Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Little bit of good news

+4
Joanimaroni
2seaoat
RealLindaL
Hallmarkgard
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Little bit of good news Empty Little bit of good news 7/28/2016, 5:19 pm

Hallmarkgard

My wifes cancer is not responding to the chemo any more. But we have been accepted for possible participation in a clinical trial at MD Anderson in Houston. Plane tickets bought and daughter will meet us there. Send some good vibes our way that she will be accepted. Leaving August 10th.....

2Little bit of good news Empty Re: Little bit of good news 7/28/2016, 5:30 pm

RealLindaL

This sounds very hopeful, Hallmark, and certainly I'll have fingers and toes -- and anything else that fits -- crossed in the hope your wife is accepted into the trial.  Wish you didn't have to wait until the 10th, but any light on the horizon is better than darkness.  Hang in there and please keep us in the loop as and when you can -- and don't forget to tell your wife we're pulling for her!!
This could be just the break she needs.

3Little bit of good news Empty Re: Little bit of good news 7/28/2016, 5:36 pm

2seaoat

I am so happy. I have prayed for your wife and I believe positive thoughts beget positive actions. The science is rapidly changing and you are going to the best hospital for cancer in the world. For all the crap I give the panhandle, in health care there are quantitative differences, and your wife and her volunteering for this study may save thousands of lives by having the courage and hope to fight the battle. I am rapidly running out of time, and quite frankly Northwestern has not been real responsive because there are no clinical trials yet from Sweden. I have not even bothered to reschedule the cat scans because nobody at my doctor's office or Northwestern has had the common decency to call me back to let me know on approval of the liver scan......no big deal.....the longer I can put off the debulking, the longer I have before the tumors block the air passages and no more debulking is available.

You live a roller coaster, but Anderson is the best......you have no idea how happy this makes me. Astros have a good ball team. Take in a ball game and live and enjoy life. Cherish each day.......celebrate good or bad news you are among the luckiest people fighting cancer to be at the best facility in the world.

4Little bit of good news Empty Re: Little bit of good news 7/28/2016, 5:52 pm

Hallmarkgard

Thanks It is not 100% certain that she will make the final acceptance, that will depend on her on site examination. But the odds are in our favor that she will be accepted. If she isnt, I am going to ask that we been seen as a regular patient as they will have all her records, etc. Our doctor here in Hell agrees and they seem to be receptive to the idea also. So we will have more than one chance to get some results. I just hope she doesn't progress too fast that she will not be able to travel...But all in all it is good news and we now have a plan and a glimmer of hope... Thanks..

5Little bit of good news Empty Re: Little bit of good news 7/28/2016, 9:29 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

All my prayers for your wife.

6Little bit of good news Empty Re: Little bit of good news 7/28/2016, 11:17 pm

Hallmarkgard

Joanimaroni wrote:All my prayers for your wife.

Thank you very much...

7Little bit of good news Empty Re: Little bit of good news 7/29/2016, 8:50 am

Prayers for you, your wife, and family.

8Little bit of good news Empty Re: Little bit of good news 7/29/2016, 9:01 am

All the best..!! Sometimes you can't take no for an answer either... good luck.

9Little bit of good news Empty Re: Little bit of good news 7/29/2016, 4:21 pm

Markle

Markle

My nightly prayers are with your wife, you, and all your loved ones in this difficult time. I pray God will comfort you all and guide your doctors to success.

10Little bit of good news Empty Re: Little bit of good news 7/29/2016, 4:26 pm

Hallmarkgard

Many heartfelt thanks to all of you. It means a lot to me

11Little bit of good news Empty Re: Little bit of good news 7/29/2016, 5:25 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

https://www.mdanderson.org/research/departments-labs-institutes/programs-centers/integrative-medicine-program.html

Little bit of good news The-angels-prayer-angel-egle-wierenga

12Little bit of good news Empty Re: Little bit of good news 7/29/2016, 9:07 pm

Telstar

Telstar

Sending healing thoughts and praying for a clear horizon Hallmark.

13Little bit of good news Empty Re: Little bit of good news 7/30/2016, 11:08 am

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Hallmarkgard wrote: Send  some good vibes our way that she will be accepted.  

Please give her my best and my best to you too. MD Anderson is the place to be.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum