Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Being There.......Peter Sellers

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Being There.......Peter Sellers Empty Being There.......Peter Sellers 12/7/2016, 5:12 am

2seaoat

I have not watched this movie in over twenty years.  I always enjoyed Peter Sellers.  The incredible thing after watching this movie on Netflix was the powerful message that as humans we create an alternative reality in our politics.  The simplicity of Chauncy the Gardner was ignored on its obvious face value,  He was at a Party at the Russian ambassador, and it was immediately based on his clothing and mannerism implied he could speak Russian and before the end of the Party, people were talking about him speaking eight languages.

I think of the Illusion of Donald Trump.  How a person on the obvious face value is a sociopath and very limited in talent, intelligence, and temper who has created this illusion that he had wealth, that he was intelligent, that he understood complex issues, and that he was highly successful.  Donald Trump is Chauncy the Gardner.   God help us. Chauncy's reality was a remote control of the tv, and President Trump's is a twitter account. So it goes.

2seaoat

Life is a state of mind as Chauncy walked on water........reality however is that folks do not walk on water, and that this need to find some higher power to appease our sense of being lost. Monarchies, to fascist dictatorships, folks want strength and certainty, and they are willing to replace reality with this illusion. A total dangerous illusion.

Telstar

Telstar

Chance did not have a mean or petty thought in his head. Can that be said of Trump?

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Want to know just how desperate so many millions of Americans are for change, that they would vote for this Pussy Grabber with the dead rat on his head?

Yeah ... After Dubya and Obama and the outright purchase of our legislators by the oligarchs, we're so desperate we'd elect Ronald McDonald if we could get him to stop molesting children! ...

Sal

Sal

It is remarkable.

I'll confess that when he first started his campaign, I was convinced that it was all an act.

I simply could not comprehend how a Manhattanite, educated in some truly superb schools, could really be so pig-ignorant and vulgar.

But, he is exactly who he appears to be.

He's the world's luckiest boor.

He continuously falls backward into shit and comes out smelling like roses.

Unfortunately, eventually and inevitably, luck runs out, and now the whole country in on the line.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Sal wrote:It is remarkable.

I'll confess that when he first started his campaign, I was convinced that it was all an act.

I simply could not comprehend how a Manhattanite, educated in some truly superb schools, could really be so pig-ignorant and vulgar.

But, he is exactly who he appears to be.

He's the world's luckiest boor.

He continuously falls backward into shit and comes out smelling like roses.

Unfortunately, eventually and inevitably, luck runs out, and now the whole country in on the line.

Remember the old adage: "Things have to get worse before they can get better?" That's where Trump has brought us. I think you will agree with me that Trump's administration will prove to be the biggest political disaster our country has ever faced. We can only keep our fingers crossed that he doesn't launch us into Mutually Assured Destruction, a la Dr. Strangelove, before he self-detonates at one of his rallies.

Amerika Inc. deserves Trump!

2seaoat

Chance did not have a mean or petty thought in his head. Can that be said of Trump?

The point of the movie in my opinion was that chance who could not read or write got all his information from a TV, and did not leave the house during his life, yet other people projected a higher capacity and wisdom unto a man who was really just a fifty year old child. Trump has worked hard to cultivate this illusion that he is smart, wealthy, and successful, but in the end people project their needs onto a presidential candidate, and the words become garnishments for a reality that does not exist. At the end of the movie they are burying Rand who had got to know Chance, and the Pall bearers had a discussion of running Chance for President........as funny and outrageous as that movie was over almost forty years ago, we all knew that the proposition of Chance becoming President was zero. We were wrong.

polecat

polecat

My message to trump & Raphael!

Telstar

Telstar

From the mind of someone who managed to evade the nazi prison camps with help. Took almost 50 years but now we get the punch line. Kosinski gets the last laugh and it's on us.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum