Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

I make use of this more than any other single address on the internet

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

https://donate.wikimedia.org/wiki/Special:LandingCheck?landing_page=L12_0924_10S_JW&utm_medium=sitenotice&utm_campaign=C12_0925_2011SRep_FR&utm_source=B12_0925_btPf_US&language=en&country=US

Yella

Yella

Bob wrote:https://donate.wikimedia.org/wiki/Special:LandingCheck?landing_page=L12_0924_10S_JW&utm_medium=sitenotice&utm_campaign=C12_0925_2011SRep_FR&utm_source=B12_0925_btPf_US&language=en&country=US

Bob, this thread has failed. No one is interested in how come it is so damn cool for you.Why not start one on the strange sex habits of the nocturnal civit cats of Lower Slobbovia. Since hardly anything is known about them you can make it all up and people will flock to your thread and be wildly entertained.

http://warpedinblue,blogspot.com/

Yella wrote:
Bob wrote:https://donate.wikimedia.org/wiki/Special:LandingCheck?landing_page=L12_0924_10S_JW&utm_medium=sitenotice&utm_campaign=C12_0925_2011SRep_FR&utm_source=B12_0925_btPf_US&language=en&country=US

Bob, this thread has failed. No one is interested in how come it is so damn cool for you.Why not start one on the strange sex habits of the nocturnal civit cats of Lower Slobbovia. Since hardly anything is known about them you can make it all up and people will flock to your thread and be wildly entertained.

sex habits? did someone say sex habits?

I happen to be doing a study on sex habits... pirat

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Yella wrote:

Bob, this thread has failed

wikipedia is arguably the most important communications tool human beings have ever possessed. well only after the internet search engines themselves.

wiki will probably have to go to advertising to survive. and that's okay if it can remain independent of the advertisers. dunno if that can happen.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

You may not know it but the person behind wikipedia is a redneck like us. Born in Huntsville (where neko lives).

Wales was born in Huntsville, Alabama, on August 7, 1966.[3][8] His father, Jimmy,[9] worked as a grocery store manager, while his mother, Doris, and his grandmother, Erma, ran the House of Learning,[10] a small private school in the tradition of the one-room schoolhouse, where Wales and his three siblings received their early education.[10][11] As a child, Wales was a keen reader with an acute intellectual curiosity[5] and, in what he credits to the influence of the Montessori method on the school’s philosophy of education, "spent lots of hours pouring [sic] over the Britannicas and World Book Encyclopedias." There were only four other children in Wales’ grade, so the school grouped together the first through fourth grade students and the fifth through eighth grade students. As an adult, Wales was sharply critical of the government’s treatment of the school, citing the “constant interference and bureaucracy and very sort of snobby inspectors from the state” as a formative influence on his political philosophy.[12]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jimmy_Wales

I gave em $25.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Google might have close to a million servers. Yahoo has something like 12,000 staff. We have 641 servers and 134 employees.

Wikipedia is the #5 site on the web and serves 482 million different people every month – with billions of page views.

Commerce is fine. Advertising is not evil. But it doesn't belong here. Not in Wikipedia.

Wikipedia is something special. It is like a library or a public park. It is like a temple for the mind. It is a place we can all go to think, to learn, to share our knowledge with others.

When I founded Wikipedia, I could have made it into a for-profit company with advertising banners, but I decided to do something different. We’ve worked hard over the years to keep it lean and tight. We fulfill our mission, and leave waste to others.

If everyone reading this donated $5, we would only have to fundraise for one day a year. But not everyone can or will donate. And that's fine. Each year just enough people decide to give.

This year, please consider making a donation of $5, $20, $50 or whatever you can to protect and sustain Wikipedia.

Thanks,

Jimmy Wales
Wikipedia Founder

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Thread constipation, You tried everything..laxatives, humor, pleading but sometimes threads just have shit backed up and no where to go...like this one..then it's best to just waste it...put it down......

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

TEOTWAWKI wrote:Thread constipation, You tried everything..laxatives, humor, pleading but sometimes threads just have shit backed up and no where to go...like this one..then it's best to just waste it...put it down......
I didn't really give the $25. Thought about it though. lol

Bob wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:Thread constipation, You tried everything..laxatives, humor, pleading but sometimes threads just have shit backed up and no where to go...like this one..then it's best to just waste it...put it down......
I didn't really give the $25. Thought about it though. lol

Thre goes my faith in humanity. I figured that, if BOB would donate, he was an alright guy. It just goes to show you... what, I dunno. jocolor

Yella wrote:

Really.When I read it I thought .....who gives a rat's ass?

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Yomama wrote:

Thre goes my faith in humanity. I figured that, if BOB would donate, he was an alright guy. It just goes to show you... what, I dunno. jocolor
Take a look at your email. I believe in giving is better than receiving. But I tend to concentrate on my friends. I know for certain who they are.
But the guy from Huntsville is like anybody else I don't really know. After 63 years on earth I'm just too jaded to make that leap of trust with strangers.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum