Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

As I've been predicting for weeks, Trump has now found himself in a dilemma.

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

It was obvious to anyone that his shtick up to this point was alienating way too many voters for him to ever have a chance at winning the general election.
And it was easy to predict that at some point he would have to morph into a different candidate to ever have any hope of winning over any of those voters.

BUT, it was also obvious that any attempt he would make to pander to the these voters would also alienate him from the cult of voters he's already gained.

Now we see exactly how he's between this rock and this hard place.
My redneck cousin has been one of the Trumpites from the beginning.
But the position Trump has just taken on the North Carolina transgender bathroom situation has all of a sudden turned my cousin totally off of Trump.
And a great many others as well.

2seaoat

Thats ok......he will say something incredibly racist, and your cousin will be back on board.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote:Thats ok......he will say something incredibly racist, and your cousin will be back on board.

Could well happen. But then the hispanics, blacks, women, democrats and independents will hate him again.
As I said, a rock and a hard place.

Sal

Sal

He didn't lift his pivot foot.

boards of FL

boards of FL

Yes, all he has to do is say "We're gonna build a wall!"

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

boards of FL wrote:Yes, all he has to do is say "We're gonna build a wall!"

Yes and then he cancels out whatever gains he made with the new voters by being in favor of having trannies in the bathroom. lol

The bottom line is that he CANNOT win over new voters without pissing off his existing voters. And he cannot keep his existing voters without pissing off potential new voters.

The whole point of this is he has no path to victory in the general election.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

The only remaining question is why doesn't Trump himself realize this?
Well obviously he does recognize the dilemma he's in. It's just that his giant ego convinces him he can overcome it.

But he's not going to overcome it and instead he's going to go back home to Manhattan being a helluva lot more controversial than when he started.
And the conventional wisdom is that big corporations don't like controversy.
But of course the conventional wisdom hasn't been very wise when it comes to judging this character, so who knows.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I was just watching the Today Show.  And it showed Trump being interviewed this week saying flatly that he's in favor of higher taxes for the rich.

And then we were reminded that the tax plan he's presented flat out lowers the tax rate for the rich.

It's all pure unadulterated horseshit.  It's trying to transition the so-called reality tv in attempt to try to turn it into actual real life.  And that is nothing but a laughable proposition.  lol

As I've been predicting for weeks,  Trump has now found himself in a dilemma.   Trmp10

Sal

Sal

Bob wrote:
boards of FL wrote:Yes, all he has to do is say "We're gonna build a wall!"

Yes and then he cancels out whatever gains he made with the new voters by being in favor of having trannies in the bathroom.  lol

The bottom line is that he CANNOT win over new voters without pissing off his existing voters.  And he cannot keep his existing voters without pissing off potential new voters.

The whole point of this is he has no path to victory in the general election.

Dammit ...

... he was sooo close to getting the LGBT vote.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Here's the thing I really don't understand about the redneck bible thumping backlash to the Charlotte NC bathroom law.

I put this question to my redneck cousin who is so opposed to it.
I said, if you were in the men's room, what would you rather have in there with you? Someone who looks like a man? Or someone who looks like a woman?

The point being that a female who started out looking like a woman but now looks like a man, would be a lot more welcome in the men's room than someone who started out looking like a man but now looks like a woman.

I think it stumped him. lol

Sal

Sal

Bob wrote:

The point being that a female who started out looking like a woman but now looks like a man,  would be a lot more welcome in the men's room than someone who started out looking like a man but now looks like a woman.  

As I've been predicting for weeks,  Trump has now found himself in a dilemma.   Latest?cb=20131104111928

I guess some of us just have different motivations for going into a restroom.

I tend to do my business and leave.

I'm not looking for an encounter of any kind.

But, that's just me.

Restrooms in public...when I gotta go, I gotta go. I don't care if you are male, female, female with man parts, man with female parts, just let me go in the stall and do my business. I never engage anyone in a public bathroom let alone stand there long enough to decide someones gender or wanna be gender. It's a human function - take care of it - flush and move on.

People need to get a life.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

The last two posts will get no argument from me because I couldn't care less about any of that either.  Actually I prefer to piss behind the tree in the backyard.  That way I don't have to encounter any men,  women,  queers, straights, trannies, republicans or democrats.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum