Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Wife picked up whataburgers tonight

+3
Sal
Joanimaroni
2seaoat
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

2seaoat

Bob turned my wife and I onto whataburgers and I love their fries and their burger is simply a great burger. We try not to over do it because it is a treat for us. We unfortunately are in a time period this next week which limits our eating out, but I had a smile tonight enjoying my burger and thinking about how much I miss Bob.

2seaoat

My dog agrees.....the fries are great. She got piszed with me tonight for not sharing as many fries.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

2seaoat wrote:My dog agrees.....the fries are great.   She got piszed with me tonight for not sharing as many fries.
My dietary restrictions ended Whataburger.....but I still dream about the Patty Melt. Never could eat the whole thing.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

2seaoat wrote:Bob turned my wife and I onto whataburgers and I love their fries and their burger is simply a great burger.  We try not to over do it because it is a treat for us.  We unfortunately are in a time period this next week which limits our eating out, but I had a smile tonight enjoying my burger and thinking about how much I miss Bob.
As kids, we all went to the old Whataburger on Gregory St. It was a different building than now but the same location. You could get a giant coke.....looked like a 1/2 gallon size for 80 cents. A car load could share that one drink going to the beach to surf. 

You need to try the shakes.

2seaoat

I will do that next week when we visit it again. I love a good shake, and we are really happy because there is a whatburger near holly by the sea on our way back from the Gulf Breeze Lowes we can pick them up. I have to check the lot prices on Hidden Creek as a friend of mine paid cash 105k for a lot on the course during the boom and two weeks later the realtor called and told him she had an offer for 125k for his lot. I told him to take it, but he insisted that his dream for retirement was to live on a golf course. Well, they dropped in price by more than half, and both his kids and grandkids have now moved to California, and he is still holding on to the lot. I will check assessor's site and zillow to see where he is. He sold his condo in Navarre too late also, and really has been piszed at me when I sold at the top of the market. He is doing just fine financially, but is much more restrained in risk taking than we are, and his not taking a 20k profit in two weeks was insane for me to understand, but I will see what the appreciation has been. Holly by the sea always seemed like a nice place to retire, but we really do not want to be tied down to one location, but it would be closer to whataburger.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

2seaoat wrote:I will do that next week when we visit it again.  I love a good shake, and we are really happy because there is a whatburger near holly by the sea on our way back from the Gulf Breeze Lowes we can pick them up.   I have to check the lot prices on Hidden Creek as a friend of mine paid cash 105k for a lot on the course during the boom and two weeks later the realtor called and told him she had an offer for 125k for his lot.  I told him to take it, but he insisted that his dream for retirement was to live on a golf course.  Well, they dropped in price by more than half, and both his kids and grandkids have now moved to California, and he is still holding on to the lot.  I will check assessor's site and zillow to see where he is.   He sold his condo in Navarre too late also, and really has been piszed at me when I sold at the top of the market.  He is doing just fine financially, but is much more restrained in risk taking than we are, and his not taking a 20k profit in two weeks was insane for me to understand, but I will see what the appreciation has been.  Holly by the sea always seemed like a nice place to retire, but we really do not want to be tied down to one location, but it would be closer to whataburger.
  It is a nice area....but we are too connected to GB to move that far down the hwy.

2seaoat

The highest price for a lot is 70k in the last six years, and that represents 50k loss equity. I never could understand not walking away from a poker table or real estate transaction with a profit.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

2seaoat wrote:The highest price for a lot is 70k in the last six years, and that represents 50k loss equity.  I never could understand not walking away from a poker table or real estate transaction with a profit.
Go for a sure deal.....

When I drive down I always hit the first whataburger in Birmingham I think... I love them.

Sal

Sal

Had one in Tallahassee a few years ago.

It was good.

But, not Five Guys good.

2seaoat

But, not Five Guys good.

I am heading to south Florida in February, and would appreciate a link to locations in February. I will remind you. Is it a chain or just a Tampa spot?

Telstar

Telstar

Sal wrote:Had one in Tallahassee a few years ago.

It was good.

But, not Five Guys good.

Don't know from Whataburgers but Five Guys is great.

2seaoat

Don't know from Whataburgers but Five Guys is great.

Now you have peeked my interest, and I have really never gotten a bad food reference on this forum in 12 years.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Five Guys,  the burgers are good...but not as big as Whaterburger. If I had my choice it would be the Patty Melt.

knothead

knothead

One of my favorite things at Whataburger is the BOB (how appropriate) which is breakfast on a bun. We always stop on our way on a road trip at the Gregory store and my wife loves them as well . . . . yummy!

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

knothead wrote:One of my favorite things at Whataburger is the BOB (how appropriate) which is breakfast on a bun.  We always stop on our way on a road trip at the Gregory store and my wife loves them as well . . . . yummy!

Son in law brings a bag full for early morning soccer games.

Telstar

Telstar

2seaoat wrote:Don't know from Whataburgers but Five Guys is great.

Now you have peeked my interest, and I have really never gotten a bad food reference on this forum in 12 years.

I'm not knocking Whataburger because I never had one. Love the Five Guys burgers with the mountain of fries. The free peanuts remind me of a place called the Ground Round that closed up years ago. A new chain called Smashburger opened up a couple of years ago but I don't like the burgers, fries, service or anything about it. 

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Smashburger are near here.

Telstar

Telstar

Joanimaroni wrote:Smashburger are near here.

Don't waste your money.

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:Bob turned my wife and I onto whataburgers and I love their fries and their burger is simply a great burger. We try not to over do it because it is a treat for us. We unfortunately are in a time period this next week which limits our eating out, but I had a smile tonight enjoying my burger and thinking about how much I miss Bob.

I LOVE their hamburgers. I'm sure it's a pound of lard but they are so good. Everything, cheese and jalapeno peppers. Oh, and a large side of onion rings. I figure if I'm going to get heartburn, I'm going to enjoy the suffering.

My mouth is watering right now and I have one about a mile away open 24 hrs..

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Markle wrote:
2seaoat wrote:Bob turned my wife and I onto whataburgers and I love their fries and their burger is simply a great burger.  We try not to over do it because it is a treat for us.  We unfortunately are in a time period this next week which limits our eating out, but I had a smile tonight enjoying my burger and thinking about how much I miss Bob.

I LOVE their hamburgers.  I'm sure it's a pound of lard but they are so good.  Everything, cheese and jalapeno peppers.  Oh, and a large side of onion rings.  I figure if I'm going to get heartburn, I'm going to enjoy the suffering.

My mouth is watering right now and I have one about a mile away open 24 hrs..  
Jalapeños....the main reason I started eating Whatburgers. They also used salsa a jalapeños on a breakfast sandwich. ....I think it was Rancho something...egg, cheeses, salsa and jalapeños on a bun.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

The original Whataburger is in Corpus Christi, TX, near where I grew up. My dad always got Whataburgers for us kids when my parents hosted bridge night. And my brother worked for them for years as a trainer in the home office.

Sal

Sal

2seaoat wrote:But, not Five Guys good.

I am heading to south Florida in February, and would appreciate a link to locations in February.  I will remind you.  Is it a chain or just a Tampa spot?

It's a chain, but they make a damn fine burger.

Be sure to eat at the location, they're best fresh off the grill.

Pro tip: Go with one regular size order of fries - it'll be enough to feed a family of four. If you order a large size, you may need a wheelbarrow.

Telstar

Telstar

Sal wrote:
2seaoat wrote:But, not Five Guys good.

I am heading to south Florida in February, and would appreciate a link to locations in February.  I will remind you.  Is it a chain or just a Tampa spot?

It's a chain, but they make a damn fine burger.

Be sure to eat at the location, they're best fresh off the grill.

Pro tip:  Go with one regular size order of fries - it'll be enough to feed a family of four.  If you order a large size, you may need a wheelbarrow.

Nice to know they are generous with fries their too. Do they give out the free peanuts?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum