Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

November 2016 Depends on One Man. It Is Not Trump.

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

What you read below came to me in email. What do you make of it?
And calling me a bothsiderism racist who listens to elevator music is not a valid response to this thread. Although I'm sure that won't stop you from responding that way. lol

November 2016 Depends on One Man. It Is Not Trump.
James Comey.
Ring a bell?

He is the head of the FBI. We read on the FBI's site:
On September 4, 2013, James B. Comey was sworn in as the seventh Director of the FBI.

A Yonkers, New York native, James Comey graduated from the College of William & Mary and the University of Chicago Law School. Following law school, Comey served as an assistant United States attorney for both the Southern District of New York and the Eastern District of Virginia. Comey returned to New York to become the U.S. attorney for the Southern District of New York. In 2003, he became the deputy attorney general at the Department of Justice (DOJ).

Comey left DOJ in 2005 to serve as general counsel and senior vice president at defense contractor Lockheed Martin. Five years later, he joined Bridgewater Associates, a Connecticut-based investment fund, as its general counsel.
He knows how the Department of Justice works.

If he decides that Hillary Clinton committed acts that endangered the security of the United States, he can submit this evidence to the Attorney General.

This places a very hot potato in Loretta Lynch's lap. She will drop it into President Obama's lap within 24 hours.

If Obama does nothing, Comey waits 30 days. Then he calls a press conference.
Goodbye, Hillary. Hello . . .

This depends on when he does this.

If he does it before the Democrats' convention, Sanders will win the nomination. If he does it after the convention, the Republican will win the election. That probably means Trump.

Comey knows how the political game is played. He knows that, as of today, he holds all the cards. He is not holding aces over eights. He is holding four aces.

All he needs to do is say nothing for 30 days after he hands the file to Lynch -- no threats. Just silence.

If she swears him to secrecy, he can assure her that he will stay silent. Then he breaks his word. After all, it's government.

I assume that he will play ball with Lynch. He sounds like an establishment man to me. Wikipedia reports: "Comey is a registered Republican who donated to U.S. Senator John McCain's campaign in the 2008 presidential election and to Governor Mitt Romney's campaign in 2012 presidential election."

He does not sound like a Trump supporter. But what if he thinks she is guilty? What if he faces a cover-up of silence?
He is a lawyer. If he thinks Obama is stiffing the FBI for political reasons, he may decide to do what bureaucrats do: defend his agency's turf.

What if he waits until December, after she is elected, but before she takes the oath of office? That would create the greatest foul-up in American political history.

She would have zero legitimacy from that time forward. She would reject all calls for her to testify. She would claim executive privilege.

Does the word "Watergate" ring a bell?

He has leverage on a scale that no bureaucrat ever has. Hoover had leverage, but not on this scale. The issue is public: the security of her emails. Comey risks nothing if he goes public after about a 30-day delay.

After the press conference, if Obama fires him, Hillary is toast. So is Obama's legacy.
If Obama tells Lynch to stall until January 20, Clinton II's presidency is toast. Obama probably escapes intact.

If Comey deep-sixes the findings, the political dance goes on.

Will he deep-six it? Who knows? It depends on his sense of justice.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Here's your link:

http://www.garynorth.com/public/14966.cfm

Any relation to Oliver North?

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Floridatexan wrote:
Here's your link:

http://www.garynorth.com/public/14966.cfm

Any relation to Oliver North?  

I can't find any relationship between a Gary North and Oliver North.
In fact the only thing even remotely relevant for the name Gary North is this bisexual journalist and I don't think that's him.  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gary_North_%28journalist%29

p.s. but I will admit that your response was much better than if you'd called me a racist elevator music. lol

2seaoat

too funny......that is not how prosecutions work......it will NOT be one man's decision, and the government needs to meet all the elements of a crime by proving the same by beyond a reasonable doubt evidence.....it has NOTHING to do with this man, and everything to do with what has to be proved.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote:
too funny......that is not how prosecutions work......it will NOT be one man's decision, and the government needs to meet all the elements of a crime by proving the same by beyond a reasonable doubt evidence.....it has NOTHING to do with this man, and everything to do with what has to be proved.

Just for the sake of discussion,  let's presume there actually is enough evidence to indict Clinton of a similiar crime that David Patreus was convicted of.

SO,  what you believe is that politics would have no bearing on whether or not the Justice Department decides to prosecute Clinton?  The same Justice Department which works for President Obama?  The same President Obama whose "legacy" would be tarnished if his Secretary of State is charged with a crime?  You really believe that do you?  lol

knothead

knothead

If he decides that Hillary Clinton committed acts that endangered the security of the United States

Prognostication gone awry Bob . . . . . if a frog had wings . . . .

2seaoat

If Hillary Clinton was selling state secrets and giving classified information to third parties to garnish donations which the useful idiots imply, she would be indicted in a NY second and NO politics have nothing to do with it. When politics entered the Justice department in the Nixon administration....folks resigned.....not every lawyer and judge is your Mr. Baloney.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum