Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Obama's approval rating just hit its highest point in years, and that could be a huge problem for the GOP

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

knothead

knothead

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/obamas-approval-rating-just-hit-164400141.html

Excerpts:

The president's approval ratings at this point are far better than his predecessor, President George W. Bush, off whose unpopularity Obama thrived during his 2008 run. His level is most directly comparable to former President Ronald Reagan, who in March 1988 held a 51% approval rating, according to Gallup.

"I've been doing this [since] 1964, which is the Goldwater years," NBC/WSJ co-pollster Peter Hart told NBC of the relative unpopularity of many of the candidates earlier in the year. "To me, this is the low point. I've seen the disgust and the polarization. Never, never seen anything like this. They're not going up; they're going down."

However, Obama's approval rating at this point is actually lower than that of President Bill Clinton in March 2000. But, as Gallup has noted, the 2016 election is somewhat different than the one that featured George W. Bush running against Al Gore, Clinton's vice president.

Hillary Clinton is attaching herself to much of Obama's legacy. And Obama remains favorable to wide swaths of constituencies whom Clinton needs to turn out to vote in November. The president held high approval ratings among African-Americans (90%), Democrats (82%), Latinos (73%), and voters aged 18 to 34 (64%).

And despite the strong primary challenge from Sen. Bernie Sanders, in many ways, Clinton has run an incumbent-style campaign, and she has much of the party's establishment rallying behind her candidacy. That wasn't the case for Gore in 2000.

As Gallup's Dugan and Newport wrote earlier this year:

In comparison, the two most recent candidates running to succeed a two-term president of the same party — John McCain running to follow the unpopular Bush, and Al Gore trying to succeed the popular but scandal-prone Bill Clinton — went to greater pains to ensure they were not associated with the outgoing president.

They concluded: "Prior to that, George H.W. Bush in 1988 presented himself as a natural heir to the Reagan legacy and was able to win his own term."

2seaoat

History will be very kind to President Obama, and the obstructionist will not be fondly remembered in history.....

Lol... that devotion won't translate to hillary. No how... no way. She is a condemned liar and untrustworthy.

To all except the weak minded or corrupt themselves.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

PkrBum wrote:Lol... that devotion won't translate to hillary. No how... no way. She is a condemned liar and untrustworthy.

Right...because Bush was sooooo trustworthy.  And Donald Drumpf is sooooo trustworthy.  Have you jumped on the Trump wagon?  I saw an article in THE WEEK, just as I predicted months ago...Romney on his white horse saves the day.  Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Floridatexan wrote:
PkrBum wrote:Lol... that devotion won't translate to hillary. No how... no way. She is a condemned liar and untrustworthy.

Right...because Bush was sooooo trustworthy.  And Donald Drumpf is sooooo trustworthy.  Have you jumped on the Trump wagon?  I saw an article in THE WEEK, just as I predicted months ago...Romney on his white horse saves the day.  Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

I knew within two years that bush2 was not what he promised and didn't vote for him in 2004. See how that works? I doubt it. Hillary is a confirmed liar... what can you realistically expect by granting her the most powerful position on earth? The honest answer is that you have NO idea. I won't vote for trump for the same exact reason... except he might actually be more honest about his positions... as crazy as that sounds.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

PkrBum wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:

I knew within two years that bush2 was not what he promised and didn't vote for him in 2004. See how that works? I doubt it. Hillary is a confirmed liar... what can you realistically expect by granting her the most powerful position on earth? The honest answer is that you have NO idea. I won't vote for trump for the same exact reason... except he might actually be more honest about his positions... as crazy as that sounds.

Yeah, I see how that works. I wasn't stupid enough to vote for Bush ever. See how THAT works?

Floridatexan wrote:
PkrBum wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:

Yeah, I see how that works. I wasn't stupid enough to vote for Bush ever. See how THAT works?

As if that had significance or merit... lol. Exactly how many republican candidates for potus have you voted for?

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

PkrBum wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:
PkrBum wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:

Yeah, I see how that works.  I wasn't stupid enough to vote for Bush ever.  See how THAT works?

As if that had significance or merit... lol. Exactly how many republican candidates for potus have you voted for?

I might ask you the same...how many times have you voted for a Democrat? The first presidential election I could vote in was 1972. I think I wrote in 'Alfred E Newman'.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum