding fathers warned us would undermine this great nation. It is time to have other nations pay their own defense bills, and it is time for MIC to quit making a huge profit on death and throwing America's wealth down the rabbit hole. We can be safe with a much smaller military.....much smaller.

RealLindaL wrote:Othershoe, as usual I'm afraid you're right on all counts.

Really? "barely interested in meeting the challenge."

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum