Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Beach Restaurants

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Beach Restaurants  Empty Beach Restaurants 1/8/2017, 3:05 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

We stayed on the Beach for the New Year weekend....excellent food at Hemingway's and of course Peg Leg's. 

Peg Leg's grilled grouper and shrimp is my new favorite.

2Beach Restaurants  Empty Re: Beach Restaurants 1/18/2017, 3:46 am

RealLindaL

Don't know about the combo of grouper and shrimp (is it a combo plate?) but have said before and likely will again that the Grilled Gulf Shrimp at Pegleg's is beyond compare. I usually order "light on the seasonings" and pick sides different from those it's supposedly "served with." Yum -- best, most tender and moist jumbo shrimp I've ever had and I could eat it once a week or more, if I could afford to (and if we could get in the place once a week in Spring and Summer, a virtual impossibility without looooong waits. Smile

3Beach Restaurants  Empty Re: Beach Restaurants 1/18/2017, 3:48 am

RealLindaL

I'm also really hoping that Chef Eric returns to Margaritaville if/when they reopen as such in the Spring. Simply outstanding cuisine, and great specials. Food there was horrible their first few years but it's been like night and day. Hope they don't screw it up.

4Beach Restaurants  Empty Re: Beach Restaurants 1/19/2017, 2:56 am

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

RealLindaL wrote:Don't know about the combo of grouper and shrimp (is it a combo plate?) but have said before and likely will again that the Grilled Gulf Shrimp at Pegleg's is beyond compare.  I usually order "light on the seasonings" and pick sides different from those it's supposedly "served with."   Yum -- best, most tender and moist jumbo shrimp I've ever had and I could eat it once a week or more, if I could afford to (and if we could get in the place once a week in Spring and Summer, a virtual impossibility without looooong waits.   Smile

Mixed Grill  Large shrimp paired with fresh Gulf grouper and large sea scallops.  Basted and chargrilled.  Served with rice pilaf, sugar snap peas, garlic toast, and sides of dill sauce and garlic butter.  21.95

I don't care for scallops so I get a larger portion of grouper and shrimp. It is listed on the Gluten Free menu served with new potatoes and a vegetable.

11:00 AM or around 4:00 PM are good times to go.

5Beach Restaurants  Empty Re: Beach Restaurants 1/19/2017, 6:31 pm

RealLindaL

Joanimaroni wrote:
RealLindaL wrote:Don't know about the combo of grouper and shrimp (is it a combo plate?) but have said before and likely will again that the Grilled Gulf Shrimp at Pegleg's is beyond compare.  I usually order "light on the seasonings" and pick sides different from those it's supposedly "served with."   Yum -- best, most tender and moist jumbo shrimp I've ever had and I could eat it once a week or more, if I could afford to (and if we could get in the place once a week in Spring and Summer, a virtual impossibility without looooong waits.   Smile

Mixed Grill  Large shrimp paired with fresh Gulf grouper and large sea scallops.  Basted and chargrilled.  Served with rice pilaf, sugar snap peas, garlic toast, and sides of dill sauce and garlic butter.  21.95

I don't care for scallops so I get a larger portion of grouper and shrimp. It is listed on the Gluten Free menu served with new potatoes and a vegetable.

We don't do lunch out, and of course we could get in for dinner at 4 p.m., but who wants to?? Not I.

OK, good to know you can skip the scallops on the combo plate (I'm allergic to all mollusks), but I still might have trouble giving up any of my grilled shrimp in favor of grouper. Will think about it.

I always order the shrimp with new potatoes and either broccoli or sugar snaps, and it, too, comes with Texas garlic toast plus ramekins of melted butter and their excellent tartar sauce.

6Beach Restaurants  Empty Re: Beach Restaurants 1/19/2017, 6:33 pm

RealLindaL

And we always, always start with a cup of Pegleg's fish chowder, no matter the temperature outside. It's just too good to pass up.

7Beach Restaurants  Empty Re: Beach Restaurants 1/19/2017, 8:29 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

RealLindaL wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:

We don't do lunch out, and of course we could get in for dinner at 4 p.m., but who wants to??  Not I.

OK, good to know you can skip the scallops on the combo plate (I'm allergic to all mollusks), but I still might have trouble giving up any of my grilled shrimp in favor of grouper.  Will think about it.  

I always order the shrimp with new potatoes and either broccoli or sugar snaps, and it, too, comes with Texas garlic toast plus ramekins of melted butter and their excellent tartar sauce.

I love shrimp....try the grouper with the shtimp. My favorite was always fried shrimp and oysters with Oyster Parmesan appetizer....now I eat gluten free.

8Beach Restaurants  Empty Re: Beach Restaurants 1/21/2017, 4:10 am

RealLindaL

Joanimaroni wrote:My favorite was always fried shrimp and oysters with Oyster Parmesan appetizer....now I eat gluten free.

I understand that gluten free is a necessity for you now, but nevertheless admire your will power in sticking to it. Thought of you with a little sadness Thursday when buying a loaf of that multigrain Publix bread you recommended (though I bought the whole wheat version). Forgot the actual name of it and too lazy to go look in the freezer.

As for oysters, loved them until until about age 12 when, as mentioned above, I developed a mollusk allergy. Any bivalve (oysters, clams, scallops, etc.) causes violent G.I. distress. Sad.

9Beach Restaurants  Empty Re: Beach Restaurants 1/21/2017, 11:21 am

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

RealLindaL wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:My favorite was always fried shrimp and oysters with Oyster Parmesan appetizer....now I eat gluten free.

I understand that gluten free is a necessity for you now, but nevertheless admire your will power in sticking to it.  Thought of you with a little sadness Thursday when buying a loaf of that multigrain Publix bread you recommended (though I bought the whole wheat version).   Forgot the actual name of it and too lazy to go look in the freezer.

As for oysters, loved them until until about age 12 when, as mentioned above, I developed a mollusk allergy.  Any bivalve (oysters, clams, scallops, etc.) causes violent G.I. distress.   Sad.  
Italian 5 Grain bread. 

I understand the allergy and GI distress. Thankfully mine is very upsetting but not violent, yet.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum