Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Jim Crow Struck Down in PA

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Jim Crow Struck Down in PA Empty Jim Crow Struck Down in PA 10/2/2012, 12:00 pm

Sal

Sal

Huzzah!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/49252156#.UGsG9fnuWhC

cheers

2Jim Crow Struck Down in PA Empty Re: Jim Crow Struck Down in PA 10/2/2012, 1:30 pm

Captn Kaoz

Captn Kaoz

Ok Sally,

What's wrong with having to prove who you are when you vote?

How many people (over the age of 16) do you personally know who do not have some form of photo ID?

3Jim Crow Struck Down in PA Empty Re: Jim Crow Struck Down in PA 10/2/2012, 2:07 pm

Captn Kaoz wrote:Ok Sally,

How many people (over the age of 16) do you personally know who do not have some form of photo ID?

My question is why the Dems are so paranoid about this issue other than they must be worried their voter base would shrink because many of their base can't prove who they are well enough to get a photo ID. How hard is it to go to say, the DMV, and get a state photo ID? Unless you have something to hide.

4Jim Crow Struck Down in PA Empty Re: Jim Crow Struck Down in PA 10/2/2012, 2:10 pm

Captn Kaoz wrote:Ok Sally,

Apparently, there are enough of the really poor people that never could afford a car and don't have an ID. I remember seeing an old black lady on TV. She went down to get her ID, they told her she needed a Social Security Card, then she went back, then they told her she needed her birth certificate, and she finally got an ID the third trip back. I have been to the DMV in Alabama and gotten the same run-around. It's a frigging nightmare considering you have to get in a cattle-line and wait for an hour each time.

It's hard to believe that, in this age when people get paychecks and have to cash them somewhere, that people don't have a picture ID. I doubt that many of them lean toward Republican ideas, though. That seems to be a big talking point against voter ID laws.

5Jim Crow Struck Down in PA Empty Re: Jim Crow Struck Down in PA 10/2/2012, 3:11 pm

knothead

knothead

Let's cut to the chase here, it IS an attempt to disenfranchise a segment of the population (that have been identified as likely Democratic voters). The states that have adopted these laws are all Republican and this is a blatant and unwarranted attack on those people's right to vote. We can go back and forth forever about picture ID but we all know what this is about . . . . . . . . . can they steal another election?

6Jim Crow Struck Down in PA Empty Re: Jim Crow Struck Down in PA 10/2/2012, 3:18 pm

Captn Kaoz

Captn Kaoz

knothead wrote:Let's cut to the chase here, it IS an attempt to disenfranchise a segment of the population (that have been identified as likely Democratic voters). The states that have adopted these laws are all Republican and this is a blatant and unwarranted attack on those people's right to vote. We can go back and forth forever about picture ID but we all know what this is about . . . . . . . . . can they steal another election?

I don't see it. What is so disenfranchising about having to present an ID. Do you get mad at the bank teller for asking to verify your identity when you are at the bank? Are you saying low income, elderly and minorities are incapable or not smart enough to get a photo ID. I personally think they have the "right stuff" to pull off the requirements for a photo ID. By the way, you picked the right name.

7Jim Crow Struck Down in PA Empty Re: Jim Crow Struck Down in PA 10/2/2012, 4:16 pm

knothead

knothead

Captn Kaoz wrote:
knothead wrote:Let's cut to the chase here, it IS an attempt to disenfranchise a segment of the population (that have been identified as likely Democratic voters). The states that have adopted these laws are all Republican and this is a blatant and unwarranted attack on those people's right to vote. We can go back and forth forever about picture ID but we all know what this is about . . . . . . . . . can they steal another election?

I don't see it. What is so disenfranchising about having to present an ID. Do you get mad at the bank teller for asking to verify your identity when you are at the bank? Are you saying low income, elderly and minorities are incapable or not smart enough to get a photo ID. I personally think they have the "right stuff" to pull off the requirements for a photo ID. By the way, you picked the right name.

Well I have my mother to thank for that . . . .

8Jim Crow Struck Down in PA Empty Re: Jim Crow Struck Down in PA 10/2/2012, 4:23 pm

no stress

no stress

knothead wrote:
Captn Kaoz wrote:

Well I have my mother to thank for that . . . .
\\

lol!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum