Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Dear Liberals

+2
Markle
Wordslinger
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Dear Liberals Empty Dear Liberals 12/20/2016, 2:14 pm

Feeling a little confused today. I have just read where obama has granted pardons and commutations of sentences for 231 people today-the largest number on a single day. It brings his total number of pardons/commutations to 1,176 while in office, easily the largest number of any president in recent history. You have to go back to LBJ to find a higher number (1,187), and at the rate he's going obama will probably beat that before leaving office (probably his goal and part of his legacy).
Most were sentences for serious drug related crimes such as manufacturing and distribution.

Many of these involved the possession or use of a firearm, and a significant number of those were previously convicted felons in possession of those firearms, meaning that act alone was a crime.

So here's the part that has me confused. For the last eight years we've been hearing from obama and his minions about how gun are evil, guns are dangerous, how you don't need a 30 clip magazine to go deer hunting, how we're trying to "keep the children safe" by attempting to enact gun control, blah, blah, blah. But then this same obama turns around an lets these people back on the street who have demonstrated the willingness to use or possess guns in the commission of serious crimes.

I know that my mostly deplorable conservative friends will see this situation the same as I. But I am really interested in hearing how my liberal left leaning friends who have been bashing and whining about the election of Donald Trump, and who have staunchly defended obama for the last eight years view this. I can't wait to hear all about how these gun toting pardoned and commuted felons have been "rehabilitated" and have turned over a new leaf. How do you feel about having one of these newly rehabilitated move in next door?

2Dear Liberals Empty Re: Dear Liberals 12/21/2016, 7:52 am

A while back I advised Hillary fans that we felt the same way during the Obama years... and the feeling doesn't go away.
Now I want to say... "remember how happy you were that Obama went around Congress and just used Executive Orders?"
Well, he established a precedent the nation had never seen before, thinking Hillary would be next and could carry on usurping Congress herself. 
Oops. Guess who inherits that power?
Get used to it. It's a horrible feeling.

3Dear Liberals Empty Re: Dear Liberals 12/21/2016, 8:50 am

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Tellthetruth wrote:A while back I advised Hillary fans that we felt the same way during the Obama years... and the feeling doesn't go away.
Now I want to say... "remember how happy you were that Obama went around Congress and just used Executive Orders?"
Well, he established a precedent the nation had never seen before, thinking Hillary would be next and could carry on usurping Congress herself. 

Don't sweat it. You conservatives have taught us how to make obstructionism really work. Now it's our turn. Thanks for teaching us how to jam up EVERYTHING the Pussy Grabber with the dead rat on his head is going to try to get through congress. Reality.

4Dear Liberals Empty Re: Dear Liberals 12/21/2016, 10:11 am

It's OK, Harry Reid showed us how to use the nuclear option. Just wait for it.....it's coming...

5Dear Liberals Empty Re: Dear Liberals 12/21/2016, 10:38 am

Reid changed the rules... which will apply for every appointee except scotus. Obama also expanded precedent for executive powers... going so far extra constitutional that some of his "pen and phone" actions were deemed overreach. We heard trump promise to limit govt... he'd do well to check his office too.

6Dear Liberals Empty Re: Dear Liberals 12/21/2016, 12:59 pm

Markle

Markle

Wordslinger wrote:
Tellthetruth wrote:A while back I advised Hillary fans that we felt the same way during the Obama years... and the feeling doesn't go away.

Don't sweat it.  You conservatives have taught us how to make obstructionism really work.  Now it's our turn.   Thanks for teaching us how to jam up EVERYTHING the Pussy Grabber with the dead rat on his head is going to try to get through congress.   Reality.

The problem is my good friend that other than the first two years when Democrats had a slim majority and crammed Obamacare up our...throats. Following that, Republicans controlled the House and Senate.

Today Republicans control the House and Senate and good ol' Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi changed rules and showed us how to use the nuclear option. Thank you.

7Dear Liberals Empty Re: Dear Liberals 12/21/2016, 4:21 pm

Sal

Sal

Tellthetruth wrote:Feeling a little confused today.

Today??

Hate to break it to ya, dimwit ...

... but, you're confused everyday, 24/7.

The people to whom you refer were all convicted of nonviolent drug crimes.

Does that clear things up for ya?

I didn't think so.

8Dear Liberals Empty Re: Dear Liberals 12/21/2016, 4:28 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Sal wrote:

Today??

I didn't think so.

Non violent drug charges and gun charges. It is illegal for a convicted felon to possess a gun. Remember the gun laws?

9Dear Liberals Empty Re: Dear Liberals 12/21/2016, 4:52 pm

Joanimaroni wrote:
Sal wrote:

Today??

I didn't think so.

Non violent drug charges and gun charges. It is illegal for a convicted felon to possess a gun. Remember the gun laws?

Their outrage is conditional... just like their ethics, morals... etc.

10Dear Liberals Empty Re: Dear Liberals 12/21/2016, 5:39 pm

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Try and keep up. Those who were released are convicted felons who may not legally possess a firearm. If they're caught with one, it's back to the slammer. None, I repeat NONE, were convicted of violent crimes.

What in hell are you afraid of?

11Dear Liberals Empty Re: Dear Liberals 12/21/2016, 6:13 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Wordslinger wrote:Try and keep up.  Those who were released are convicted felons who may not legally possess a firearm.  If they're caught with one, it's back to the slammer.   None, I repeat NONE, were convicted of violent crimes.

Who is afraid? I don't see a problem giving a pardon to non-violent drug offenders. I do have a problem with releasing previous convicted felons that were armed at the time of arrest.

12Dear Liberals Empty Re: Dear Liberals 12/21/2016, 9:57 pm

Markle

Markle

Wordslinger wrote:Try and keep up.  Those who were released are convicted felons who may not legally possess a firearm.  If they're caught with one, it's back to the slammer.   None, I repeat NONE, were convicted of violent crimes.

Saying a drug dealer is a non-violent crime is an oxymoron.

13Dear Liberals Empty Re: Dear Liberals 12/21/2016, 11:12 pm

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Markle wrote:

Explain, if you can.

14Dear Liberals Empty Re: Dear Liberals 12/23/2016, 3:15 am

Markle

Markle

Wordslinger wrote:
Markle wrote:

Explain, if you can.

You need that explained?  Really?  I must have been wrong about you. You claim to have written a book, I assumed you could read too...and comprehend.

So in your view, drug dealers are sweet innocent characters who are benevolently filling a market.

15Dear Liberals Empty Re: Dear Liberals 12/23/2016, 6:28 am

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Markle wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:
Markle wrote:

Explain, if you can.

You need that explained?  Really?  I must have been wrong about you.  You claim to have written a book, I assumed you could read too...and comprehend.

So in your view, drug dealers are sweet innocent characters who are benevolently filling a market.

Many drug dealers, as you well know, have become dealers to support their own addictions. When one is convicted and has served years of his sentence and demonstrates he or she has changed considerably, commuting their sentence makes sense ... and cents. It costs a fortune to maintain prisoners in our prison system, as you well know. The current laws demand much longer sentences than would be suitable when a dealer is found guilty of selling drugs -- even when the individual has demonstrated a history of non-violence.

The truth is, you have no tolerance or compassion, most likely because you're a bully. You continually demonstrate with your horrific writings in this forum, your advocacy of continued punishment for all criminals even after they've served their sentences.

Markle, the truth is you're a hateful creep. Reality.

16Dear Liberals Empty Re: Dear Liberals 12/23/2016, 7:57 am

Markle

Markle

Wordslinger wrote:
Markle wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:
Markle wrote:

Explain, if you can.

You need that explained?  Really?  I must have been wrong about you.  You claim to have written a book, I assumed you could read too...and comprehend.

Many drug dealers, as you well know, have become dealers to support their own addictions.  When one is convicted and has served years of his sentence and demonstrates he or she has changed considerably, commuting their sentence makes sense ... and cents.  It costs a fortune to maintain prisoners in our prison system, as you well know.  The current laws demand much longer sentences than would be suitable when a dealer is found guilty of selling drugs -- even when the individual has demonstrated a history of non-violence.

The truth is, you have no tolerance or compassion, most likely because you're a bully.  You continually demonstrate with your horrific writings in this forum, your advocacy of continued punishment for all criminals even after they've served their sentences.  

Markle, the truth is you're a hateful creep.  Reality.

Curious, I'm a hateful creep....  I'm sorry you feel that way.  In spite of your radical beliefs, I don't think you're hateful, just misinformed.

Again you have made a statement you cannot support. You state that I advocate continued punishment for all criminals even after they have served their sentences. Show us. Show us where I made that statement. You can't.

How many of those criminals who have had their sentences commuted or have been pardoned have long rap sheets? Most? All?

Crime has been on a downward trend for several decades. You and other Progressives want to reverse those trends. Why?

You don't see it, I'm sure.  I'm not the bully, you and the others try to stuff lies down our throats and then you are angry when you are asked to confirm your information.  Then, instead of manning up, you get angry with me.

That's fine, I'm a big guy, broad shoulders and I can take it without trying to get you, or anyone else banned. In fact, I welcome your, and everyone else's challenges. It keeps me sharp.

I hope you take a deep breath and stop taking this so seriously.

Last edited by Markle on 12/23/2016, 8:41 am; edited 1 time in total

17Dear Liberals Empty Re: Dear Liberals 12/23/2016, 8:36 am

Telstar

Telstar

Markle wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:
Markle wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:
Markle wrote:

Explain, if you can.

Many drug dealers, as you well know, have become dealers to support their own addictions.  When one is convicted and has served years of his sentence and demonstrates he or she has changed considerably, commuting their sentence makes sense ... and cents.  It costs a fortune to maintain prisoners in our prison system, as you well know.  The current laws demand much longer sentences than would be suitable when a dealer is found guilty of selling drugs -- even when the individual has demonstrated a history of non-violence.

The truth is, you have no tolerance or compassion, most likely because you're a bully.  You continually demonstrate with your horrific writings in this forum, your advocacy of continued punishment for all criminals even after they've served their sentences.  

Thank you for conceding that I am right.

Curious, I'm a hateful creep....  I'm sorry you feel that way.  In spite of your radical beliefs, I don't think you're hateful, just misinformed.

You don't see it, I'm sure.  I'm not the bully, you and the others try to stuff lies down our throats and then you are angry when you are asked to confirm your information.  Then, instead of manning up, you get angry with me.

I'm sorry you and some of the others feel as you do.

Dear Liberals Markle17

18Dear Liberals Empty Re: Dear Liberals 12/23/2016, 1:13 pm

polecat

polecat

28 more days to Blame Obama and times' a-wastin'!

19Dear Liberals Empty Re: Dear Liberals 12/23/2016, 2:01 pm

Why won't Obama bear blame for Trump's full term+ like bush2?

20Dear Liberals Empty Re: Dear Liberals 12/23/2016, 2:08 pm

Markle

Markle

polecat wrote:28 more days to Blame Obama and times' a-wastin'!

Nonsense.

Why would Republicans and Conservatives change the tradition laid down by Lame Duck President Barack Hussein Obama?

We have President Obama to blame for EIGHT YEARS!

21Dear Liberals Empty Re: Dear Liberals 12/24/2016, 10:06 am

Wordslinger wrote:
Markle wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:
Markle wrote:

Explain, if you can.

wrong .... Most dealers don't do the product they sell

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum