Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

LoW overhead..no one was killed...

+2
no stress
TEOTWAWKI
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Found aftermath Youtube...

no stress

no stress

Oh crap!

Markle

Markle

TEOTWAWKI wrote:

Don't you have a rail road overpass which catches a tractor trailer on a regular basis? They have signs and everything up for how low the clearance is for the bridge but some drivers don't seem to pay attention.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Markle wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:

Don't you have a rail road overpass which catches a tractor trailer on a regular basis? They have signs and everything up for how low the clearance is for the bridge but some drivers don't seem to pay attention.

Yup...
LoW overhead..no one was killed... 2715607977_81eaf12d1e_z

admiller photo

I helped a friend building gas stations and I ran the construction at the Milton DOT fueling station. Those canopies are really strong. Each post had a chunk of concrete that was at least six feet deep, six feet wide, and six feet long... 8 yards of concrete for each canopy post!

2seaoat

I have not had this confirmed, but in my travels I have seen a great many overpasses over railroad lines where the bridges are being raised four to seven feet. I have seen a great deal of this and when I asked someone why a pretty new bridge was being raised he said that they are going to triple up on rail cars with the containers. The last few years I have seen the low rail cars with two containers, but I have a bunch of containers and they are all 8 feet high, and that would be at least 26-28 feet needed at overpass clearances, but when you figure a train could increase their loads by 33%, this is a huge advancement if it is true. The Port of Pensacola had a very good chance with the expansion of the Panama Canal of being profitable, but if the West Coast ports are working with the railroads to increase major east west routes by over 30%, the west coast ports are going to stay relevant.

knothead

knothead

2seaoat wrote:I have not had this confirmed, but in my travels I have seen a great many overpasses over railroad lines where the bridges are being raised four to seven feet. I have seen a great deal of this and when I asked someone why a pretty new bridge was being raised he said that they are going to triple up on rail cars with the containers. The last few years I have seen the low rail cars with two containers, but I have a bunch of containers and they are all 8 feet high, and that would be at least 26-28 feet needed at overpass clearances, but when you figure a train could increase their loads by 33%, this is a huge advancement if it is true. The Port of Pensacola had a very good chance with the expansion of the Panama Canal of being profitable, but if the West Coast ports are working with the railroads to increase major east west routes by over 30%, the west coast ports are going to stay relevant.

Hauling automobiles requires triple deckers which are higher than the double decker trailer cars.

2seaoat

I was talking about the low boys with two containers.....my understanding is that they are going to go with three deep on the major rail lines east and west.......our farmers have improved their efficiencies 100% in the last 30 years, and this would represent a 33% savings in rail.....huge, but some of the bridges I see them working on were built new as little as 10 years ago. things are a changing.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-iYGAcn66o4&feature=related

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0X-0w8LJKM&feature=related

Today I went with a friend to pay my respects at Wall South. As I walked around the area, I saw the Port in a new light. I have always been a strong supporter of the port. Self interest as I used to work on the Delta Mariner and other ships when they were in port(Yes, the one that took down the bridge). I hate to say it but I think the Port is toast. Looking at Mr Freds place on the old Muscogee wharf and all the super trendy places in Aragon court, I think it is game over for the working class in downtown Pensacola. All the support places are gone, Greens machine shop, Industrial Marine, and many of the working class places are gone. Maybe not a bad thing but they are still gone. The Fish House , Atlas, Jacksons and Roostenburgs Marina are too close to the port. We used to dock our finished boats at Palafox Pier and load a lot of supplies and the finishing touches before delivering them. Only a small amount of space is left on the East side. Gone is the Pensacola Bay fishing fleet. You do remember all the shrimp boats that use to fish the bay, dont you.? Almost all gone. Slowly but surely downtown will become exclusively a very trendy place to be. It is almost there now. The constant infighting amongst the players has held back the success of downtown. Places like Port Royal and Aragon court(once a bad place to live) will now be the norm. Watch what happens to the "Old Stinky" property....In the not too far distant future the "Port" will be another domino in the game of downtown Pensacola. Trust me on this one.........The Port and the working stiffs who hang out there will soon be history. Enter another visionary like Mr Studer and the Port will be gone. Watch, the Big boys are going to show everyone how the game is played.........Stooderville is just a warm up........

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum