Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Epi pen goes from 100 bucks to 500 bucks

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

2seaoat

Greed and no regulation to allow profiteers to simply steal. People will die.

No link....just watched news..

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/mylan-ceo-600-pay-increase-epipen-price-raise-article-1.2762769

Epi pen goes from 100 bucks to 500 bucks Manchin-daughter-degree

The pharmaceutical CEO whose company raised the price of EpiPens by more than 400% was rewarded with a 671% raise.

Heather Bresch and other executives at Mylan Pharmaceuticals have been criticized for increasing the price of the devices to prevent fatal allergy reactions from less than $100 for a pair in 2007 to more than $500 today.

Bresch, who was president in 2007 and has since become chief executive of the global pharma giant, went from making $2,453,456 nine years ago to $18,931,068 last year, according to filings from the company.

The pay increase, first reported by NBC News, came as Mylan repeatedly raised the price of the live-saving epinephrine device by increments of 5, 10 and 15%.

[...]

(She's the daughter of Sen. Joe Manchin (D-WV)...he has clashed with her before over her plans to move the company offshore.)

2seaoat

During the American revolution, it was common for an evil traitor to be tarred and feathered. I do not want people burned with hot tar, but some cold tar stripping them down and then applying feathers with ample photographs taken by patriots who want to take this country back from the plutocracy who simply are evil. The CEO of this greedy company makes close to 18 million a year, and children are not getting epi pens because of insurance deductibles or where there is no insurance, very dangerous allergies mean life or death. My wife carries a epi pen because of her allergic reaction to yellow jackets.....life threatening and our nephew had complete organ failures and was in intensive care for three weeks from a bee sting where an epi pen could have immediately saved him from near death. Tar and feathering. They have built a police state to protect them, but five or six of these criminal CEOs being tarred and feathered......and by golly American patriots could take this country back.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

2seaoat wrote:During the American revolution, it was common for an evil traitor to be tarred and feathered.   I do not want people burned with hot tar, but some cold tar stripping them down and then applying feathers with ample photographs taken by patriots who want to take this country back from the plutocracy who simply are evil.   The CEO of this greedy company makes close to 18 million a year, and children are not getting epi pens because of insurance deductibles or where there is no insurance, very dangerous allergies mean life or death.  My wife carries a epi pen because of her allergic reaction to yellow jackets.....life threatening and our nephew had complete organ failures and was in intensive care for three weeks from a bee sting where an epi pen could have immediately saved him from near death.   Tar and feathering.   They have built a police state to protect them, but five or six of these criminal CEOs being tarred and feathered......and by golly American patriots could take this country back.

My sister, along with a myriad of other health problems, is allergic to any type of sting, and also reacts negatively to Benadryl. This is an absence of ethics in business.

http://www.context.org/iclib/ic41/rowe/

Corporations and the Public Interest

A look at how the originally purpose behind corporate charters has been lost

By Jonathan Rowe

dumpcare

http://money.cnn.com/2016/08/25/news/companies/mylan-epipen/

Rolled back after Clinton blast them.

2seaoat

Greed.....rollback to three hundred.....so we have an admission.....big Pharm is just playing with funny money.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

It looks like Mylan may have priced itself out of the market. A small company from San Diego is going to start making an alternative to the Epi-pen, and sell it for less than $100.

The CEO of this company says the ingredient to the epi-pen (epinephrine) costs "less than a Big Mac" and the injector maybe $6-$7 to make.

http://money.cnn.com/2016/08/30/investing/epipen-alternative-100-dollars/index.html?iid=ob_homepage_deskrecommended_pool

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

2seaoat

I hope America will support the new company and this greedy bunch of bastards choke on their stock options as their company goes to the trash heap of history.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

2seaoat wrote:I hope America will support the new company and this greedy bunch of bastards choke on their stock options as their company goes to the trash heap of history.

And the CEO of the San Diego company states that he doesn't need $18 million per year for a salary to live nicely, and he bets he eats just as well as that bitch who runs Mylan.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

2seaoat

I get piszed how rampant children of politicians with their fricking silver spoons get handed positions by wall street where they proceed to rape America, as the regulatory role of congress turns a blind eye.  I have stated clearly the Clinton Foundation does good things which should continue to operate doing those good things, but the Clinton's daughter does not need to be part of the same.

I will have to be very careful on this.  Denny Hasert former speaker of the House who is now in jail for paying three million of hush money to a former student who was molested.  Well how does a retired high school coach have three million dollars to pay off someone.   Simple.   Denny became a lobbyist and made obscene amounts of money representing defense contractors.   Well I get that because he does have experience and expertise, but when his no nothing sons start getting 400k commissions for securing defense contracts, the whole system becomes rotten to the core.   I have first hand knowledge of a military contract where his son collected this commission, and the best part four years later, the military ordered more from this manufacturing company and the SOB called asking them when they would send the next 400k.......the company said sue us......we did not have an agreement on future contracts and acquisitions.......he bothered them for a year threatening law suit.....but the last thing these maggots want is light on the underbelly of government contracts and lobby fees.   This will take years to fix, but it is rampant and widespread.   A Senator from West Virginia and his arrogant daughter hit the jackpot.....for now.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum