Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Imagine, Wordslinger says Trump is doing something RIGHT!

+4
Telstar
Markle
ZVUGKTUBM
Wordslinger
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Fair is fair. Trump's interest in Rex Tillerson for SOS is making very good sense.

Consider: Our biggest potential international opponents are: China, Pakistan, Russia and North Korea. All have nuclear weapons -- i.e. -- the potential to ignite a conflict after which cockroaches and fire ants will be the most powerful species left alive.

For real, Putin is loved in Russia by most of his people. He is loved by his family, a good husband and a good father. He is absolutely loyal to his friends and has a strong sense of morals. Read his auto-biography, I have. For better or worse, he appears absolutely dedicated to protecting and embellishing his country. Is he a tough, no-nonsense political opponent? Absolutely, and 100 times more clever at his job than those who are running Pakistan (at the moment) or the fat-assed Dear Leader of N. Korea.

While our conventional hard-nosed Conservative foreign policy experts, like John Bolton (we need to bomb everyone tomorrow morning), John McCain ("Putin's a thug and a murderer!), or Mitt Romney -- "Russia is our greatest geopolitical enemy ..." all heartily complain about Trump's obvious offering of an olive-leafed ring to Putin, anyone with real political sense understands exactly what Trump's attempting to do. And applauding. Like me.

If Trump succeeds in building an alliance with Russia, China's influence takes a nosedive. Politically isolated and faced by two big powers, China has to tow the line or commit suicide. And with Russia's friendship, the situation of the whacko Mid-East changes dramatically.

I enlisted in the USAF in August, 1954 and served till 1958, and during that segment of my life, I and all the other troops of America's military arm faced the Soviets at the worst, most fragile time of early nuclear diplomacy. And unlike any of you who are reading this, I witnessed several nuclear tests from a mountaintop some 38 miles from ground zero at the Mercury test center in Nevada. I would have no qualms about slowly removing the living skin of Mr. Bolton or any right wing full-bore whacko who is ready to engage us in MAD.

So, regarding Trump's pick of Rex Tillerson -- a business leader who is already on good terms with Russian governmental and business leaders, is GOOD NEWS.

As for the rest of Trump's choices to serve in his cabinet, they couldn't be worse. Gen. Kelly is a liar, a bigot, and a terrible racist. Choosing a climate denier and pro-oil businessman for EPA guarantees more churning hatred and distrust for everything republican by the next generation of white folk. Like I said here, other than Tillerson, Trump's choices so far perfectly conform to putting a fox in every hen house!

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

I too hope for an easing of tensions with Russia. I entered the military in the 1970s to help defend my country from the Russian Bear. Except, our government at the height of the Cold War greatly embellished the threat that the USSR actually posed.

Had John F. Kennedy not been assassinated, and had Nikita Khrushchev not been removed and replaced by Soviet hardliners after the Cuban Missile Crisis (we put missiles first in Turkey and also in England), there was a chance that the Cold War might have ended by the late 1960s.

And I agree that John Bolton is a horrible choice for any position in the government that influences foreign policy. He is a fire-breathing Neocon, and those folks failed the Bush II administration terribly. They need to be ignored, if not repudiated.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

There needs to be a dismantling of the bases around the world. Imagine the savings that could fund a much smaller and smarter military. We don't need an enormous standing army or the monstrosity at the Pentagon. Every contractor should be fired immediately... there's no reason why privates with aptitude couldn't do those jobs. Like every other govt apparatus it grows unchecked... that must end if we are to turn this bloated beast around.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

PkrBum wrote:There needs to be a dismantling of the bases around the world. Imagine the savings that could fund a much smaller and smarter military. We don't need an enormous standing army or the monstrosity at the Pentagon. Every contractor should be fired immediately... there's no reason why privates with aptitude couldn't do those jobs. Like every other govt apparatus it grows unchecked... that must end if we are to turn this bloated beast around.

I must be doing something wrong -- you and I are in full agreement on this!

Wordslinger wrote:
PkrBum wrote:There needs to be a dismantling of the bases around the world. Imagine the savings that could fund a much smaller and smarter military. We don't need an enormous standing army or the monstrosity at the Pentagon. Every contractor should be fired immediately... there's no reason why privates with aptitude couldn't do those jobs. Like every other govt apparatus it grows unchecked... that must end if we are to turn this bloated beast around.

That'll end given my position that entitlements should go under the hatchet too. There's no reason that a healthy adult should be given a handout... period. Even the disability ss needs a complete review.

I still haven't heard a balanced budget Amendment... which irks me. The govt should run on receipts only.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

PkrBum wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:

That'll end given my position that entitlements should go under the hatchet too. There's no reason that a healthy adult should be given a handout... period. Even the disability ss needs a complete review.

I still haven't heard a balanced budget Amendment... which irks me. The govt should run on receipts only.

Come on ... I'm changing bit by bit. I no longer advocate hanging everyone who earns more than $1million per year. But I do endorse the idea that everything they earn over $1million should go to cutting college costs and making sure every American has access to free healthcare.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Wordslinger wrote:

I am also in agreement with you and Pkrbm. We do not need a bigger military; we need to stop meddling in world affairs everywhere.

Markle

Markle

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:I too hope for an easing of tensions with Russia. I entered the military in the 1970s to help defend my country from the Russian Bear. Except, our government at the height of the Cold War greatly embellished the threat that the USSR actually posed.

Had John F. Kennedy not been assassinated, and had Nikita Khrushchev not been removed and replaced by Soviet hardliners after the Cuban Missile Crisis (we put missiles first in Turkey and also in England), there was a chance that the Cold War might have ended by the late 1960s.

And I agree that John Bolton is a horrible choice for any position in the government that influences foreign policy. He is a fire-breathing Neocon, and those folks failed the Bush II administration terribly. They need to be ignored, if not repudiated.

The good news is that John Bolton will be the Deputy Secretary of State which will make for a Dynamic Duo in the State Department.

Markle

Markle

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:

I am also in agreement with you and Pkrbm. We do not need a bigger military; we need to stop meddling in world affairs everywhere.

Your ignorance on the subject is well known.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Markle wrote:
ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:

I care not about your vapid opinions, so there!

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Markle wrote:
ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:

Don't argue with Markle about ignorance. That's a subject of which he is superbly qualified. LOL

Markle

Markle

Wordslinger wrote:
Markle wrote:
ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:

Don't argue with Markle about ignorance.  That's a subject of which he is superbly qualified.  LOL

Imagine, Wordslinger says Trump is doing something RIGHT! AnimatedLaughterPink

Telstar

Telstar

Markle wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:
Markle wrote:
ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:

Don't argue with Markle about ignorance.  That's a subject of which he is superbly qualified.  LOL

Imagine, Wordslinger says Trump is doing something RIGHT! AnimatedLaughterPink

https://pensacoladiscussion.forumotion.com/t24221-a-proposition

Sal

Sal

Wordslinger wrote:
So, regarding Trump's pick of Rex Tillerson -- a business leader who is already on good terms with Russian governmental and business leaders, is GOOD NEWS.  

This is only good news if you cheer America's slide into oligarchy and the continued destruction of the environment.

Tillerson was hand-picked by Putin for one reason - OIL.

Specifically, arctic shelf oil.

Arctic shelf oil that Exxon Mobil has been salivating over for a long, long time.

Arctic shelf oil that Exxon Mobil has been prevented from tapping due to sanctions levied against Russia in response to their aggression in Ukraine.

Sanctions that have cost Exxon Mobil literally billions.

What are the chances that the Trump administration will lift those sanctions enriching Putin, enriching Tillerson, and enriching Trump at the expense of Ukraine, our allies in the region, and the planet?

This isn't just a bad pick, it's a treasonous pick.

Markle

Markle

Sal wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:

This is only good news if you cheer America's slide into oligarchy and the continued destruction of the environment.

Tillerson was hand-picked by Putin for one reason - OIL.

Specifically, arctic shelf oil.

Arctic shelf oil that Exxon Mobil has been salivating over for a long, long time.

Arctic shelf oil that Exxon Mobil has been prevented from tapping due to sanctions levied against Russia in response to their aggression in Ukraine.

Sanctions that have cost Exxon Mobil literally billions.

What are the chances that the Trump administration will lift those sanctions enriching Putin, enriching Tillerson, and enriching Trump at the expense of Ukraine, our allies in the region, and the planet?

This isn't just a bad pick, it's a treasonous pick.

Imagine, Wordslinger says Trump is doing something RIGHT! HystericallyLaughingmanandboy

Please show us the source and link stating that Exxon Mobil (I'm a stockholder) cannot drill on our land or territorial water for oil BECAUSE of sanctions against Russia.

Thank you.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Markle wrote:The good news is that John Bolton will be the Deputy Secretary of State which will make for a Dynamic Duo in the State Department.

Senator Rand Paul has stated he intends to block John Bolton's confirmation in the Senate.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/12/12/politics/donald-trump-rex-tillerson-secretary-of-state/index.html

Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul said Sunday he would seek to block Trump's widely rumored pick for deputy secretary of state, former US ambassador to the United Nations John Bolton.

"I'll do anything to try to prevent John Bolton from getting any position because I think his worldview is naive," Paul said on ABC's "This Week."

"He's still a big cheerleader for the Iraq War," Paul added. "He's promoted a nuclear attack by Israel on Iran. He wants to do regime change in Iran."

I agree with Senator Paul!

2seaoat

I will have to wait and see. In theory, I have been arguing for twenty years for drastic reductions in our offensive ability to export war. I have always had a problem with 40k Americans defending South Korea, and more permanently stationed in Europe. A 25% reduction in military spending would bring a windfall to America if invested in infrastructure and tax credits for Manufacturing job creation. However, the caution is that Putin really is not a nice person and is a dictator, and the world respects power plain and simple, right or wrong. So we need to go slowly. I think the game has been rigged with MIC for years, but a wolf in a sheepskin claiming to be making reductions and working for American national interests must be evaluated.

Sal

Sal

Markle wrote:

Please show us the source and link stating that Exxon Mobil (I'm a stockholder) cannot drill on our land or territorial water for oil BECAUSE of sanctions against Russia.

Thank you.

What are you rattling on about now, gramps.

Exxon Mobil inked a $500 billion deal with Putin that has been blocked by U.S. sanctions in response to Russia's aggression in Ukraine.

The deal would allow Exxon Mobil to produce and sell oil from 63.7 million acres of Russian territory - over 5 times the amount of territory it leases from our country.

https://www.bloomberg.com/gadfly/articles/2016-10-12/exxon-mobil-suffers-from-russia-u-s-tensions

Here, Markle ...

Imagine, Wordslinger says Trump is doing something RIGHT! Candy-a6562c866510bb5036724f05ebbe3a02

Your rocking chair is by the window.

Sal

Sal

I guess we're done here.

Markle is ok with America becoming a Soviet satellite state.

Congrats, comrades.

Markle

Markle

Sal wrote:I guess we're done here.

Congrats, comrades.

Imagine, Wordslinger says Trump is doing something RIGHT! LaughingDog

That would be Lame Duck President Barack Hussein Obama.

Telstar

Telstar

Congrats, comrades.

Sad. You know what they do to useful idiots. They will probably dump his body in some swamp next to a 3/2 ranch style on Main Street.

Congrats, comrades.

President Obama: "On all these issues, but particularly missile defense, this, this can be solved but it’s important for him to give me space."

President Medvedev: "Yeah, I understand. I understand your message about space. Space for you…"

President Obama: "This is my last election. After my election I have more flexibility."

President Medvedev: "I understand. I will transmit this information to Vladimir, and I stand with you."

Telstar

Telstar

PkrBum wrote:

Congrats, comrades.

President Obama: "On all these issues, but particularly missile defense, this, this can be solved but it’s important for him to give me space."

President Medvedev: "Yeah, I understand. I understand your message about space. Space for you…"

President Obama: "This is my last election. After my election I have more flexibility."

President Medvedev: "I understand. I will transmit this information to Vladimir, and I stand with you."

Commander Putin: Next time you squeal MORE when I shove my Brezhnev up your Trotsky!

Useful guizling Trumpenis: Of course Supreme Czar Putin.

Sal

Sal

PkrBum wrote:

Congrats, comrades.

Our president-elect is beholden to a foreign adversary who monkey-wrenched an American election to damage his opponent and is clearly being rewarded for its efforts with cabinet appointments who will determine our foreign policy, and that's your response??

Good gawd, you're dumb.

Vikingwoman

Our President elect made a deal w/ the devil for this Presidency and now it's beginning to show. Trump knew he wasn't going to pick Romney or anyone else. He waited an appropriate amount of time and picked Tillerson who he was going to install from the beginning. Russia did indeed have billions at stake w/ this oil and they installed a President who would help them.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum