Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

More GoM acres being auctioned off for development

+2
Floridatexan
ZVUGKTUBM
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

http://gcaptain.com/million-central-gulf-acres-auctioned/

Good or bad?

If the oil is there, I guess we ought to get it out. I just don't want them cutting corners like BP did.

Is the solution better governmental oversight? I hate to bloat the gubment any more than it is, but leaving BP to police itself sure didn't work too well. What's a good balance of sound management and governmental oversight?

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

I would rather we drill for oil here than make war for it somewhere else in the world.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:I would rather we drill for oil here than make war for it somewhere else in the world.

I appreciate your practical approach to the situation. You look at the reality, but at the same time, you're always...stress that...looking for alternative solutions. The problem is...and we probably knew it then, in the 60's, 70's and 80's...that entrenched interests have all along been manipulating the laws in their favor. But it's not, as some have suggested, the fault of the majority of the baby boomers...just a certain few, and they're the same ones who advocated for war but didn't go, or, as in the case of a certain banker co-worker of mine, went to GERMANY in the Vietnam era. Of course, he was ROTC and an officer...blah, blah, blah. The thing that ended the Vietnam War? The draft lottery in 1969. All of a sudden, the sons of the wealthy were being called up. Tell me I'm wrong.

And Z, you're one of the most forward thinking people I know.

Is is better to drill here? It doesn't matter to the oil companies; they can earn their money anywhere in the world, and don't think for a split second that any of their executives care where it comes from or who they have to buy off to get it. I'm afraid that offshore drilling has gotten out of control. We know that BP, Shell, Exxon, etc. are not known for their safety records. The Deepwater Horizon could be just the first of their "mistakes".\

And, BTW, I hope there are criminal charges there.

johndough wrote:http://gcaptain.com/million-central-gulf-acres-auctioned/

Good or bad?

well first Id like to point out the hyocrasy of the left on this. Normally they would be screaming at how the republicans are killing the earth.

with that out of the way. If we are going to do it, I want the oil to actually not be sold on the open market. I want the oil to stay in America's hands only for our benefit.

Sal

Sal

Rogue wrote:
If we are going to do it, I want the oil to actually not be sold on the open market. I want the oil to stay in America's hands only for our benefit.

commie

salinsky wrote:
Rogue wrote:
If we are going to do it, I want the oil to actually not be sold on the open market. I want the oil to stay in America's hands only for our benefit.

commie

sure, whatever.

if we grow some corn am I am commie for wanting that to stay in americans mouths too?

salinsky wrote:
Rogue wrote:

commie

Poser

Sal

Sal

Rogue wrote:
if we grow some corn am I am commie for wanting that to stay in americans mouths too?

Of course.

Free markets, invisible hand, and so on and so forth.

10More GoM acres being auctioned off for development Empty Big Oil's Empty Jobs Promises 9/25/2012, 9:58 am

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Floridatexan wrote:And, BTW, I hope there are criminal charges there.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/09/05/us-bp-oilspill-negligence-idUSBRE88401E20120905

The U.S. Justice Department is ramping up its rhetoric against BP PLC for the massive 2010 oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico, describing in new court papers examples of what it calls "gross negligence and willful misconduct."

By the way, FT. Every time I see your avatar, I think of a band called "It's a Beautiful Day". One of their album covers looks similar.

More GoM acres being auctioned off for development 42-2410

More GoM acres being auctioned off for development 13028510

NaNook

NaNook

Floridatexan wrote:
ZVUGKTUBM wrote:I would rather we drill for oil here than make war for it somewhere else in the world.

I appreciate your practical approach to the situation. You look at the reality, but at the same time, you're always...stress that...looking for alternative solutions. The problem is...and we probably knew it then, in the 60's, 70's and 80's...that entrenched interests have all along been manipulating the laws in their favor. But it's not, as some have suggested, the fault of the majority of the baby boomers...just a certain few, and they're the same ones who advocated for war but didn't go, or, as in the case of a certain banker co-worker of mine, went to GERMANY in the Vietnam era. Of course, he was ROTC and an officer...blah, blah, blah. The thing that ended the Vietnam War? The draft lottery in 1969. All of a sudden, the sons of the wealthy were being called up. Tell me I'm wrong.

Is is better to drill here? It doesn't matter to the oil companies; they can earn their money anywhere in the world, and don't think for a split second that any of their executives care where it comes from or who they have to buy off to get it. I'm afraid that offshore drilling has gotten out of control. We know that BP, Shell, Exxon, etc. are not known for their safety records. The Deepwater Horizon could be just the first of their "mistakes".\

What a complete misunderstanding of the Oil E&P Industry. If Obama had approved Keystone there would no need to drill. Notice the sale takes place AFTER the ELECTION? Are you really ready to blame, " BP, Shell, Exxon" ?

Forgive me for laughing in your face !!!

Are you not aware of contract drilling? RIG is the best, hands down, driller in the world, period. Prove me wrong...

Do you actually think the CEO of a major drilling company wakes up in the morning hoping one of his multi-million dollar rigs will blow-up causing a loss of life? Remember, most successful companies self-insure 40-50% of any loss.

I suggest you put down the talking points and think.

Have a great day Very Happy

Markle

Markle

Floridatexan wrote:

Due to the failed policies of President Barack Hussein Obama the Middle East is exploding.

And you don't think it's better to have more oil from our own country and Canada? Really?

We have been drilling for oil for how many years? Now the Deepwater Horizon "could" be just the first of their mistakes? Then I guess it COULD also be the last.

the result was horrendous but a fraction of what many had forecast.

Do you realize that in the Gulf of Mexico and the East and West Coast there is more oil natural seepage than all other sources combined. One could theorize that by drilling and removing some of the oil, the pressure is relieved and less leaks into the water.

salinsky wrote:
Rogue wrote:

Of course.

Free markets, invisible hand, and so on and so forth.

your idea of free markets must mean something completly different than mine. I dont think globally. I refer to internally.

I dont want global markets to dictate that we have to sell oil that comes from our country to another country because of some global treaty.

its american land, its american oil. americans are taking the risk of allowing it to come to fruition so americans should have first dibs on it.

and again, do you consider me a commie if all the food we grow here stays here, or should we put that too on your global market, free market as you say lol

america should be able to take care of thier own first.

Yella

Yella

Rogue wrote:

Good or bad?

well first Id like to point out the hyocrasy of the left on this. Normally they would be screaming at how the republicans are killing the earth.

with that out of the way. If we are going to do it, I want the oil to actually not be sold on the open market. I want the oil to stay in America's hands only for our benefit.

Good idea except the Oil Companies only want to drill here because they can make more money on it. Its cheaper to get it out here and then sell it for the same as they had drilled for it 12,000 miles away. Drill, baby, drill!

http://warpedinblue,blogspot.com/

NaNook

NaNook

[quote="Yella"]
Rogue wrote:

Good or bad?

Good idea except the Oil Companies only want to drill here because they can make more money on it. Its cheaper to get it out here and then sell it for the same as they had drilled for it 12,000 miles away. Drill, baby, drill![/quote

What DRILLERS sell oil on the open market? Do you get it?????????

Do you have any understanding of the OIL INDUSTRY?

OIL/Gas..prices are traded in Chicago, is OBAMA responsible?

Yella wrote:
Rogue wrote:

Good or bad?

Good idea except the Oil Companies only want to drill here because they can make more money on it. Its cheaper to get it out here and then sell it for the same as they had drilled for it 12,000 miles away. Drill, baby, drill!

well, that deal is not going to work for me. we can drill baby drill all day long, but i want us to enjoy the juice when it comes a spewin Razz

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum