Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Not a bad check

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Not a bad check  Empty Not a bad check 7/23/2016, 11:14 pm

Hallmarkgard

Why people work in the Chicago area  Of course here, we can work for Studer  LOL

Type
Regular
Overtime
PTO
Total Pay
Tax+Deds
Net Pay
Deposit
Check Amt
Hours
Pay

2Not a bad check  Empty Re: Not a bad check 7/23/2016, 11:42 pm

2seaoat

It is where Eastern Europeans are flocking. Ukrainians, Lithuainians, Moldavians, Romanians, Germans, Bulgarians, and the largest group of Poles outside Poland. They love the melting pot, and they love their hockey. We see a great many of them at this campground we visit called White Pines.....they come to Northwestern Illinois because it reminds them of their homeland. In one generation they will be Americans......white Americans, yet the Hispanic family who have been citizens in this country for 125 years are second class citizens, and the blacks who have been Americans since the Civil War, and no matter how achieved will be stained and judged by the color of their skin......but they all came to Chicago for opportunity and education......and loyalty......the Chicago way is ingrained in immigrant and native......it is contagious......the city of broad shoulders.

Chicago created Hollywood, and almost anything culturally worth talking about.....it is the center of the universe. The tourist buses fill the streets when I visit Northwestern as the streets are flooded with young people absorbing the city, the excitement, the art and culture. It is the center of the universe.

i will be going to a White Sox game in August, and we usually go to Greektown, or Chinatown where the experiences are wonderful. I want to go one last time to the Art Museum, and sit by Buckingham fountain one last time as my father introduced me to the same as a child.....one more time taking the grandkids to the 95th floor of the Hancock Center for lunch, and a walk around Navy Pier. One special walk at Wabash and Jackson, and a ride on the L........tough gritty and alive.

3Not a bad check  Empty Re: Not a bad check 7/29/2016, 5:43 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Both a young friend of my family and my great niece were in Chicago last week...one for a music festival and the other for a wedding. My niece loves photography and shared some beautiful photos w/me. My family friend is both artist and musician...so I can't wait to see what he makes of this experience.

4Not a bad check  Empty Re: Not a bad check 7/29/2016, 6:11 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote:

Chicago created Hollywood

Well for once you've provided something interesting. I didn't know this until you mentioned it and I googled it. Interesting.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/entertainment/movies/ct-archive-when-chicago-and-essanay-films-created-hollywood-20150521-story.html

5Not a bad check  Empty Re: Not a bad check 7/30/2016, 4:10 pm

2seaoat

The great melting pot incubators of this country have produced remarkable things. I cherish what I have learned from so many diverse people. I grew up with a Grandmother who felt an third generation Italian Catholic family who lived next door to her were "fureners", well those fureners made America great, and continue to make America great.......but those folks who created the atom bomb under Stagg field and created Hollywood exploded in the Chicago incubator of education and excellence.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum