Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

A Small List of Hillary Lies to the FBI, Congress, and You

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

http://ijr.com/2016/07/643348-here-is-every-lie-hillary-clinton-told-about-her-email/

In a statement made by FBI Director James Comey, the Bureau will recommend to the Justice Department that no charges be filed against Hillary Clinton in light of the FBI's investigation into her usage of a private email server during her tenure as Secretary of State.

The details revealed by Director Comey in his statement today, however, draw attention to a few inaccuracies made by Secretary Clinton regarding the email controversy since the New York Times first broke the story in March 2015.

The following is a timeline of the 5 most egregious inaccuracies, alongside Director Comey's new information revealed today:

Hillary Clinton answers questions from reporters March 10, 2015 at the United Nations in New York. Clinton admitted Tuesday that she made a mistake in choosing for convenience not to use an official email account when she was secretary of state. But, in remarks to reporters after attending a United Nations event, she insisted that her email set-up had been properly secure and that she had turned over all professional communications to the State Department.

LIE #1: “I did not email any classified material to anyone on my email."

TRUTH: As FBI Director James Comey revealed in the press conference today, 108 of the emails in more than 52 chains she sent were, in fact, considered classified. And 8 of those chains contained a "Top Secret" classification.

From the group of 30,000 e-mails returned to the State Department, 110 e-mails in 52 e-mail chains have been determined by the owning agency to contain classified information at the time they were sent or received. Eight of those chains contained information that was Top Secret at the time they were sent; 36 chains contained Secret information at the time; and eight contained Confidential information, which is the lowest level of classification. Separate from those, about 2,000 additional e-mails were “up-classified” to make them Confidential; the information in those had not been classified at the time the e-mails were sent

LIE #2: “First, when I got to work as Secretary of State, I opted for convenience to use my personal email account, which was allowed by the State Department, because I thought it would be easier to carry just one device for my work and for my personal emails instead of two.”

TRUTH: The Director pointed out that Hillary Clinton used "numerous mobile devices to view and send email on that personal domain."

Secretary Clinton used several different servers and administrators of those servers during her four years at the State Department, and used numerous mobile devices to view and send e-mail on that personal domain. As new servers and equipment were employed, older servers were taken out of service, stored, and decommissioned in various ways. Piecing all of that back together—to gain as full an understanding as possible of the ways in which personal e-mail was used for government work—has been a painstaking undertaking, requiring thousands of hours of effort.

LIE #3: "It [her email system] was on property guarded by the Secret Service. And there were no security breaches."

TRUTH: It turns out, however, there might have been a successful security breach on Secretary Clinton's email. While the FBI Director that this is "unlikely," he states that "it is possible that hostile actors gained access to Secretary Clinton's personal e-mail account."

We also assess that Secretary Clinton’s use of a personal e-mail domain was both known by a large number of people and readily apparent. She also used her personal e-mail extensively while outside the United States, including sending and receiving work-related e-mails in the territory of sophisticated adversaries. Given that combination of factors, we assess it is possible that hostile actors gained access to Secretary Clinton’s personal e-mail account.

LIE #4: "While I do not know what information may be 'responsive' for purposes of this lawsuit, I have directed that all my e-mails on clintonemail.com in my custody that were or potentially were federal records be provided to the Department of State, and on information and belief, this has been done."

TRUTH: According to FBI Director James Comey's statement today, "several thousand work-related e-mails that were not in the group of 30,000 that were returned by Secretary Clinton to State in 2014."

The FBI also discovered several thousand work-related e-mails that were not in the group of 30,000 that were returned by Secretary Clinton to State in 2014. We found those additional e-mails in a variety of ways. Some had been deleted over the years and we found traces of them on devices that supported or were connected to the private e-mail domain. Others we found by reviewing the archived government e-mail accounts of people who had been government employees at the same time as Secretary Clinton, including high-ranking officials at other agencies, people with whom a Secretary of State might naturally correspond.

Date: September 7, 2015, Interview with Associated Press

LIE #5: "What I did was allowed. It was allowed by the State Department. The State Department has confirmed that."

TRUTH: According to an official report released in May by the State Department Office of the Inspector General, the department "found no evidence that the Secretary requested or obtained guidance or approval to conduct official business via a personal email account on her private server."

OIG found no evidence that the Secretary requested or obtained guidance or approval to conduct official business via a personal email account on her private server. According to the current CIO and Assistant Secretary for Diplomatic Security, Secretary Clinton had an obligation to discuss using her personal email account to conduct official business with their offices, who in turn would have attempted to provide her with approved and secured means that met her business needs. However, according to these officials, DS and IRM did not—and would not—approve her exclusive reliance on a personal email account to conduct Department business, because of the restrictions in the FAM [Foriegn Affairs Manuel] and the security risks in doing so.

FBI Director Comey said the followed regarding the issue:

"Any reasonable person in Secretary Clinton’s position, or in the position of those government employees with whom she was corresponding about these matters, should have known that an unclassified system was no place for that conversation."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/09/02/the-many-things-hillary-clinton-couldnt-recall-in-her-fbi-interview/

Hillary Clinton told the FBI she couldn’t recall something more than three dozen times

In the three hours-plus that Hillary Clinton spoke with FBI investigators about her private email server on July 2, she cited more than three-dozen things that she could not recall.

Among them were things such as specific emails that perhaps nobody could be expected to remember years later, but Clinton also said she had no recollection of several key moments when it came to her email server, including briefings on how to handle classified information and key conversations about her server.

In at least one case, according to documents released Friday by the FBI, Clinton said she could not recall every briefing she had received after a 2012 concussion, which later led to a blood clot in her head.

"Clinton stated she received no instructions or direction regarding the preservation or production of records from [the] State [Department] during the transition out of her role as secretary of state in 2013," the report says. "However, in December of 2012, Clinton suffered a concussion and then around the New Year had a blood clot. Based on her doctor’s advice, she could only work at State for a few hours a day and could not recall every briefing she received."

The language doesn't make clear whether Clinton was blaming her concussion for being unable to recall specific briefings and, if so, during which specific time period. The concussion and blood clot were well-publicized at the time.

Among the other things Clinton could "not recall" or "did not remember," according to the summary of her interview with the FBI:

a briefing or training given by the State Department on the retention of federal records or handling of classified information

how often she used her Original Classification Authority (OCA) or any training or guidance that State Department provided on that

any specific briefing on handling classified information associated with Special Access Programs (SAP)

a specific process for nominating a target for a drone strike

why the State Department was unable to provide her with a secure BlackBerry

receiving any emails she thought didn't belong on an unclassified system

receiving guidance from the State Department about the email policies contained in the Foreign Affairs Manual

specifically which aides had access to her BlackBerry and email accounts

the compromise of State Department employees' Gmail accounts

ever using an iPad mini until after her time as secretary of state

receiving any Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) requests related to her email

who advised her to change her email address after Sidney Blumenthal's email account was compromised in 2013

Markle

Markle

Progressives don't care.

They are so much like an abused woman that keeps going back to "stand by her man"...and get beaten again.

http://www.politifact.com/personalities/hillary-clinton/statements/byruling/false/

RealLindaL

USA Today column:

TRUMP'S LIES HAVE ALREADY CHANGED AMERICA

Trump lies virtually every time he opens his mouth.  He's pathological. And dangerous. There's simply no comparison.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

RealLindaL wrote:USA Today column:

TRUMP'S LIES HAVE ALREADY CHANGED AMERICA

Trump lies virtually every time he opens his mouth.  He's pathological.  And dangerous.  There's simply no comparison.
What about Hillary's lies....you ignored that.

RealLindaL

I haven't ignored that at all, Joanie.  My position is that Trump's lies are far more dangerous (e.g., try reading the piece I linked to above), and far more constant, as in, to reiterate, "virtually every time he opens his mouth."   To me and many others it seems just about everything he says is either a lie or a complete misstatement of fact, out of ignorance or whatever.  All.  Day.  Long.  I honestly don't know how anyone can listen to him speak and believe a word he says any more, if they ever did.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Hillary is dishonest has the day is long.

What govt position has trump ever occupied that his lies caused harm to the country?

Lol... the denials and rationalizations are nearly comical.

RealLindaL

PkrBum wrote:What govt position has trump ever occupied that his lies caused harm to the country?

Oh, so it's a rule now that no one can cause harm to the nation unless he's in a government position??   WHAT????  Who made THAT rule??   Idiotic.   And here I thought you were a smart person.  Silly me.

Look, why don't you read the friggin' piece before blustering for a change.  Here's a teaser excerpt, though, since you're probably too damned lazy to look at it (BBM):

Donald Trump has finally acknowledged from his own lips that President Obama was born in the United States. Less than two months out from Election Day, he — or more likely his campaign staff — has decided it is time to put to rest an issue that might benefit Hillary Clinton.

Of course, nothing Trump says now, including his campaign's preposterous attempt to explain that he performed a public service by “successfully compelling” Obama to produce his birth certificate, will erase the record of his vicious five-year attempt to delegitimize the nation's first African-American president. Trump’s turnabout only highlights his ceaseless stream of deliberate lies, unwitting falsehoods, and blatant distortions of reality — a toxic brand of discourse that is doing great harm to American culture and politics.

Okey Dokey... don't vote for trump based on that... which very likely originated from Hillary's campaign. This is about hillary blatantly and clearly lying... depending on people to either not care... or not even be informed of it all. That doesn't even delve into her motive... or the fact that those were OUR records.

So which is it? Do you simply not care in this instance?

RealLindaL

PkrBum wrote:Okey Dokey... don't vote for trump based on that... which very likely originated from Hillary's campaign. This is about hillary blatantly and clearly lying... depending on people to either not care... or not even be informed of it all. That doesn't even delve into her motive... or the fact that those were OUR records.

So which is it? Do you simply not care in this instance?

And do you simply dismiss anything I or anyone else offers as "likely originating from Hillary's campaign," even without any evidence of same??

I should take my clue from the republican/conservative tactics on this board and stop right there - just put forth a "tit for tat" answer rather than offering anything of further substance.  But here's the substance:

OUR CHOICES MAY BE LOUSY BUT TRUMP IS BY FAR THE LOUSIEST BECAUSE, ASIDE FROM BEING A SERIAL LIAR, HE'S A HOPELESS NARCISSIST, ARROGANT BIGOT, AND WILLFUL IGNORAMUS ON MATTERS OF GOVERNMENT, NATIONAL SECURITY AND INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS, WITH A CLEARLY STATED AND DEMONSTRATED HAIR TRIGGER REVENGE RESPONSE THAT SHOULD TERRIFY ANYONE CONTEMPLATING HIS HAVING HIS FINGER ON THE NUCLEAR BUTTON.

So I will vote for Hillary Clinton, if for no other reason (and there are plenty of others) than this: I don't want to risk having any part in the possible destruction of all life on this planet, and I trust Clinton to deal with sensitive, potentially explosive international situations infinitely more even-handedly than Trump ever would or could.  I consider him and his mentality extremely dangerous.

As an aside, even were I in sync with their ideology, I wouldn't cast my vote for the Libertarian candidates, either, who have absolutely NO chance of winning even though they refuse to acknowledge that, and who, by their own admission in a 60 Minutes interview tonight (Sunday), have no idea whether votes for them will help Hillary, or whether they'll help Trump.  Shamefully selfish and irresponsible politics.

So you ask me if I care?   Oh, I care, Pkr.  I care a LOT for this nation and its future, and the future of all our progeny, and that's why, given the current choices, imperfect as they are, my vote will go to Hillary Clinton, hands down.

"I trust Clinton to deal with sensitive, potentially explosive international situations infinitely more even-handedly"

What leads you to believe this? It can't be her record... she's on the wrong side of almost every decision.

So here you have some evidence. But instead you'll go w blind faith and abandon your principles. We all lose.

polecat

polecat

Trump boasting that he got POTUS to show a birth cert makes him the 1st man in history to brag that someone proved he's a liar.- John Fugelsang

polecat

polecat

Donald Trump assures you Hillary was a birther first and he's got investigators in Hawaii with proof of it that he'll show you sometime. - John Fugelsang

Either way, he's gone from lying about a racist conspiracy to threatening a woman's life in less than 7 hours. - LOLGOP

Emotional Obama tearfully thanks Trump for granting him citizenship. - Andy Borowitz

Ivanka Trump abruptly ended an interview with Cosmopolitan magazine because she felt the questions were “unfair.” Of course it’s understandable, most of us wither under the intense political grilling of Cosmopolitan magazine.- Conan O'Brien

Think of the awful things we know about Donald Trump. Now, think about what he doesn't want us to know. - LOLGOP

A Small List of Hillary Lies to the FBI, Congress, and You 14390910

RealLindaL

PkrBum wrote:"I trust Clinton to deal with sensitive, potentially explosive international situations infinitely more even-handedly"

What leads you to believe this? It can't be her record... she's on the wrong side of almost every decision.

So here you have some evidence. But instead you'll go w blind faith and abandon your principles. We all lose.

OH BIG TIME B.S., Pkr. I'm not abandoning any principles whatsoever, I'm sticking to them - more than I can say for you. If you're so sure we'll all lose if Hillary wins, why are you not voting for her only real opponent? You make no sense whatsoever.

As for Hillary's being on the "wrong side of almost every decision" -- way to go quoting the right's well-worn talking points, but that's YOUR opinion. Yes, you have a right to your opinion, but it does not make it objectively true.

Further, I've seen NO evidence that Hillary is a revenge-seeking, get 'em back when they insult you, shoot from the hip type of person -- the exact kind of person I DON'T want leading this nation during international incidents of any kind. On the contrary, she has proven at every turn that she's someone who keeps calm and is not easily rattled. She has enough experience -- years' worth -- that surely inform her of just how dangerous a Trump-type attitude can be. There is nothing whatsoever blind in my faith in that judgment of her.

I HAVE, however -- as has anyone else with half an analytical brain who's watched and listened to Trump during this entire campaign -- seen PLENTY of evidence that Trump is EXACTLY the type of person we can't trust to handle such incidents. He takes everything personally and wants to start shooting the moment he senses any insult. He's a child in adult clothing.

Pkr please use your brain and stop spouting useless talking points for the sake of empty argument. Trump is extremely dangerous, and the only principles being abandoned are by those who support him in the mistaken belief that he cares about anything or anyone besides himself and his money -- not yours or mine.

RealLindaL

Lots of wisdom posted there, polecat. Thanks for gathering and sharing.

http://www.politifact.com/personalities/hillary-clinton/statements/byruling/false/

Sal

Sal

A Small List of Hillary Lies to the FBI, Congress, and You Captur15

A Small List of Hillary Lies to the FBI, Congress, and You Captur16

RealLindaL

Sal, I saw that somewhere just yesterday and was unable to find it again. Thank you so much for posting. I hope you'll post this wherever and whenever the question is raised about Hillary's honesty. It's devastating for The Trumpster but confirms what most thinking Americans already know about the man.

Sal

Sal

You're welcome.

The whole false equivalency thing gets so old.

RealLindaL

Sal wrote:The whole false equivalency thing gets so old.

You said it!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum