Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

ADP Employment Report: 173,000 jobs added to the economy in May

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

boards of FL

boards of FL

http://mam.econoday.com/byshoweventfull.asp?fid=472128&cust=mam&year=2016&lid=0&prev=/byweek.asp#top

The May employment report isn't expected to be very strong but it may not prove, in contrast to expectations, to be any weaker than April, at least based on ADP's estimate for private payrolls which comes in at 173,000 vs ADP's revised 166,000 for April. The Econoday consensus for private payrolls in tomorrow's government report is noticeably lower, at 150,000 vs May's 171,000. ADP has been very accurate so far this year and today's results are bound to have forecasters wondering if they should boost their estimates, at least perhaps slightly, for tomorrow's big report.

2seaoat

I was listening to the Fox investment channel and it was hilarious. They were talking about how President Obama's popularity is now ahead of Reagan when he was in the White House at this point, and how the American public is happy with his economic policies. The Analyst went ape chit that the entire recovery has been a failure, that the growth has netted out to a average 2% a year, and how Obamacare is failing across America.......I almost felt sorry for them when the one analyst basically said that the American public gets what the President has done, and they get that the Affordable Care Act is not all the negative things which have been propagandized, and they feel our economy and policies have been highly successful. Then they pile onto the analyst about how wrong she is, and she responds.....well what about the stock market........ah ah ah....I guess you can say that the President has been successful with stock market prices, but that does not count for anything.......which she basically smiled and said all the retirement funds, all the business investment in this country, and now stock market prices over the last eight years do not count......she was a conservative analyst......I think even some of the folks who have been feeding pure crap propaganda on the failure of this President are feeling pressure that they are out of step. As a Republican who did not vote for the President, I am counting him as one of the best Presidents in my lifetime. He just is an intelligent, calm and patient guy who has proved that a "community organizer" is pretty damn good at what he has done.

It's what you get when you throw 10 trillion air dollars at a problem. You kick the can down the road for future generations. The interest alone will lower their standard of living... perhaps being our single largest national expense in the not to distant future. That burden will eclipse the "great recession" in significance to the average citizen... and that's assuming that we don't relapse. In that case doubling the debt was for nothing. It didn't help the average citizen... the money should've atleast mitigated the underwater homeowners.

2seaoat

I agree the President's economic policies after the horrific and historical economic crash following the Bush policies of lowering taxes and spending off budget in two wars were not perfect......the clunkers program was counter productive, but on whole his decisive actions have lead to eight years of economic stability and a significant decrease in our running deficits. He will be held in high esteem in history. The propaganda and lies have failed to fool the American Public and when they were saying his popularity is now greater than Reagan's at the same time in his presidency......it is not by accident......Americans get what he has done.

dumpcare

You know I always wonder how many of these jobs this time of year are just seasonal and raises the count every May, June and July and then in the fall the report drops. There are million's of seasonal jobs.

boards of FL

boards of FL

Both the ADP report that this thread mentions and tomorrow's BLS Employment Situation report are seasonally adjusted, so the numbers aren't skewed by seasonal employment.

This is a direct link to today's report:

http://www.adpemploymentreport.com/2016/May/NER/docs/ADP-NATIONAL-EMPLOYMENT-REPORT-May2016-Final-Press-Release.pdf

Private sector employment increased by 173,000 jobs from April toMay according to the May ADP National Employment Report®. Broadly distributed to the public each month, free of charge, the ADPNational Employment Report is produced by ADP® in collaboration withMoody’s Analytics. The report, which is derived from ADP’s actual payroll data, measures the change in total nonfarm private employment each month on a seasonally-adjusted basis

Last edited by boards of FL on 6/2/2016, 6:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

2seaoat wrote:I agree the President's economic policies after the horrific and historical economic crash following the Bush policies of lowering taxes and spending off budget in two wars were not perfect......the clunkers program was counter productive, but on whole his decisive actions have lead to eight years of economic stability and a significant decrease in our running deficits.  He will be held in high esteem in history.  The propaganda and lies have failed to fool the American Public and when they were saying his popularity is now greater than Reagan's at the same time in his presidency......it is not by accident......Americans get what he has done.

The bigger question is what would be different had either of the two Republican candidates won the elections of 2008 and 2012? "We'll never know..." is a cop-out for an answer.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

I wish we had elected ron paul in '08.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum