Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Breaking: MOSBY HUMILIATED – ALL CHARGES DROPPED Against Remaining Officers in Freddie Gray Case

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Markle

Markle

Even I said these six police officers should be prosecuted way back when it happened. Not something I usually do, I usually wait for all the FACTS. This time, I felt safe because it seemed so obvious. However, the state's attorney made such a muck up of the prosecution that FOUR we declared NOT GUILTY and now they just dropped the whole thing.

Breaking: MOSBY HUMILIATED – ALL CHARGES DROPPED Against Remaining Officers in Freddie Gray Case

Jim Hoft Jul 27th, 2016 9:17 am

Baltimore State’s Attorney Marilyn Mosby charged six local police officers with murder and manslaughter in the death of serial criminal Freddie Gray on May 1, 2015.

CBS Local reported:

All charges have been dismissed against all the officers who still faced trial in connection with the death of 25-year-old Freddie Gray last April.

The prosecutors’ decision came at a pretrial motions hearing for Officer Garrett Miller, who faced charges of second-degree assault, misconduct in office and reckless endangerment.

Four Baltimore officers had already stood trial in connection to Gray’s death.

Three were acquitted by Judge Barry Williams: Officer Edward Nero, Officer Caesar Goodson Jr. and Lt. Brian Rice.

Officer William Porter, who had a mistrial in December, and Officer Alicia White, were set to undergo their retrial and trial, respectively, later this year, but the charges against them have also been dropped.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2016/07/breaking-charges-dropped-remaining-officers-freddie-gray-case/

2seaoat

The only humiliation is when police officers do not go to trial like other Americans. The system works. The officers were given fair trials and they walked as free men. Freddie G remains dead. In America all we ask for is justice. Justice usually requires a trial.......not like in Pensacola where a black kid can get tazed from a moving squad car and ran over like a dog, and instead of taking the case to a grand jury.......they hold an inquest and skate around taking it to the proper grand jury. No America is fed up with special privileges. The system works when each American faces a fair trial.

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:The only humiliation is when police officers do not go to trial like other Americans. The system works. The officers were given fair trials and they walked as free men. Freddie G remains dead. In America all we ask for is justice. Justice usually requires a trial.......not like in Pensacola where a black kid can get tazed from a moving squad car and ran over like a dog, and instead of taking the case to a grand jury.......they hold an inquest and skate around taking it to the proper grand jury. No America is fed up with special privileges. The system works when each American faces a fair trial.

This has nothing to do with Pensacola. Try to keep on subject whoever you are.

The charges were all dropped before all of them went to trial. At the time I agreed that they all should face charges. Rare for me to do.

Baltimore State’s Attorney Marilyn Mosby mishandled the entire fiasco from the time of the incident, through the four trials. She screwed the pooch and should resign to prevent the city from further embarrassment. If I'm not mistaken, those officers were also fired. My guess is that the city of Baltimore is going to settle with each of the officers for very large sums.

Would you agree or not with my supposition that at least 90% of shootings would be eliminated IF the victim had simply followed the instructions of the officer?

NO one disagrees with the fact that there are a few officers, due to any number of reasons, who violated their oath of office and the law by illegally shooting or otherwise harming a citizen. In every case, they should be prosecuted.

I also believe that the officers involved are due the benefit of the doubt. How else could they do their job? Would you do it?

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Nope, can't agree there. You have made it a point to demonize the black people who were killed by police and to call them thugs, including their parents, who had the fortitude to come forward and talk about things they can hardly bear...the death of their children at the hands of police.

I just saw a black teacher in Austin get dragged out of her car and slammed repeatedly to the ground; then a lecture by the cops on the way to the jail about how black people are the problem because they commit the crimes and are violent. WTF?

If you're Caucasian, or even look Caucasian, the guidelines for dealing with police might work...not in every case. But if you're black, compliance is no guarantee of anything. We saw it in the case of the other Texas man who was carrying, and declared the gun as he was supposed to do, and the policeman shot him...WHY?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum