Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

GOP intellectual

+2
2seaoat
dumpcare
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1GOP intellectual  Empty GOP intellectual 7/26/2016, 11:26 am

dumpcare

Good Read by a GOP intellectual this man has it right.

http://www.vox.com/2016/7/25/12256510/republican-party-trump-avik-roy

2GOP intellectual  Empty Re: GOP intellectual 7/26/2016, 11:32 am

2seaoat

"The gravitational center of the Republican Party is white nationalism”

Bingo

3GOP intellectual  Empty Re: GOP intellectual 7/26/2016, 12:22 pm

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

But not one of these writers, smart as they are, has been able to explain what actual political constituency could bring about this pure conservatism in practice. The fact is that limited government conservatism is not especially appealing to nonwhite Americans, whereas liberalism and social democracy are. The only ones for whom conservatism is a natural fit are Roy’s “cranky old white people” — and they’re dying off.

Maybe Roy and company will be able to solve this problem. I hope they do. America needs a viable, intellectually serious right-of-center party.

Because we now know what the alternative looks like. It’s Donald Trump.

The above is the last part of the article you posted. So, what is the answer? Does real conservatism meet the needs of a new cross section of Americans? If all this talk about the death of the Republican Party is true why does Trump have such a following? Nate Silver has just come out with a (granted and thankfully) snapshot poll showing that if the election were to be held today that Trump would win. He's talking electoral college numbers. Should scare any of the folks who are feeling pissy about our choices and may decide to not vote.

http://www.alternet.org/election-2016/shock-poll-nate-silvers-election-forecast-now-has-trump-winning?akid=14471.310455.3oAIDB&rd=1&src=newsletter1060784&t=4

4GOP intellectual  Empty Re: GOP intellectual 7/26/2016, 12:24 pm

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

2seaoat wrote:"The gravitational center of the Republican Party is white nationalism”

Bingo

The article nails it.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

5GOP intellectual  Empty Re: GOP intellectual 7/26/2016, 12:38 pm

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
2seaoat wrote:"The gravitational center of the Republican Party is white nationalism”

Bingo

The article nails it.

The article seems to nail the current condition of the GOP but if that is true how is it that Trump's numbers are so high? Are there more angry white voters than we think there are? If not, who is joining them to push these new numbers? Where are these people coming from? I don't like being surprised in this way. If we don't know who they really are we can't figure out how to move them to our point of view. That's the question the article asks but doesn't answer it just might make us feel complacent.

6GOP intellectual  Empty Re: GOP intellectual 7/26/2016, 1:41 pm

Sal

Sal

It is somewhat startling that there are that many poorly-educated, low-income, white people who are attracted to an authoritarian fascist.

7GOP intellectual  Empty Re: GOP intellectual 7/26/2016, 2:52 pm

2seaoat

The good news is that college educated white men are supporting Clinton. Education is so important. Mind numbing poverty, low achieving students, a culture of underachievement, historical oppression and tyranny frame low IQ white voters streaming to Trump. This election is about morality. I saw one Baptist Church in North Birmingham telling me that the four little girls were blown up in church because of "outside agitators", yet my minister in the Congregational church I belonged talked about tolerance and peace.........how can men of the cloth ignore the clear warning to render onto Caesar what is Caesar's.........when every church has become a political lobby.......enough.....get the F out of politics.....and how about talking about morality......simple morality.......

8GOP intellectual  Empty Re: GOP intellectual 7/26/2016, 3:11 pm

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Saul Alinsky wrote:It is somewhat startling that there are that many poorly-educated, low-income, white people who are attracted to an authoritarian fascist.

One of the best reasons to support tuition free state institutions of higher learning!!!

9GOP intellectual  Empty Re: GOP intellectual 7/26/2016, 3:58 pm

dumpcare

othershoe1030 wrote:
ZVUGKTUBM wrote:

Bingo

The article nails it.

The article seems to nail the current condition of the GOP but if that is true how is it that Trump's numbers are so high? Are there more angry white voters than we think there are? If not, who is joining them to push these new numbers? Where are these people coming from? I don't like being surprised in this way. If we don't know who they really are we can't figure out how to move them to our point of view. That's the question the article asks but doesn't answer it just might make us feel complacent.

Well from just around my life the ones for him are all white and pretty much racists, a doctor, an MBA, a couple with a college degree and then high school educations. The doctor does not like Obama or Hillary because of obamacare. The rest I believe feel the whites should have all the good jobs and different races the menial jobs.

10GOP intellectual  Empty Re: GOP intellectual 7/26/2016, 5:28 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

"GOP intellectuals" is an oxymoron.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum