Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What's become clear to everyone but the 1%, is that capitalism doesn't work.

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

"The system is rigged," "My wife and I are working four jobs and we still can't get by!" What's gone wrong, of course, is that Capitalism has eaten our democracy. Check out the article below:

http://www.salon.com/2016/04/24/bernies_greatest_legacy_suddenly_its_ok_to_question_capitalism/?source=newsletter

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

The notion of the current system being rigged is the main point with Bernie. I think by revolution he means getting rid of the exorbitant power wielded by the one tenth of 1%ers.

The way we do capitalism in this country has never been perfect but it is really out of whack at the moment thanks to all the "adjustments" that have been made to the tax code and pressure put on members of Congress by the big special interest groups, financial, pharma, etc. That's what needs to change.

Anyone who has ever had high drug costs soon becomes aware of how the US consumer is being totally taken advantage of by the pharmaceutical companies.  And that's just one example. I don't think a desire for change is going to disappear after the election no matter who is elected do you?

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

othershoe1030 wrote:The notion of the current system being rigged is the main point with Bernie. I think by revolution he means getting rid of the exorbitant power wielded by the one tenth of 1%ers.

The way we do capitalism in this country has never been perfect but it is really out of whack at the moment thanks to all the "adjustments" that have been made to the tax code and pressure put on members of Congress by the big special interest groups, financial, pharma, etc. That's what needs to change.

Anyone who has ever had high drug costs soon becomes aware of how the US consumer is being totally taken advantage of by the pharmaceutical companies.  And that's just one example. I don't think a desire for change is going to disappear after the election no matter who is elected do you?

No, I don't. The movement to correct the problems is just underway. It now appears there are revolutionaries in both major parties. And we outnumber them.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Capitalism is an evil dictatorship which only benefits rich fat cats. It's never ever worked for anyone except the ultra filthy rich.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Bob wrote:Capitalism is an evil dictatorship which only benefits rich fat cats.  It's never ever worked for anyone except the ultra filthy rich.

As your icon shows, there is no difference between the R's and the D's. The establishment candidates just carry on with the policies that are best for the 1%. Okay, Trump says he wants to shake things up and appeals to a rebellious streak in the republican end of things but after all he is a businessman so how good could his ideas (what are his ideas anyway other than building a wall and imposing tariffs?) going to be for the middle class? I think I heard him say one time that he thought wages were too high, oh my.

I don't think we can flush capitalism down the drain in a broad brush sort of way though. It has run amok because of too many special interests getting goodies written in to tax laws and things like that. I think the profit motive and the market place are good things but they need to be regulated or else the economy turns in to a glorified game of Monopoly.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

What's wrong with capitalism is giant corporations.
What's wrong with government is the same thing. Government IS a giant corporation.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

othershoe1030 wrote:there is no difference between the R's and the D's.

Omigod, now you've done it, othershoe.  Now seaoat and sal and bds are gonna rant about your "bothsideserism and "fence-sitting".  lol

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Bob wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:there is no difference between the R's and the D's.

Omigod, now you've done it, othershoe.  Now seaoat and sal and bds are gonna rant about your "bothsideserism and "fence-sitting".  lol

Oh no. I mean they both pander to corporate and other special interests to the detriment of the middle class. The liberals now, with the donations Sanders has generated from the general public, have absolutely NO EXCUSE to not push truly liberal positions such as addressing climate change, one payer health care, income inequality, etc. There are still plenty of things to disagree about but now they should be free to be warriors for the middle class like Bernie is and not just whine about having to get re-elected.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Bob wrote:Capitalism is an evil dictatorship which only benefits rich fat cats.  It's never ever worked for anyone except the ultra filthy rich.

Only if not effectively regulated.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Golly, all these responses and literally no one has come to defend fascism ... errr.... capitalism.

Yeah, we get it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum