Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Horrible balloon accident

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Horrible balloon accident Empty Horrible balloon accident 7/30/2016, 5:47 pm

2seaoat

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/hot-air-balloon-catches-fire-crashes-in-texas-16-feared-dead/ar-BBv3FhA?li=BBnb7Kz

I remember the fall of my sophomore year in college going to a "laker" which was basically a keg party in a park where you met new people, drank, and enjoyed youth. Well, I got to know two beautiful young freshman girls who I enjoyed the evening as they were anticipating going skydiving Sunday afternoon. It was with horror on Monday when I read the local papers that I heard the news that their group strayed into high power lines and one of the girls were severely burned and the other died. All the crazy things I had done, I lost my taste for balloons, skydiving, or anything where I could not control or counter the wind. So beautiful, and so young. 16 people trusted that the operator of the balloon had enough sense to operate a balloon. What a needless tragedy.

2Horrible balloon accident Empty Re: Horrible balloon accident 7/30/2016, 6:57 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Terrible tragedy.

3Horrible balloon accident Empty Re: Horrible balloon accident 7/30/2016, 8:09 pm

Markle

Markle

Joanimaroni wrote:Terrible tragedy.

So true.

Seems to me that something broke. Even in hot air balloons, with all the technology now available, if there were wires, they'd have had them highlighted on any navigational system they had on board.

May God comfort their families and loved ones.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum