Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

SEALS jump into Dodger Stadium- watch about 40 seconds into video where chute opens on first guy who jumps

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-big-league-stew/navy-seal-jumps-dodger-stadium-while-wearing-point-171730183--mlb.html

His risers are crossed upon opening. That seems as if someone didn't do their rigger checks correctly or maybe it was packed in a hurry. That bothered me a bit.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

That stadium looked like a mighty small target from up there....

I have never jumped a Elliptical type chute. I used to jump a T10 with a double L. It dropped way too fast for me. But I bought it cheap(wonder why). I made about 10 or so jumps then I lost my nerve and quit. I blamed it on other things. Those guys are really good. I bet there are a lot of tricky air currents and other things to contend with. I damn sure could not do it.

The round C-9 canopies have a four line jettison that delivers some steerability, but very negligible compared to the ram air chute used by the SEALS in the video.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum