Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

omigawd!!!

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1omigawd!!! Empty omigawd!!! 9/26/2012, 10:40 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

One of the baby boomer icons will be at the Fair.

omigawd!!! Lil11

Also Morris Day and the Times. Anybody see Blues Brothers!

2omigawd!!! Empty Re: omigawd!!! 9/26/2012, 11:04 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

jesus my memory is really failing me. it just hit me that Morris Day and the Times were Animal House, not Blues Brothers. But goddamnit that makes it even better.

3omigawd!!! Empty Re: omigawd!!! 9/26/2012, 11:18 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Here's my track record at the Fair with these recording legends of my time.
It depends.
Jerry Lee Lewis and Fats Domino are my experience.
Lewis was in his motorhome behind the stage getting shit-faced. They had to carry him onto the stage about a half hour late. And then he could barely perform. But it was Jerry Lee fucking Lewis and I could get to see him close for a few bucks so I didn't care. I loved it.
The other was Fats Domino. Fats was awesome. Looked and performed exactly like he did in my childhood. Had that bling on his fingers with spotlights on it while those fingers glided across that keyboard like nothing else I've ever seen. And his voice was as powerful as 40 years ago.
Lil Richard is now 79 years old. And I have a feeling that he will perform the same way he did in 1957.

4omigawd!!! Empty Re: omigawd!!! 9/26/2012, 11:26 pm

I heard Little Richard for the first(?) time on a 45 record at a sock hop(lol) at the Frank Marston American Legion Post 33 at Barrananca Ave & "G" St.

omigawd!!! Newfront

5omigawd!!! Empty Re: omigawd!!! 9/26/2012, 11:36 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

hallmarkgrad wrote:I heard Little Richard for the first(?) time on a 45 record at a sock hop(lol) at the Frank Marston American Legion Post 33 at Barrananca Ave & "G" St.

omigawd!!! Newfront

I would feel it a privilege if you would join me to see him at the Fair, hallmark.
Let's get together on it.

6omigawd!!! Empty Re: omigawd!!! 9/26/2012, 11:42 pm

Sounds Good You have a PM

7omigawd!!! Empty Re: omigawd!!! 9/27/2012, 8:27 am

This is a neat thread.

Im sure there are lots of really cool stories all could share about going to the fair and listening to cool people.

I love the fair. Just the smell and excitment of going is awesome.

Its cool you two are going together.

8omigawd!!! Empty Re: omigawd!!! 9/27/2012, 8:59 am

I was gonna swat ya for not mentioning Morris Day & the Times, but you saved it right there at the end, Bobby Baby. If I was there I would totally go see them, and furthermore, I would MAKE Miss Az go with me... cuz she wouldn't want to. But after she got there she would have fun. Mama always knows what's best.

WHERE IS THIS FLIPPING AIRPLANE/??? I got a hot date in Colorado!

9omigawd!!! Empty Re: omigawd!!! 9/27/2012, 9:30 am

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I'm all screwed up. I've been thinking Morris Day and the Time was the musical act in Animal House. But I now see that was Otis Day and the Knights.
I'm now no longer sure of who Morris Day and the Time is.

10omigawd!!! Empty Re: omigawd!!! 9/27/2012, 9:35 am

Bob wrote:I'm all screwed up. I've been thinking Morris Day and the Time was the musical act in Animal House. But I now see that was Otis Day and the Knights.

I don't remember either bands, but I loved Animal House.

11omigawd!!! Empty Re: omigawd!!! 9/27/2012, 9:38 am

Bob wrote:I'm all screwed up. I've been thinking Morris Day and the Time was the musical act in Animal House. But I now see that was Otis Day and the Knights.

80s band. Good comic relief

12omigawd!!! Empty Re: omigawd!!! 9/27/2012, 9:44 am

riceme wrote:

80s band. Good comic relief

Speaking of comic relief, I once saw Doug Clark and the Hot Nuts at the National Guard Armory. Through my alcohol-induced daze, I remember them singing Love is a Long and Slender Thing. Razz

13omigawd!!! Empty Re: omigawd!!! 9/27/2012, 9:48 am

Captn Kaoz

Captn Kaoz

Morris Day and the Time were Prince's adversary in the movie "Purple Rain". I should shoot myself for knowing that but I'm originally from Minnesota and Prince got his start at the First Ave Club in downtown Minneapolis.

14omigawd!!! Empty Re: omigawd!!! 9/27/2012, 9:59 am

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Yomama wrote:

I don't remember either bands, but I loved Animal House.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_KWFApICjU&feature=fvwrel

15omigawd!!! Empty Re: omigawd!!! 9/27/2012, 10:04 am

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Yomama wrote:

Speaking of comic relief, I once saw Doug Clark and the Hot Nuts at the National Guard Armory. Through my alcohol-induced daze, I remember them singing Love is a Long and Slender Thing. Razz

"It has been said that the Hot Nuts were the inspiration for the Otis Day and the Knights group in the movie Animal House."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doug_Clark_and_the_Hot_Nuts

Otis Day and Knights was a fictional musical act created for the movie.

16omigawd!!! Empty Re: omigawd!!! 9/27/2012, 10:41 am

Margin Call

Margin Call

Bob wrote:
Yomama wrote:

"It has been said that the Hot Nuts were the inspiration for the Otis Day and the Knights group in the movie Animal House."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doug_Clark_and_the_Hot_Nuts

Otis Day and Knights was a fictional musical act created for the movie.

I saw them play in the 1990s.

17omigawd!!! Empty Re: omigawd!!! 9/27/2012, 1:49 pm

That was a fun video.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum