Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The FBI letter nine days ago may have given the Republicans the senate

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

2seaoat

http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2016-election-forecast/senate/?ex_cid=2016-forecast

I think the election for senate is probably in my mind more important than the presidential election. A Trump Presidency will have congress not jumping necessarily to his tune. However, a Hillary presidency without the senate will be a nightmare of more of the same of what President Obama faced. This six year cycle was a huge structural advantage to the Democrats. I called a one vote Democratic majority. However, it is now obvious that may not happen. The letter did nothing in my opinion in the general election, but I think it was horrible for senate candidates.

Telstar

Telstar

2seaoat wrote:http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2016-election-forecast/senate/?ex_cid=2016-forecast

I think the election for senate is probably in my mind more important than the presidential election.  A Trump Presidency will have congress not jumping necessarily to his tune.   However, a Hillary presidency without the senate will be a nightmare of more of the same of what President Obama faced.  This six year cycle was a huge structural advantage to the Democrats.  I called a one vote Democratic majority.   However, it is now obvious that may not happen.   The letter did nothing in my opinion in the general election, but I think it was horrible for senate candidates.

Purge the FBI.

2seaoat

Purge the FBI.

Wrong answer. I have worked with the FBI over the years and have always found field agents to be incredibly bright, objective, and professional. This was a series of mistakes which I personally believe is a problem with the Justice Department delegating the lead to the FBI. Now the FBI has been improperly stained. The leaks should be investigated and the perps should be prosecuted. Those staff and or representatives in the house who participated should also face sanctions, but there is no need for political purges of the FBI.

However, if the Democrats had a certain senate win was reversed because of these leaks.......this is very serious.

Sal

Sal

Comey should certainly answer questions. The FBI is a policing agency... it doesn't act as judge and jury. There should've been an independent council and a grand jury. Let the obvious bias in the doj act on behalf of Hillary in normal and standard processes. Let the chips fall where they may.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum