Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Don’t buy the lie that Obama’s leaving behind a healthy economy ### AS I HAVE SAID!

+6
Sal
boards of FL
polecat
ZVUGKTUBM
Telstar
Markle
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Markle

Markle

IF...the economy is BOOMING...as the Democrats want us to believe. How did they manage to lose soooo badly in the presidential election?

Don’t buy the lie that Obama’s leaving behind a healthy economy

By Seth Lipsky December 7, 2016 | 9:20pm

[...]

The truth is that the Obama years have been among America’s worst for the economy. His eight years will go down in history as the Great Recession, even though for much, even most, of the span, we weren’t technically in a recession.

It just felt that way. And no wonder. Obama’s is the only modern presidency that failed to show a single year of growth above 3 percent, a point Trump stressed during the campaign (and that was conceded even by the website Politifact).

Plus, the Obama economy failed to prosper even though the Federal Reserve had its pedal to the metal. Its quantitative easing, $2 trillion balance-sheet expansion and zero-interest-rate policy all produced zilch.

Except for pumping up Wall Street and producing what Trump calls a “false economy.” The recent declines in the unemployment rate are due less to the uptick in employed persons than to an increasing number of persons leaving the labor force.

In a “true economy,” what people would boast about would be the number of employed persons rising faster than the size of an expanding workforce. In reality, the job participation rate is the lowest in decades, as millions are too discouraged to seek a job.

[...]

http://nypost.com/2016/12/07/dont-buy-the-lie-that-obamas-leaving-behind-a-healthy-economy/

Markle

Markle

Bump

Telstar

Telstar

Markle wrote:Bump

Where? On Your head?

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Lame Dork poster Markle must crave some more abuse because now he is bumping his threads.......

Here is what I predict will happen:

We will see a shift in the Lame Dork's propaganda. He will take the same numbers Boards of Florida has been posting each month, and try to use them to extoll the virtues of incoming President Trump's agenda.

Of course, if the data starts to falter, the Lame Dork will always say it is the fault of the Democrats. He is already blaming the Great Recession on President Obama, even though the stock market crash that caused the recession occurred at the tail end of the George W. Bush presidency.

The Lame Dork will also suddenly ignore the LPR in his cheap propaganda. Or, he will simply blame the Democrats--that is the easy way for him.

It is always the fault of the Democrats, and Republicans never cause any problems in the Lame Dork's mind........

At the very least, incoming President Trump is being handed a much better economy than the one handed to President Obama. The Republicans will hold all branches of the government. We will all get a first-hand look at whether the Alt-Right political philosophy works.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Telstar

Telstar

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:Lame Dork poster Markle must crave some more abuse because now he is bumping his threads.......

We will see a shift in the Lame Dork's propaganda. He will take the same numbers Boards of Florida has been posting each month, and try to use them to extoll the virtues of incoming President Trump's agenda.

Of course, if the data starts to falter, the Lame Dork will always say it is the fault of the Democrats. He is already blaming the Great Recession on President Obama, even though the stock market crash that caused the recession occurred at the tail end of the George W. Bush presidency.

The Lame Dork will also suddenly ignore the LPR in his cheap propaganda. Or, he will simply blame the Democrats--that is the easy way for him.

It is always the fault of the Democrats, and Republicans never cause any problems in the Lame Dork's mind........

At the very least, incoming President Trump is being handed a much better economy than the one handed to President Obama. The Republicans will hold all branches of the government. We will all get a first-hand look at whether the Alt-Right political philosophy works.

Yeah all hose bumps are going to leave a mark. Ouch! pale

polecat

polecat

Don’t buy the lie that Obama’s leaving behind a healthy economy  ###  AS I HAVE SAID! 14947610

boards of FL

boards of FL

The economy grew at 3.2% annualized for the third quarter of 2016. We have seen nearly 12 million private sector jobs added over the last 8 years. We're at full employment.

Yeah. Obama is handing of a good economy to Trump - particularly in contrast to the economy that the last Republican president handed off.

Telstar

Telstar

boards of FL wrote:The economy grew at 3.2% annualized for the third quarter of 2016.  We have seen nearly 12 million private sector jobs added over the last 8 years.  We're at full employment.

Yeah.  Obama is handing of a good economy to Trump - particularly in contrast to the economy that the last Republican president handed off.  

Don’t buy the lie that Obama’s leaving behind a healthy economy  ###  AS I HAVE SAID! Droopy10

More leftist propaganda.

Sal

Sal

boards of FL wrote:The economy grew at 3.2% annualized for the third quarter of 2016.  We have seen nearly 12 million private sector jobs added over the last 8 years.  We're at full employment.

Yeah.  Obama is handing of a good economy to Trump - particularly in contrast to the economy that the last Republican president handed off.  

Don’t buy the lie that Obama’s leaving behind a healthy economy  ###  AS I HAVE SAID! 73797789

RealLindaL

Sal wrote:

Don’t buy the lie that Obama’s leaving behind a healthy economy  ###  AS I HAVE SAID! 73797789

cheers  Boards and Sal -- you go, guys!  Truth is beautiful, even though it hurts the bumps on poor Markle's head (with a nod to Tel - ha).

2seaoat

Mr Markle is determined to prove us wrong in our opinion that he has no economics courses or training. At least we are not hearing about how the FBI is going to indict someone.

dumpcare

whoops time for a scan big M

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Don’t buy the lie that Obama’s leaving behind a healthy economy  ###  AS I HAVE SAID! Monthly_0208_0514

Markle

Markle

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:Lame Dork poster Markle must crave some more abuse because now he is bumping his threads.......

As you know, and know well, President-Elect Donald Trump had repeatedly denounced the Alt-Right.  So try and post facts.

As you know, and know well, Lame Duck President Barack Hussein Obama has invited and met with the leaders of the Black Lives Matter movement which has encouraged and participated in violence, riots, and actual cop killings.  He has also encouraged the Occupy Wall Street movement and worked hard to divide our nation.

Last edited by Markle on 12/10/2016, 1:01 am; edited 1 time in total

Telstar

Telstar

Markle wrote:

At the very least, incoming President Trump is being handed a much better economy than the one handed to President Obama. The Republicans will hold all branches of the government. We will all get a first-hand look at whether the Alt-Right political philosophy works.[/quote

As you know, and know well, President-Elect Donald Trump had repeatedly denounced the Alt-Right.  So try and post facts.

As you know, and know well, Lame Duck President Barack Hussein Obama has invited and met with the leaders of the Black Lives Matter movement which has encouraged and participated in violence, riots, and actual cop killings.  He has also encouraged the Occupy Wall Street movement and worked hard to divide our nation.

Cute try, but you lose...again.

Let's all take a deep breath, in through the nose, out through the mouth. Maybe some Zen, Yoga or whatever.

Markle

Markle

Lame Duck President Barack Hussein Obama is the ONLY PRESIDENT IN HISTORY who has gone their entire term in office without a single year with growth above 3%.

Increased the DEBT by more than ALL PRIOR PRESIDENTS COMBINED.

You must have missed how the Labor Participation Rate has declined sharply and most of the jobs you boast about are part time or jobs the workers do not want.

Telstar

Telstar

Markle wrote:

Lame Duck President Barack Hussein Obama is the ONLY PRESIDENT IN HISTORY who has gone their entire term in office without a single year with growth above 3%.

You must have missed how the Labor Participation Rate has declined sharply and most of the jobs you boast about are part time or jobs the workers do not want.

Stated proudly here, my dear Progressive good friends repeat that they much prefer these attacks on our soil as opposed to fighting them in their own countries.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Markle wrote:As you know, and know well, President-Elect Donald Trump had repeatedly denounced the Alt-Right.  So try and post facts.

Don’t buy the lie that Obama’s leaving behind a healthy economy  ###  AS I HAVE SAID! Hooey12

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Telstar

Telstar

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
Markle wrote:As you know, and know well, President-Elect Donald Trump had repeatedly denounced the Alt-Right.  So try and post facts.

Don’t buy the lie that Obama’s leaving behind a healthy economy  ###  AS I HAVE SAID! Hooey12

Zman, if this was a just world, he would be forced to eat his own words. We all know what they taste like. Laughing

Markle

Markle

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:

What did I post which is not true?

I'm not at all surprised by your inability to post an intelligent response. In fact, I rather enjoy your distress.

Telstar

Telstar

Markle wrote:
ZVUGKTUBM wrote:

What did I post which is not true?

I'm not at all surprised by your inability to post an intelligent response.  In fact, I rather enjoy your distress.

Grow up.  I've seen better behavior in a kindergarten playground. Laughing

boards of FL

boards of FL

Markle wrote:

First I'll address the 3% line.  As our economy grows, it becomes harder and harder to grow at 3%.  Economies like China grow at faster rates because they are rising from a starting point of extreme poverty to a point of an industrialized nation.  The US, on the other hand, has been industrialized for many decades.  Our economy grew fairly quickly throughout the mid 20th century because women entered the workforce.  It grew even more quickly even later in the 20th century because we introduced computers, automation, and international trade.  We are reaching a point at which growth will be stagnant outside of some extreme technological improvement.  Every other industrial nation is experiencing this same drag.  But, nevertheless, the US has outperformed every other industrialized nation economically under Obama.  This was not the case under the last republican president.  In fact, the last republican president dragged the entire world economy into turmoil.  And even in spite of all of this, the average GDP growth under Obama still exceeds the average GDP growth under Bush.  We have seen 12 million jobs added to the economy under Obama.  We lost 400k jobs under Bush.  Long story short, there is no comparison here.  Seriously.  Bush was the worst US president of my lifetime.  Trump will unseat him, unfortunately.  But Bush was the worst of all time.  Obama, on the other had, was the best.  And Clinton was easily the second best.  These are objective facts based on the reality of the economic data points.   There is no debate about this.  There is no room for subjective opinion here.   Moving on...

boards of FL

boards of FL

I have explained countless times that Clinton had our federal government structured such that we were operating with a budget surplus.  Unfortunately, people like Markle voted for George W Bush who ultimately cut taxes three times and turned that surplus into exploding deficits, which ultimately led to the worst budget deficit in US history at $1.4 trillion.  Obama inherited that defect, and has slashed it by $1 trillion.  More work needs to be done in that area, but, unfortunately, we elected another idiot to the executive brach.  This idiot is calling for steep tax cuts.  This is the very same policy that turned our perineal surplus into the worst budget deficit in US history, so we already know how this will play out.  If you are honestly concerned with debt and deficits, and if you voted for Donald Trump, I'm sorry, but you are an abject moron.  There is no kind way to put that.  You are stupid, flat out.

Last edited by boards of FL on 12/10/2016, 3:29 am; edited 1 time in total

boards of FL

boards of FL

And finally, Markle brings up the labor force participation rate. Good god. How many years have I tried to engage him on this subject. I guess I post my response one more time. Maybe he will actually engage this time? (Hint: He won't)

OK, Markle.  You obviously cling to this economic data point.  This is your chance to make your case and explain to all of us exactly why it is that you feel the Labor Force Participation rate is the end-all economic data point. You seem to be under the impression that posting the same chart again and again is a valid, substantive entry into any discussion, no matter the topic.  This is your chance to lay out why you feel that is the case.

I'll just go ahead and get this out of the way now to save you the time.  The labor force participation rate:

Don’t buy the lie that Obama’s leaving behind a healthy economy  ###  AS I HAVE SAID! 20ARCpB

So there it is. This is the holy-grail of all economic data points in Markle-land.   Notice the long rising trend that lasts between the years 1963 and 2000.  Many would attribute that to cultural changes that took hold in the US during that time.  We evolved from a society in which women had a very specific roll - a homemaker - to a society in which women are empowered to gain education and work.  This is just one factor perhaps among many.  That said, Makle likely discounts conventional wisdom and instead has his own theories to explain that increase, and I suspect they're all political.

Also notice the peak in the year 2000 and the subsequent decline.  Some would say the peak was the end of the "dot com" era in which we saw massive gains in productivity in large part due to widespread adoption of computers and the internet in business.  What followed was a steady trend of automation combined with a massive aging cohort (baby boomers) that were reaching retirement age and that began to exit the workforce.  But here again, I'm sure Markle has his own theories and I'm sure they're all based in politics.

So, with that said, the floor is yours, Markle.  Let's hear it.  Tell us all why the labor force participation rate is the end-all economic data point that trumps everything from jobless claims, to GDP, to retail sales, to consumer confidence, to the employment situation.  Enlighten us as to why we see the movements that we do in this data point, which clearly are long long running trends.  

Please proceed, governor....

Telstar

Telstar

boards of FL wrote:
Markle wrote:

First I'll address the 3% line.  As our economy grows, it becomes harder and harder to grow at 3%.  Economies like China grow at faster rates because they are rising from a starting point of extreme poverty to a point of an industrialized nation.  The US, on the other hand, has been industrialized for many decades.  Our economy grew fairly quickly throughout the mid 20th century because women entered the workforce.  It grew even more quickly even later in the 20th century because we introduced computers, automation, and international trade.  We are reaching a point at which growth will be stagnant outside of some extreme technological improvement.  Every other industrial nation is experiencing this same drag.  But, nevertheless, the US has outperformed every other industrialized nation economically under Obama.  This was not the case under the last republican president.  In fact, the last republican president dragged the entire world economy into turmoil.  And even in spite of all of this, the average GDP growth under Obama still exceeds the average GDP growth under Bush.  We have seen 12 million jobs added to the economy under Obama.  We lost 400k jobs under Bush.  Long story short, there is no comparison here.  Seriously.  Bush was the worst US president of my lifetime.  Trump will unseat him, unfortunately.  But Bush was the worst of all time.  Obama, on the other had, was the best.  And Clinton was easily the second best.  These are objective facts based on the reality of the economic data points.   There is no debate about this.  There is no room for subjective opinion here.   Moving on...

Emperor Trump I agrees with you about Bush being the worst POTUS in history.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum