Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Your Bacon Taste funny?

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Your Bacon Taste funny? Empty Your Bacon Taste funny? 10/1/2012, 11:47 pm

Pig farm near Riverton, Ore., where 700-pound hogs are believed to have eaten their 70-year-old owner

A family member of an Oregon pig farmer discovered his body parts scattered across the pen — a gruesome find leaving authorities to believe it was a case of hog eating human.

A pathologist couldn’t immediately determine whether the pigs were the actual cause of 70-year-old Terry Garner’s death, but a forensic expert at the University of Oregon will conduct further tests, CBS affiliate KCBY reported Monday.

“What a way,” someone who answered the phone at Garner’s home told NBC News.

Investigators aren’t ruling out the possibility another person could have been involved.

“Due to the unusual circumstances, the Sheriff’s Office is investigating to determine if foul play may have resulted in the death of Mr. Garner,” District Attorney Paul Frasier told KCBY.

Garner was at his farm near rural Riverton last Wednesday, when a family member went looking for him, according to The Register-Guard.

Garner’s dentures were first spotted inside the hog enclosure, and then other random body parts were located — although most of him had already been devoured, the newspaper added.

The Coos County Sheriff’s Office has a couple of theories on what occurred: Garner could have suffered a medical emergency, such as a heart attack, leaving him in “a position where the hogs could consume him,” according to a statement.

In another scenario, the swine — weighing about 700 pounds each — may have knocked Garner down, overwhelming him before killing him, authorities said.

It’s unclear exactly how many pigs live on the farm, but police believe one of them had been aggressive toward Garner before.

Pigs are omnivorous, and have previously been known to feast on people.

The 56-year-old wife of a pig farmer in Romania was knocked unconscious and eaten in the animals’ sty, UPI reported in 2005.

Her ears, half her face and fingers had been ripped off, a doctor said.

eortiz@nydailynews.com

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/hungry-hogs-eat-oregon-farmer-article-1.1172448#ixzz286rJBwpA
Your Bacon Taste funny? Hog2n-1-web[img]http://assets.nydailynews.com/

Last edited by hallmarkgrad on 10/1/2012, 11:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

2Your Bacon Taste funny? Empty Re: Your Bacon Taste funny? 10/1/2012, 11:52 pm

Pig Power!!!!Remember the our bothers and sisters at the slaughter at big Pen.Your Bacon Taste funny? Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT1_rHJ6OrPtjHNYAQ9yDjpqWxIxWhm681QmGFNdw-NUOeubcWA

3Your Bacon Taste funny? Empty Re: Your Bacon Taste funny? 10/2/2012, 5:07 am

"Does Your Bacon Taste Funny??"

Ugh... No, unfortunately my bacon did NOT taste funny, but OH how I wish it had so I would not have eaten it! Even to read about food makes me feel sick.

On what was supposed to have been my last day in Colorado, my entire family (we were all there to celebrate my Granny's 90th birthday and for a family reunion), ALL fifty-two of us (originally estimated to be only 40, then we counted the local family members... still missing some friends) became violently ill with what has been diagnosed with an E. coli bacterial infection. Actually to be more accurate, two became sick a couple days earlier, then infected the rest of us.

Really only joking about wishing my bacon had tasted funny... It was not in our food, but was transmitted by touch. That's some scary stuff... Nothing kills it! I have never been so sick in my life. I still am sick, but was finally able to fly late today. I thought I was going to die, and while I do not own a scale, I am sure I lost a few pounds I couldn't really afford to lose. Still can't eat anything, and can only sip water, 7-Up and chicken broth.

pale

Anyone else ever been infected w/E. coli?? Wouldn't wish it upon my worst enemy.

4Your Bacon Taste funny? Empty Re: Your Bacon Taste funny? 10/2/2012, 9:59 am

That reminds me of an old Rory Calhoun movie named Motel Hell. He would capture hotel occupants, cut their vocal chords and bury them neck deep in the ground. There were several people buried in the ground in a sort of "garden" and they couldn't scream for help... only making gutteral noises.

He eventually made his famous sausage from these people and sold the sausage to unwitting customers.

Your Bacon Taste funny? Motel-10

5Your Bacon Taste funny? Empty Re: Your Bacon Taste funny? 10/2/2012, 10:03 am

Yomama wrote:That reminds me of an old Rory Calhoun movie named Motel Hell. He would capture hotel occupants, cut their vocal chords and bury them neck deep in the ground. There were several people buried in the ground in a sort of "garden" and they couldn't scream for help... only making gutteral noises.

He eventually made his famous sausage from these people and sold the sausage to unwitting customers.l]

Now that's a strange movie! I remember meeting Rory in Beeville, TX when I was young.

6Your Bacon Taste funny? Empty Re: Your Bacon Taste funny? 10/2/2012, 10:06 am

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Cannibal kid eating a clown...Mom this tastes funny.

7Your Bacon Taste funny? Empty Re: Your Bacon Taste funny? 10/2/2012, 11:42 am

nochain wrote:Now that's a strange movie! I remember meeting Rory in Beeville, TX when I was young.

Yeah, it WAS a strange movie. It had one strange flaw. He would fatten people up a bit by feeding them stuff... but with them buried in the ground, how are they going to poop? Where is it going to go?

Spoiler alert! I think one victim got away and cut up Rory with a chainsaw kinda thingy.

So, was Rory cordial? He seemed to be a pretty good actor.

8Your Bacon Taste funny? Empty Re: Your Bacon Taste funny? 10/2/2012, 11:57 am

Yomama wrote:
nochain wrote:Now that's a strange movie! I remember meeting Rory in Beeville, TX when I was young.

Yeah, it WAS a strange movie. It had one strange flaw. He would fatten people up a bit by feeding them stuff... but with them buried in the ground, how are they going to poop? Where is it going to go?

Spoiler alert! I think one victim got away and cut up Rory with a chainsaw kinda thingy.

So, was Rory cordial? He seemed to be a pretty good actor.

I liked him in "The Texan"

9Your Bacon Taste funny? Empty Re: Your Bacon Taste funny? 10/2/2012, 2:01 pm

riceme wrote:"Does Your Bacon Taste Funny??" pale

Anyone else ever been infected w/E. coli?? Wouldn't wish it upon my worst enemy.

Sorry to hear that you have been under the weather, Riceme. I become a titty baby when I am sick.

I hope you get better soon. Smile

10Your Bacon Taste funny? Empty Re: Your Bacon Taste funny? 10/2/2012, 2:12 pm

Nekochan

Nekochan

I read about this yesterday. Poor guy.
Riceme, I hope you're feeling better.

11Your Bacon Taste funny? Empty Re: Your Bacon Taste funny? 10/2/2012, 4:33 pm

Yomama wrote:That reminds me of an old Rory Calhoun movie named Motel Hell. He would capture hotel occupants, cut their vocal chords and bury them neck deep in the ground. There were several people buried in the ground in a sort of "garden" and they couldn't scream for help... only making gutteral noises.

He eventually made his famous sausage from these people and sold the sausage to unwitting customers.

[url=http:XXX.jpg[/img][/url]

That sounds fairly accurate, Yo. Thanks for making me smile.

Of course we had to tell the owner of the lodge we were all staying in, because it is so difficult to kill on surfaces at room temperature. At first he was very upset, thinking that we'd been infected somehow by the restaurant (pretty fancy) upstairs, but we reassured him that it had come down from Alaska.

I wore latex gloves and a ear-loop mask all the way home yesterday so I wouldn't give it to anyone. 'Tis bad stuff, my friends.

Thanks guys, I do feel a little better today... I would like to eat, but am afraid to.

pale

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum