Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The political propaganda and fallacy of the "reopening of the Hillary investigation"

+4
othershoe1030
Sal
knothead
2seaoat
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

2seaoat

The Hillary Clinton investigation was never closed. The team was still active. The idea of calling this a reopening suggests that there is substantive evidence that a crime was committed. This is not the facts. A device was found which MAY have relevant emails. The FBI agents who are still working the case informed the director of the same. The director informed the house committee.

However, the political propagandist jump to a conclusion of what has not been disclosed by using the term reopen. Reopen suggests that the case was closed and indeed they Found evidence which showed criminal intent. This may be a political desire and dream which both Trump and his campaign manager are celebrating, but that is not what has just happened.

Now the Democrats are arguing that the FBI has politicized this investigation. I disagree. The FBI has not acted inappropriately. I believe the FBI will further clarify, and in that clarification, it may come back to bite some in the asz who have assumed certain facts not in evidence.

2seaoat

It appears that it was a device which in the Anthony Wiener investigation for sexting underage girls, and there are additional emails which they want to look at as to any of them were classified. One big nothing sandwich, but the optics with this freak being associated with Clinton.......now this does have a certain stench of politics because of the association. This probably should have been investigated in private before announcement to the public, but once the agents sent the director the letter, he had a duty to disclose the same to the house.

knothead

knothead

2seaoat wrote:It appears that it was a device which in the Anthony Wiener investigation for sexting underage girls, and there are additional emails which they want to look at as to any of them were classified.   One big nothing sandwich, but the optics with this freak being associated with Clinton.......now this does have a certain stench of politics because of the association.   This probably should have been investigated in private before announcement to the public, but once the agents sent the director the letter, he had a duty to disclose the same to the house.

AGREE!

Let's all say it together: "NOTHING MATTERS... LITERALLY NOTHING... NO MATTER WHAT... PERIOD."

Gosh... that was easy. It magically disappeared.

Sal

Sal

This is an outrageous public disclosure of an ongoing investigation and just the latest in a long stream of them from Comey.

You just don't do it (unless it involves the Clintons), and you multiply that rule by 10 when you're this close to an election.

Do what? Discover evidence?

Sal

Sal

PkrBum wrote:Do what?

Make public disclosures of ongoing investigations (unless it's about the Clintons, of course).

Like the FBI's investigation regarding the connection between Paul Manafort and the Russians (about which the FBI will not comment because it's an ongoing investigation).

See how that works?

I didn't think so.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

What I'm seeing in reports at this moment is that this has come up in connection with the FBI's investigation of Anthony Weiner who's wife is one of Hillary's top aids. She apparently also used the same laptop as her husband and a few emails between her and Hillary have been discovered.

I would be very surprised if any of these involve any top secret communications. Comey is just trying to be transparent with what's going on. The timing and wording of Comey's letter is causing an uproar and perhaps most importantly giving the Trumpsters one last straw to grasp at. There is nothing that could be found in any of these communications that would be bad enough to change my vote for Hillary, which has already been cast anyway.

I mean seriously, Trump is so bad (and the only other choice of course) that there is no way, there is nothing that could happen or nothing he could say that would make me wish I had voted for him.

It will make for a few more hours of frantic reporting and a topic for the Sunday shows. I don't think most people even care about her (to quote Bernie) damn emails.

RealLindaL

othershoe1030 wrote:
It will make for a few more hours of frantic reporting and a topic for the Sunday shows. I don't think most people even care about her (to quote Bernie) damn emails.

I hope you're right that this is all it will amount to, O.S., and I certainly wouldn't have expected it would change your vote. But there are, I have to believe, lots of fence sitters still out there who won't make up their minds until they're actually in the voting booth. If this is the last thing they hear, it could sway some votes, and where things are close, that could be a problem.

I'm glad the DNC and other groups are raising holy Hades over this. It's hard to believe Comey's motivation was as innocent as you imply. Surely he knew exactly what a furor this would raise.

If anything... it will probably help Hillary's turnout.

RealLindaL

PkrBum wrote:If anything... it will probably help Hillary's turnout.

Because....?

RealLindaL wrote:

Because....?

She looked like a lock. If there's doubt it would increase turnout.

RealLindaL

PkrBum wrote:
RealLindaL wrote:

Because....?

She looked like a lock. If there's doubt it would increase turnout.

OIC. Could happen, I suppose.

2seaoat

Agree with PK that she will get turn out.....there is a sense that this was political and that it was a cheap shot at Hillary. I disagree. I do not like the idea of a spouse using a computer where a person is working on confidential emails. I think this is a legitimate criticism. Not a violation of the law. Certainly, this was not good procedure by her aide, but Anthony may have got clever and took that laptop to hide his illicit texting and sexting. Poor Hillary. She has had to deal with Bill. She is dealing with Trump. Now she is being drawn to Anthony. Three men of questionable moral character. The burden this woman has borne. I find it incredible that Hillary will take a hit on this. Yet, the use of this for political gain that some wrong doing has been committed is simply stupid.

Telstar

Telstar

2seaoat wrote:Agree with PK that she will get turn out.....there is a sense that this was political and that it was a cheap shot at Hillary.  I disagree.   I do not like the idea of a spouse using a computer where a person is working on confidential emails.  I think this is a legitimate criticism.  Not a violation of the law.   Certainly, this was not good procedure by her aide, but Anthony may have got clever and took that laptop to hide his illicit texting and sexting.   Poor Hillary.   She has had to deal with Bill.   She is dealing with Trump.  Now she is being drawn to Anthony.   Three men of questionable moral character.   The burden this woman has borne.   I find it incredible that Hillary will take a hit on this.  Yet, the use of this for political gain that some wrong doing has been committed is simply stupid.

The end of your comment sums up the regressive right in a nutshell, simply stupid.

Markle

Markle

Sal wrote:
PkrBum wrote:Do what?  

Make public disclosures of ongoing investigations (unless it's about the Clintons, of course).

Like the FBI's investigation regarding the connection between Paul Manafort and the Russians (about which the FBI will not comment because it's an ongoing investigation).

See how that works?

I didn't think so.

What choice did the FBI have in disclosing this or not disclosing this close to the election?

Please be specific.

In my opinion, they had two choices. One, to disclose immediately what was happening at that time so people have all the information available to cast their vote.

The other choice is to HOLD SECRET the information until AFTER the election. What would be the blow up from the voters and legislators if this information results in an indictment and ultimately a conviction? Hillary resignation prior to conviction? Ala Watergate and Richard Nixon?

The FBI is damned if they did and damned if they don't.

Try to deny or not, this is a BOMBSHELL!

Four devices were seized. One from Huma and one from Anthony Abedin. It is unknown from whom the other 2 were seized. They contain what appears to be classified information. The FBI was investigating Anthony Weiner and his sexting with a 15-year-old girl. This has been going on, as you know, for YEARS. How easy would it be to extort Anthony Weiner for classified information

The political propaganda and fallacy of the "reopening of the Hillary investigation" Cd45454d-cd6e-4514-a931-6387ec504b5f_zpsl9pav2qr

Telstar

Telstar

You have reached the summit of mans fear... and the pit of his imagination.      
            A  place  that  we call......THE  MARKLE  ZONE

The political propaganda and fallacy of the "reopening of the Hillary investigation" Spinne10

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

I voted today and I feel better. My daughter got a call from her friend in Austin...ranting..."What is wrong with these people?" I told her to vote early.

2seaoat

What choice did the FBI have in disclosing this or not disclosing this close to the election?

Please be specific.

The decision for the FBI to take the lead in this investigation was to take out any politics in the Justice Department. It was thought by Justice that they would sit back and give the FBI the lead on this. Contrary to the belief that the disclosures by the FBI of the detail earlier this year when they found no criminal conduct by Hillary, her staff, or State is normal......it is not. What normally happens is the FBI would release a simple statement that they found no criminal culpability in Hillary, her staff, or the State Department. Done. However, in a political charged environment, he gave much more information which some were shocked, but that was his call to quell any thought that the integrity of the FBI had been compromised.

So, when additional possible relevant emails were found on a device on a spouse of one of her staff, and this was found in an entirely different investigation, right or wrong the die was cast. The director did the right thing in announcing some additional potential evidence which must be reviewed. I think the director however, has to clarify his letter. He needs to clearly state that nothing has been disclosed which changes his conclusion that there is a lack of criminal intent and criminal culpability concerning Hillary, her staff, or the state Department, but that they are simply looking at the emails and they will announce probably after the election if any relevant emails have been found. His error was the lack of clarity that there is nothing which allows anybody to conclude that this device will change any prior conclusions of his prior investigation.

This is not a big deal. It could be. However, so could the NY AG announcing criminal charges against Trump for the foundation, but just because it could be, I am hopeful the political tangle with our criminal justice system stops and these things can be reviewed after the election.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

I knew immediately that this "new" investigation originated with Judicial Watch:

http://www.cnn.com/2016/10/28/politics/fbi-reviewing-new-emails-in-clinton-probe-director-tells-senate-judiciary-committee/

This is the psycho who thinks he's representing the law:

http://crooksandliars.com/2014/10/larry-klayman-obama-must-be-taken-alive

Larry Klayman: Obama Must Be 'Taken Alive' For Using Ebola As Weapon Against Whites

The political propaganda and fallacy of the "reopening of the Hillary investigation" Larry-klayman-530x297

October 15, 2014
John Prager
Posted with permission from Americans Against the Tea Party
"But as has been true throughout Obama's illegitimate presidency, as all credible evidence suggests that he was born in Kenya and is neither a natural born citizen eligible to be president, nor has he been 'naturalized' as a citizen to even have the right to remain here," Klayman wrote, "regrettably our Muslim commander in chief has favored his own creed over the rest of us."

As we have all heard - exhaustively - President Obama is using Ebola to infect white people and make the United States more like his ‘home' in Africa. Klayman, who repeatedly repeats his moronic claims that President Obama is not really an American, that his birth certificate is fake, and that the President must be arrested for nearly every reason imaginable, ever, has filed a lawsuit against the President claiming that he is "providing material support and aid to international terrorism and facilitating terrorism" by refusing to implement a travel ban on people from countries facing an Ebola outbreak.

Klayman, since he is an uninformed dolt, is apparently unaware that health experts have stated that a travel ban may actually make matters worse, as it may restrict care to those in need.

In his weekly column on conspiratorial garbage dump World Net Daily, the gun-toting, treasonous Teabilly f*ckstick wrote:

Obama has favored his African brothers over the rest of us by allowing them free entry into this country. As a result, Ebola has now been introduced into the United States, may be on the verge of spreading rapidly, with the end result being potential massive death to our citizenry.

"In effect, by allowing continued entry from these African nations, Obama and his flunkies like [Dr. Thomas] Frieden at the CDC and throughout his administration are furthering acts of terrorism against you and your loved ones," he claimed.

"But as has been true throughout Obama's illegitimate presidency, as all credible evidence suggests that he was born in Kenya and is neither a natural born citizen eligible to be president, nor has he been ‘naturalized' as a citizen to even have the right to remain here," Klayman wrote, "regrettably our Muslim commander in chief has favored his own creed over the rest of us."

Klayman explained exactly how "racist" he believes the President is. "Now, during his regime, relegating whites and others who are not black or Muslim to the back of the bus has become an invidious form of reverse discrimination. This was not right when blacks were subjected to this treatment, and it is not right now – particularly given its deadly implications," he actually said.

Klayman was clear that he does not advocate violence, however. He wants President Obama to be "taken alive to be deported and pay for his inadequacies under the rule of law," but says that the President "must be forced from office as soon as possible, before all is lost."

Well, there you have it. Larry Klansman has actually managed to outdo himself with this moronic, nonsensical rant.

h/t: Right Wing Watch

Wrong... this was originated by hillary. She knew full well what she was doing and it had a purpose.

That intent excuse was complete bs. All judicial watch has done is request OUR public records.

RealLindaL

Markle wrote:Four devices were seized. One from Huma and one from Anthony Abedin.  It is unknown from whom the other 2 were seized.  They contain what appears to be classified information.

Where and by whom was this stated?   Certainly not in Comey's letter, since he said it was not known whether or not the emails were even relevant to the Clinton investigation.    So who said anything about the appearance of their containing classified information?   PLEASE BE SPECIFIC.

Markle

Markle

RealLindaL wrote:
Markle wrote:Four devices were seized. One from Huma and one from Anthony Abedin. It is unknown from whom the other 2 were seized. They contain what appears to be classified information.

Where and by whom was this stated? Certainly not in Comey's letter, since he said it was not known whether or not the emails were even relevant to the Clinton investigation. So who said anything about the appearance of their containing classified information? PLEASE BE SPECIFIC.

ANYTHING that showed up on Anthony Weiner's phone or the fact that he had access to Huma's computer at home along with all her files AND another device as yet of unknown ownership or if it was shared between them.

This is huge. If it was not, it would have been held until the investigation was complete. Comey didn't dare wait that long and then have an indictment or indictments come about weeks or months after the election.

Historic weird election.

Telstar

Telstar

Markle wrote:
RealLindaL wrote:
Markle wrote:Four devices were seized. One from Huma and one from Anthony Abedin.  It is unknown from whom the other 2 were seized.  They contain what appears to be classified information.

Where and by whom was this stated?   Certainly not in Comey's letter, since he said it was not known whether or not the emails were even relevant to the Clinton investigation.    So who said anything about the appearance of their containing classified information?   PLEASE BE SPECIFIC.

ANYTHING that showed up on Anthony Weiner's phone or the fact that he had access to Huma's computer at home along with all her files AND another device as yet of unknown ownership or if it was shared between them.

This is huge.  If it was not, it would have been held until the investigation was complete.  Comey didn't dare wait that long and then have an indictment or indictments come about weeks or months after the election.

Historic weird election.

Sal

Sal

Government branch by government branch, department by department, the Republican Party has politicized and corrupted every institution in our democracy.

They've turned the Congress, the SCOTUS and now the FBI into tools for partisan warfare.

The military and the rest of law enforcement are not far behind.

The Democrats need to forget about bipartisan gestures and wake up to the ruthlessness and recklessness that their Republican adversaries represent.

If Republicans can't be team players, they should be shunned completely going forward.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum