Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

A Rod retires from the Yankees this week

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

2seaoat

Number 4 on the home run list, and never has it been more clear that your performance was based on illegal substances.....what a shame that in the end his entire career is brought into question. No farewell tour.....just sitting on the bench for a month as everybody in baseball had it confirmed that he was a cheater.

Sal

Sal

Meh ...

ARod was a sure fire Hall of Famer before he ever took a PED ... much like Barry Bonds.

I took my son as a five-year-old to Cincinnati's park to watch Bonds hit a bomb.

That memory is forever sullied.

Bad men, fucking up a beautiful game.

2seaoat

Agree.....greed is something I understand.....it can turn anybody into something they never realized until it really is too late....how good was good enough for these great athletes......both could have easily made the hall of fame without help, but in A Rod's case when the PEDs were gone....he had nothing.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

I like the Red Sox...planning a trip to Boston the end of the month to see some games.

RealLindaL

Saul Alinsky wrote:Bad men, fucking up a beautiful game.

Sadly so true.

RealLindaL

Joanimaroni wrote:I like the Red Sox...planning a trip to Boston the end of the month to see some games.

My husband likes them, too. Before we were married (many years ago) he and I saw a Red Sox vs. Yankees game at Fenway -- a very special memory.

Telstar

Telstar

I really don't think about A Rod all that much. I'd rather think about Bernie Williams. These days Williams entertains people by playing music on his guitar instead of swinging a bat.

RealLindaL

Telstar wrote:I really don't think about A Rod all that much. I'd rather think about Bernie Williams. These days Williams entertains people by playing music on his guitar instead of swinging a bat.

I don't know who Bernie Williams is but anyone who plays guitar can't be all bad.

Telstar

Telstar

RealLindaL wrote:
Telstar wrote:I really don't think about A Rod all that much. I'd rather think about Bernie Williams. These days Williams entertains people by playing music on his guitar instead of swinging a bat.

I don't know who Bernie Williams is but anyone who plays guitar can't be all bad.  

Really, wow and Bernie was on four World Series winning teams, A Rod only one. Here is Bernie with the Allman Brothers Band.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

RealLindaL wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:I like the Red Sox...planning a trip to Boston the end of the month to see some games.

My husband likes them, too.   Before we were married (many years ago) he and I saw a Red Sox vs. Yankees game at Fenway -- a very special memory.
Would love to see them play the Yankees....but they will be playing Tampa.

RealLindaL

Joanimaroni wrote:Would love to see them play the Yankees....but they will be playing Tampa.

Should still be an exciting game!

RealLindaL

Telstar wrote:
RealLindaL wrote:I don't know who Bernie Williams is but anyone who plays guitar can't be all bad.  

Really, wow and Bernie was on four World Series winning teams, A Rod only one.

Oh, don't mind me, Tel.  I'm just not that big of a sports fan in my old age.   Always liked baseball, but these days don't even watch much of that until World Series playoff time.  Hard to remember specific players on that basis.  
A Rod, of course, made himself stand-out famous, not always for the best reasons (duh).   Plus I believe I spotted him here once at Andrews Institute several years back, which cemented his image in my mind.

Sal

Sal

Pic is from the seats we had on our last trip to Fenway ...

A Rod retires from the Yankees this week Img_4610

My son caught a foul ball.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Saul Alinsky wrote:Pic is from the seats we had on our last trip to Fenway ...

Wow great seats.

Telstar

Telstar

The Green Monster.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Did you buy your tickets beforehand?

Sal

Sal

Joanimaroni wrote:
Did you buy your tickets beforehand?

They were a gift from a client in Boston.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Ok thanks.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum