Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Malware notification on this website

+5
Markle
2seaoat
Hospital Bob
Floridatexan
Wordslinger
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

My security program wants to shut down this website every time I connect for "phishing malware." Am I the only one getting this notice?

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Wordslinger wrote:My security program wants to shut down this website every time I connect for "phishing malware."  Am I the only one getting this notice?

Do you have an anti-malware program on your computer? I use Malwarebytes.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Often when I visit this website, with either my desktop PC or my smartphone, I get malware which claims to be microsoft telling me I need to call them and pay for removal. It happens ONLY when I visit this forum.

2seaoat

I have to do scans with Norton, but oddly it only takes She Writes posts off my computer, I think she may be a Bot.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Here's the popup I keep getting when I open the forum website.
It comes with an audio message playing claiming it's affiliated with microsoft
and I need to call that number.
So I called the number and told the raghead on the other end of the phone that I was going to piss on Allah and Mohammed.

Malware notification on this website Spam10

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Now it just gave me this one...

Malware notification on this website Spam211

Markle

Markle

Wordslinger wrote:My security program wants to shut down this website every time I connect for "phishing malware."  Am I the only one getting this notice?

I had the same notices earlier today. They seem to be trying to force you to buy another anti-malware program.

I have Malwarebytes which has served me well for many years. I went to another site for a couple hours and now this is clear.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

This forum website is stinking with malware and viruses.

Sal

Sal

It's not malware nor a virus.

It's a particularly annoying type of pop-up ad.

If you don't want to see it, get an ad blocker or an Apple product.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Bob wrote:Here's the popup I keep getting when I open the forum website.
It comes with an audio message playing claiming it's affiliated with microsoft
and I need to call that number.
So I called the number and told the raghead on the other end of the phone that I was going to piss on Allah and Mohammed.

Malware notification on this website Spam10

I get the same one and others...... It has been happening for about 3 days now. It does not happen at other websites and happens at this website using any browser.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Bob wrote:Now it just gave me this one...

I have seen this one as well.

I use Malwaebytes (paid version) and Webroot Antivirus. Running Malwarebytes does not solve the problem with this issue.

Sal

Sal

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
Bob wrote:Now it just gave me this one...

I have seen this one as well.

I use Malwaebytes (paid version) and Webroot Antivirus. Running Malwarebytes does not solve the problem with this issue.

Because it's a pop-up ad.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

I use ad blocker too. I remember being really annoyed with this website before I added it. Just don't click on it...clear your cache, run your anti-malware and restart...and use ad block.

RealLindaL

I recently read an article by a computer guru type saying that all one has to do is turn off the computer and the problem disappears.   Of course Sal would say that's because it's just a pop-up, which does make some sense.

Can't vouch for it, as it hasn't happened to me (though I do have Adblocker Plus).

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

RealLindaL wrote:I recently read an article by a computer guru type saying that all one has to do is turn off the computer and the problem disappears.   Of course Sal would say that's because it's just a pop-up, which does make some sense.

Can't vouch for it, as it hasn't happened to me (though I do have Adblocker Plus).

I've rebooted a dozen times to no avail. But I will get the adblocker.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Many thanks to Sal, Linda and FlTexan. I installed adblocker plus and it seems to have done the trick.

https://adblockplus.org/en/firefox

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Bob wrote:Many thanks to Sal,  Linda and FlTexan.   I installed adblocker plus and it seems to have done the trick.

I also installed it. Someone should notify forumotion.com that its forums are being hijacked like that. I have also noticed that Malwarebytes has been blocking "outbound traffic" when I bring this site up.

RealLindaL

Bob wrote:Many thanks to Sal,  Linda and FlTexan.   I installed adblocker plus and it seems to have done the trick.

Bob, that's great!  Good for you and thanks for letting us know.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Many thanks to you all, now I know what to do!!

dumpcare

Bob wrote:Often when I visit this website,  with either my desktop PC or my smartphone,  I get malware which claims to be microsoft telling me I need to call them and pay for removal.  It happens ONLY when I visit this forum.

I have been receiving the same as word the past few days and says my computer is locked and I'll have to pay, I have just been shutting off my computer as it will not let me just x out. I just downloaded adblocker that Bob suggested.

I also have and had malwarbytes (which hasn't worked on this site) norton 360 and pop up blocker on and nothing worked for this site except adblocker.

Thanks Bob

There's a free app for phones too... but if you paid for the pro version you probably get several devices.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Boards, are you responsible for this site? Can it be cleaned?

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I got another unexpected benefit from installing adblocker.
For several months my PC has gone into goofy mode. After I've been on the net for about 15 minutes, I started getting these popups which ask me either to "continue script" or make two other choices. But regardless of which choice I make my browser then freezes up and I have to reboot to be able to use the browser again. But that lasted only a short time and I had to keep rebooting over and over. It was causing me to go crazy.
Adblocker seems to have ended that too.

RealLindaL

Wow Bob, that's sure good to hear.  Glad for you.  Makes me wonder what I'd be seeing on my PC if I DIDN'T have Adblocker -- but I don't really wanna know.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum