Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

For Telstar: Truth, Trump, and the Poetics of Professional Wrestling

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

This is a very astute article...

http://openhumanitiespress.org/feedback/theory/truth-trump-wrestling/

Telstar

Telstar

Interesting Bob thanks for posting but I wish they mentioned Jessie Ventura winning Governor of Minnesota and Linda McMahon dropping a bundle on two losing Senate runs. I still wonder why Hulk Hogan was booted from the WWE Hall of Fame for using racist remarks but Trump isn't. Two time champion Bobby Backlund is making the rounds pushing his new book. He did a push over 20 years ago about running for President. If I get a chance I'll ask him what he thinks of Trump.

polecat

polecat

There is a movement to oust Trump at the GOP convention and nominate a Republican with a more nuanced racist message.- Andy Borowitz

Telstar

Telstar

Bob wrote:This is a very astute article...

http://openhumanitiespress.org/feedback/theory/truth-trump-wrestling/

I found out there already is a petition to boot Trump out of the hall of fame. McMahon will just ignore it. Sure he'll toss out guys like Hulk Hogan and Superfly Snuka. To McMahon they are just has been ham and eggers that carried him and his WWE to the top on their backs but now he can kick them to the curb. He will never treat Trump that way because Trump can force McMahon to join Trumps kiss my ass club. If the fans really want Trump out of the HOF they should boycott the WWE events, products and brand. You don't hear much from Rush Limbaugh after they started boycotting his show and sponsors. After all isn't what Mr. McMahon is doing in the clip pretty much what Trump is forcing the GOP to do?

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Telstar wrote:

I found out there already is a petition to boot Trump out of the hall of fame. McMahon will just ignore it. Sure he'll toss out guys like Hulk Hogan and Superfly Snuka. To McMahon they are just has been ham and eggers that carried him and his WWE to the top on their backs but now he can kick them to the curb. He will never treat Trump that way because Trump can force McMahon to join Trumps kiss my ass club. If the fans really want Trump out of the HOF they should boycott the WWE events, products and brand. You don't hear much from Rush Limbaugh after they started boycotting his show and sponsors. After all isn't what Mr. McMahon is doing in the clip pretty much what Trump is forcing the GOP to do?

Superfly Snuka would wipe the floor with that Trump asshole.  Didn't Superfly murder his girlfriend in real life or something?

For Telstar:   Truth, Trump, and the Poetics of Professional Wrestling Superf10

Telstar

Telstar

I remember the story was fishy when it broke. No big news because back then wrestling wasn't family entertainment like it's called now. It was forgotten about and Snuka went on to a shoot with Piper cracking a coconut on his head. I forgot that even Ali was involved with WWE and I hear McMahon pushed that even though his daddy was still in charge. Didn't notice if anyone from the WWE was at the memorial yesterday.

http://www.mcall.com/news/breaking/mc-jimmy-superfly-snuka-competency-day-three-20160520-story.html

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I gotta tell you a personal story.
This would have been between 1964 and 1967 because that's when I was in high school and that's when it happened.
Back then,  WEAR Channel 3 did a Saturday rasslin show that originated at the tv station.
Some outlaw friends and me were looking for something to do and decided to go down and be in the audience.
When we got there,  the first thing I noticed was what a deception the studio was.
Because of how they always pointed the cameras,  on the tv set at home it looked Madison Square Garden.  But when you walked in,  all you saw was a small set of portable bleachers on one side of the ring that seated two or three dozen spectators.

Anyways,  they go on the air and the matches start.  And that's when I guess we got a little rowdy.  We were standing up and screaming insults at the rasslers and it got so boisterous that it drowned out the announcer.  A friend later who watched it at home said the microphones picked all of it up and he could make out me and two others screaming the insults.
And then we started aiming all of it at one of the rasslers.  I think it was because he had the silliest shtick.
And then I really cut loose and started daring him to come get me. I was calling him chicken shit and the rest.  
Of course we all knew the rasslers weren't allowed to do anything about it.  But then he did stop rasslin and start yelling at me.  I then dared him real loudly to come into the bleachers.
Sure enough, he jumped out of the ring and was coming up the bleachers at me.  I ran in the other direction and jumped off the top row and took off like a rabbit out of the studio.  
I will never know if he was bluffing or he actually woulda hurt me.  lol

Telstar

Telstar

I doubt he would do anything on camera. If he caught you in the parking lot maybe. I saw Chief Jay Strongbow chase a fan in the parking lot. A referee told me that Ivan Putsky was a real pain in the ass out of the ring. George Animal Steele was a professor so he usually wrestled in the Summertime. I wouldn't taunt any of the current wrestlers, they are all so juiced.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum