Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What the Hell? PNJ reporting

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1What the Hell?  PNJ reporting Empty What the Hell? PNJ reporting 9/29/2012, 6:22 am

Judge issues ruling in suit against Mayor Hayward |

Ruling favors Hayward in memo suit brought by Myers Sep 28, 2012

From Todays online edition,,9/29/2012

2seaoat

The mayor won. The loose cannon lost. A staff member does not have to answer the individual inquiries of a council person unless it is approved by the overall council. The council person now says she will ignore the court's ruling and contact city employees directly.....that the mayor can take her back to court. I think the public can see where the problem is, but the Mayor is a smart person....all he will do is issue an memorandum which states no person is to have a conversation with a council person concerning city responsibilities unless there has been a council resolution....problem solved and Ms Meyer can yip and yap like the lap dog she has become.

I just thought it interesting the PNJ posted two different versions of the same story.
The city is a joke, has been for a long time.

4What the Hell?  PNJ reporting Empty Re: What the Hell? PNJ reporting 9/29/2012, 10:06 am

Last nights Channel 3 News reported that both sides consider it a win.

5What the Hell?  PNJ reporting Empty Re: What the Hell? PNJ reporting 9/29/2012, 10:45 am

2seaoat wrote:The mayor won. The loose cannon lost. A staff member does not have to answer the individual inquiries of a council person unless it is approved by the overall council. The council person now says she will ignore the court's ruling and contact city employees directly.....that the mayor can take her back to court. I think the public can see where the problem is, but the Mayor is a smart person....all he will do is issue an memorandum which states no person is to have a conversation with a council person concerning city responsibilities unless there has been a council resolution....problem solved and Ms Meyer can yip and yap like the lap dog she has become.

What's the purpose of the council then?

6What the Hell?  PNJ reporting Empty Re: What the Hell? PNJ reporting 9/29/2012, 11:08 am

This reminds me a lot of what used to happen with the Escambia County School Board before Jim Paul was elected. You had the school board members trying to trump the Superintendent on everything. Dewitt and Stidham were usually the guilty parties. What the little dogs (board members/council members) aren't realizing, is that the mayor and super are elected by the entire area and represent the views of the majority and not just the little fiefdoms that the minions represent. I think Hayward is a good mayor. He knows his role and understands what a strong mayor should be. Meyers Deweese (the whiner) and the others need to understand their role and not be idiots.

7What the Hell?  PNJ reporting Empty Re: What the Hell? PNJ reporting 9/29/2012, 12:24 pm

I always thought that city councils and commissioner boards were part of the checks and balance system.

Ghost_Rider1 wrote:I always thought that city councils and commissioner boards were part of the checks and balance system.

That's what I thought.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum