Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

A apology and a thank you to everyone from a cyclist.

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Last night I got caught up in the negative and got trolled. This year I will have cycled almost 2500 mile(12 months) If you figture 10mph that is 250 hours on the road. Not much if you think about 8 miles a day for just 300 days. In all that time on the road I can only think of one time someone drove close to me and became aggressive. 99.9% of Motorist return my wave or acknowledge my present with a nod of the head. Many times people let me pass when they have the right of way. I dont normally carry a weapon. Sometimes but not very often. Maybe night time in some bad areas but that is very seldom. Drivers for the most part are easy to deal with. For that I want to say thank you. Some cyclist piss me off. I almost hit one last week, night time, no lights, wrong side of the road, Etc. Most of us try not to hold traffic up or become a hazard.
I am sorry I came on too strong. People like Gandi are the exception and not the majority of drivers. Cycling is fun. Break out that old bike and take a lap around you area, you might like it.

hallmarkgrad wrote:Last night I got caught up in the negative and got trolled. This year I will have cycled almost 2500 mile(12 months) If you figture 10mph that is 250 hours on the road. Not much if you think about 8 miles a day for just 300 days. In all that time on the road I can only think of one time someone drove close to me and became aggressive. 99.9% of Motorist return my wave or acknowledge my present with a nod of the head. Many times people let me pass when they have the right of way. I dont normally carry a weapon. Sometimes but not very often. Maybe night time in some bad areas but that is very seldom. Drivers for the most part are easy to deal with. For that I want to say thank you. Some cyclist piss me off. I almost hit one last week, night time, no lights, wrong side of the road, Etc. Most of us try not to hold traffic up or become a hazard.
I am sorry I came on too strong. People like Gandi are the exception and not the majority of drivers. Cycling is fun. Break out that old bike and take a lap around you area, you might like it.

You are a good man hallmark. Don't let the likes of ghandi get to you. It is quite obvious that all he is here for is to ruffle feathers of anyone and everyone that he can.

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

You're welcome.

catfriedlegs

hallmarkgrad wrote:Last night I got caught up in the negative and got trolled. This year I will have cycled almost 2500 mile(12 months) If you figture 10mph that is 250 hours on the road. Not much if you think about 8 miles a day for just 300 days. In all that time on the road I can only think of one time someone drove close to me and became aggressive. 99.9% of Motorist return my wave or acknowledge my present with a nod of the head. Many times people let me pass when they have the right of way. I dont normally carry a weapon. Sometimes but not very often. Maybe night time in some bad areas but that is very seldom. Drivers for the most part are easy to deal with. For that I want to say thank you. Some cyclist piss me off. I almost hit one last week, night time, no lights, wrong side of the road, Etc. Most of us try not to hold traffic up or become a hazard.

cheers good post, hallmark

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

Riiight on, brother! bounce Very Happy

I bike at night and never have a prob with traffic. Davis Highway, langley area. I ride to Wally World on Creighton often at night, buy a few groceries, bike home. eight miles or so total.

2seaoat

Where is our cyclist?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum