Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Minimum Wage Protesters Against Puzder Nomination Don’t Know Who He Is ### Shocking isn't it?

5 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

othershoe1030 wrote:
Markle wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:
PkrBum wrote:There's a very simple way to raise the minimum wage... education and work skills. Radical... I know.

Let's take one of Puzder's employees, a dishwasher at Hardees who is working for minimum wage.  One of thousands of similar workers employed at Carl's or Hardees.  The jobs their doing are currently human work situations of which robots (which Puzder favors) are not capable.  The dishwasher of this scenario is 22 and uneducated beyond high school level.  How do you propose we educate him so he would qualify for a more technically proficient job?  And, who then will wash the dishes?

Facts are, the minimum wage won't permit ANY of Puzder's employees to live above the poverty level.  And Puzder would be okay with lowering the minimum wage by doing away with it, he's already said so.  

Minimum Wage Protesters Against Puzder Nomination Don’t Know Who He Is ### Shocking isn't it? - Page 2 D0a87cfa-7b46-4ee5-b9ef-d56b488cf1e2_zpsad32dadn

Wild animals hunt their own food. good grief.

That's called bring self-sufficient. Very good.

Sal

Sal

Pkr has a problem with the concept of "society".

"Starving children are a great motivator."

Amirite??

Rolling Eyes

Yes... I'd do anything to provide for my children. Are you saying that you would just roll over and die?

Sal

Sal

PkrBum wrote:
Are you completely unaware as to how nature works? I think charity is a wonderful thing... but not the govt forcing citizens to redistribute their labors under the threat of confiscation and/or prison.

Charity is a wonderful thing.

It is also fraught with privilege and distributed very unevenly based on age, race, gender, and other circumstance.

Successful societies don't allow citizens not fortunate enough to be born on third base to starve in the streets.

Sal

Sal

PkrBum wrote:Yes... I'd do anything to provide for my children. Are you saying that you would just roll over and die?

My children and your children are very fortunate.

I don't think children, who through no fault of their own, don't share that good fortune should starve in the streets.

Successful societies don't allow that to happen.

I don't want children or disabled or the elderly to starve either. Nice red herring... lol.

There's zero reason to provide a subsistence lifestyle for a working age person... period.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

PkrBum wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:
Markle wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:
PkrBum wrote:There's a very simple way to raise the minimum wage... education and work skills. Radical... I know.

Let's take one of Puzder's employees, a dishwasher at Hardees who is working for minimum wage.  One of thousands of similar workers employed at Carl's or Hardees.  The jobs their doing are currently human work situations of which robots (which Puzder favors) are not capable.  The dishwasher of this scenario is 22 and uneducated beyond high school level.  How do you propose we educate him so he would qualify for a more technically proficient job?  And, who then will wash the dishes?

Facts are, the minimum wage won't permit ANY of Puzder's employees to live above the poverty level.  And Puzder would be okay with lowering the minimum wage by doing away with it, he's already said so.  

Minimum Wage Protesters Against Puzder Nomination Don’t Know Who He Is ### Shocking isn't it? - Page 2 D0a87cfa-7b46-4ee5-b9ef-d56b488cf1e2_zpsad32dadn

Wild animals hunt their own food. good grief.

That's called bring self-sufficient. Very good.

The POINT, which you have not recognized, is that wild animals live in an environment organized around hunting other creatures or grazing. This is the natural state of things. It is the way nature works.

Humans, on the other hand have created societies, which function on manmade systems. It is an artificial construct that can be manipulated and changed to suit the needs of society. The system needs to be set up in such a way that workers who work full time are able to live at least slightly above the poverty line. I don't think it is the fault of the workers that they need government help because they are not making enough to live on. It is the fault of the greedy employers for not paying them enough for their work.

If it weren't for low pay there would be no need for food stamps for full time workers. That's the cause, low pay is the problem not the "dependence" on government subsidies. 

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Pozder is not exactly a household name. Most people on the street can not tell you the name of this guy. The point is, however, that the protesters are marching against the idea of not raising the minimum wage regardless of who the nominee is. You are trying to discredit the protesters on a false and basically meaningless point, that they don't know the name of the person who is pointing a gun at their heads.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Markle wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:CNN just announced that Trump's favorability rating has dropped to 40%.  By contrast, Obama's favorability before his first inaguration was more than 80%.  G.W. Bush's was above 60.

Trump needs to tweet insult more of his opponents ... it's good for us!

Unlike you, I use the average at RealClearPolitics.

I acknowledge your desperation. Considering how your own favorability ranks in this forum, do you really think anyone gives a shit what poll you favor?

There are now more than 40 democratic legislators who join John Lewis's Point of View that Trump has been illegally elected, and who will not attend the inauguration of the Pussy Grabber with the dead rat on his head.

TIME Magazine 1 hour ago:

a Historic Low Before He Takes Office

Madeline Farber

9:25 AM ET
The least popular incoming president in at least four decades

Donald Trump doesn’t take office as President of the United States until Friday, but his approval ratings have already hit a historic low for incoming American presidents, according to new polls.

Trump’s current approval rating is 40%, the lowest of any recent incoming president, and about 44 points below that of President Obama, according to a CNN/ORC survey. And a Washington Post/ABC poll mirrors CNN’s findings: Trump will take office as the least popular incoming president in at least four decades, according to the survey.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Puzder may be out anyway...can't take the heat...or the 40-hr. work week.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/16/politics/andrew-andy-puzder-labor-trump/

Markle

Markle

Sal wrote:
PkrBum wrote:Yes... I'd do anything to provide for my children. Are you saying that you would just roll over and die?

My children and your children are very fortunate.

I don't think children, who through no fault of their own, don't share that good fortune should starve in the streets.

Successful societies don't allow that to happen.

Share with us, aside from money, what is the difference between a child raised below the poverty line and one raised above the property line?  My guess is that you have no clue meaning you have no solution.  Am I right?

Minimum Wage Protesters Against Puzder Nomination Don’t Know Who He Is ### Shocking isn't it? - Page 2 Minimum%20Wage_zpsfkyatctu

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum