Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

All excited about my visit to Menards

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

2seaoat

This great box store called Menards started in Wisconsin and has incredible prices and unprecedented variety of hardware items. I am going to try to design a floating deck for my park model and I was getting nowhere at home depot and Lowes. Hall's Hardware almost got me where I had to go, but I hit the jackpot at menards. I am going to make a huge vinyl tent on the floating deck with six foot continuous mosquito netting. I had to have a way to connect pvc over steel canopy rods from a canopy 10 x 20. I basically got galvanized and plastic threaded four bolt base flanges where I can slip the canopy 1 inch steel into an inch and quarter schedule 40 electric conduit. I will be able to frame the tent using the combined steel and pvc framework which I will screw into the flanges on the deck and against a face board I will set at about 7 feet up against the park model, then screw the pvc and steel together to make incredible strong supports.. If a hurricane is coming....I simple pull five cotter pins, use an electric hoist to pull the deck away from the park model, and tow the park model to high protected ground. The deck has five boat jacks with wheels and I have wheels which when I pull it out will drop down and allow the hoist to pull the deck between trees where I will set three cables which should be able to withstand a sizeable surge as I have four by four box steel where it connects with the park model frame.

Menards I am now seeing in KY and hopefully they will make it to the panhandle.....folks from Wisconsin always had this chain called farm and fleet, but Menards is even better for folks who love hardware stores. I think this will be a unique and strong configuration and cannot wait to build it out. It should not be too exhausting, and I plan to rest frequently because Mrs. Seaoat cannot make this trip and will try to come down in mid may for about five days......

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum