Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Remember the riots over the naked Trump statues?

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Me either.

http://wnep.com/2016/10/18/naked-hillary-clinton-statue-causes-scuffle-in-new-york/

https://www.abqjournal.com/870593/nude-hillary-clinton-statue-vs-nude-donald-trump-statue-fair-game-or-sexist.html

Carin Kuoni, a professor of contemporary art and political engagement at The New School, told the Associated Press, the Clinton statue can be easily viewed as offensive rather than satirical.

“The history of how the female body appears has clearly been so negatively coded and inscribed that it makes for a completely different intervention when you see the sculpture of a naked woman than when you see a naked man,” she said.

Others saw a double-standard at work.

“It is absolutely unfair and ridiculous,” Michael Bauer, 23, a business student at Baruch, told the New York Post, referring to Nancy’s protest of the statue. “I bet that lady laughed when she saw the Trump thing online and yet got super-pissed at this. Like, where is your logic?”

As for the alleged artist, Scioli, he told the Daily Beast he would not “confirm or deny being this particular artist of interest. I will however say how much I appreciate the exposure this piece is garnering. It is a firm personal belief that satire brings us closer to the root of the truth of issues and I find it rather unfortunate that in these divisive times, rather than spur a healthy, more lighthearted debate, it only seems to have led to more strife.”

It’s important to note, though, that one of the women in Trump’s life, his wife, Melania, was also pulled into this shaming-via-nudity tactic that’s been used in this election when the New York Post published a fully nude photograph of her on the front page with the all-caps headline reading, “The Ogle Office.”

Inside its pages were more explicit photographs of the woman who might become the nation’s first lady.

Telstar

Telstar

They say her statue was so lifelike that Donny tried to grab it's pussy.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum